Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

With the Pod done, and the Nautilus model not arriving till after Xmas, I need another project.

So... here we have "The Old School Skull One"

(Because there's no school like the Old School, and Roy's the ruddy Headmaster!)

An FW190-D, which is going to be finished in Roy Fokker's Skull One colour scheme.

I've been toying with the idea of WWI / WWII Macross for a while, and I might as well start with this one.

post-15195-0-05890600-1353553589_thumb.jpg

With the Pod done, and the Nautilus model not arriving till after Xmas, I need another project.

So... here we have "The Old School Skull One"

(Because there's no school like the Old School, and Roy's the ruddy Headmaster!)

An FW190-D, which is going to be finished in Roy Fokker's Skull One colour scheme.

I've been toying with the idea of WWI / WWII Macross for a while, and I might as well start with this one.

post-15195-0-05890600-1353553589_thumb.jpg

You wouldn't happen to know what kind of propeller plane Roy flew before joining the military do you? I saw it a few time in the cartoon but I have no idea what it was. Pretty sure it was the episode where Hikaru was remembering his childhood right after Roy died of an allergic reaction to pineapple.

It is supposed to be a replica of a Fokker D.VII, I believe (in canary yellow, which figures I suppose).

I hope to be able to track down a decent one in 1/32 to keep it in scale with the other warbirds I have for the project.

Edited by nautilus

Got this in yesterday. It's not much but it's a replacement for the first Macross anything I ever owned. The first one was purchased by my grandmother a long time ago and this one was purchased by my mom for Xmas. It has a lot of sentimental value despite its small size.

photobucket-30701-1354040818181.jpg

Got this in yesterday. It's not much but it's a replacement for the first Macross anything I ever owned. The first one was purchased by my grandmother a long time ago and this one was purchased by my mom for Xmas. It has a lot of sentimental value despite its small size.

Nice! I love those little kits! I have a small collection of those myself. I just need the Glaug in 1/200 and I'm set for a killer diorama.

Fun kits! They were also some of my first Macross items too (in addition to the Revell 1/72 Changers). I left mine undecaled (sp?) for years before putting them on; it made a huge difference in addition to the paint. Have fun! :)/>

http://www.macrosswo...ndpost&p=523731

Thanks for sharing that link. I didn't know there were so many of these models.

Yuo guys know I love the 1/200 kits! Yes, the fighters have stubby noses, but all the other mecha look good for that scale - and era they were made in.

Thank God I just scored a 1/5000 SDF-1 (Robotech) off ebay for $56 including shipping! The box is crushed, but it's not the original Imai so I'm not worried :D Now to find time to build it. My original looks like the Zentaedi wacked it! - MT

Edited by MechTech

Yuo guys know I love the 1/200 kits! Yes, the fighters have stubby noses, but all the other mecha look good for that scale - and era they were made in.

Thank God I just scored a 1/5000 SDF-1 (Robotech) off ebay for $56 including shipping! The box is crushed, but it's not the original Imai so I'm not worried :D Now to find time to build it. My original looks like the Zentaedi wacked it! - MT

I got that same kit 3 years ago off ebay, super lucky the Seller was unloading her Ex's toys/models. I asked what the shipping would be, she said $10.00 S&H and $10.00 for the kit, Super happy rocket ship A-ok bargain Deal!! :D

P.S. MT, you might want to consider making custom arms for that kit, the stock parts are completely non poseable,

Just making sure everything fits like it should an no warped parts. No need to film the landing gear, armament, decals or pilots. Not using the Revell parts but using top notch replacement pieces! B))

Now to get the right color paints. Also can anyone verify if I have the right part on for a F-14D in the last picture... the Gun port.

post-6180-0-16926300-1354327907_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-16779800-1354327911_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-62545700-1354327913_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-22682900-1354327916_thumb.jpg

Just making sure everything fits like it should an no warped parts. No need to film the landing gear, armament, decals or pilots. Not using the Revell parts but using top notch replacement pieces! B))

Now to get the right color paints. Also can anyone verify if I have the right part on for a F-14D in the last picture... the Gun port.

Yep, that's the right one. D-models had those recessed intake vents instead of all the big slatted vents. Although, that doesn't necessarily mean the ones in Macross Zero used the right gun either, so I'd check the source material. :p Fortunately, I think the old Monogram/Revell F-14 comes with the old (wrong for a D) Martin Baker seats, so in this case, their screw-up works in your favor, since you're good to go with those for Shin's F-14.

Beware about those huge intake pieces though... it's recommended that you cut off the sections of fuselage attached to the intakes, and glue them on separately. That area is a royal pain in the backside to smooth out later.

Thanks 505th! It's the one in cruiser mode, but I do have the attacker version that could use some love. I got the Yellow Sub ball joint s that should help that baby out. I think your Shin version will look better than real life!

The Valken looks good Cain. I saw that on HLJ, but it looks a bit better now. I like the more realistic looking mecha personally (outside of Macross ;) ) - MT

Thanks for letting me know I got the right piece there, been awhile since I've built a Revell kit and man how the directions lack specifics, Also thank you for the idea with the intake section Chronocidal, I've had that issue before with getting it sanded down properly without a big gap going on there. I'm also going to get some proper seats and Photo etch parts for the cockpit, just right for the D model.

@MT, awesome you found the Cruiser mode for that price. That model can get damn expensive sometimes as I think most fans want that kit over the Attack mode. Don't forget to post pics as you build it. I'll do the same as my paints are all on the way! B))

Thanks! I showed my wife how much the others cost that were online there and that pretty much sealed the deal ;) We've gave up our personal allowances for the last few months to finance the stuff we wanted to get the children - and our "Christmas" presents to for each other. So I had to ask nicely to get this kit. Thankfully my wife understands the whoel "Macross Thing." In fact, everyone that's known me for the past 30 years! - MT

I'm also going to get some proper seats and Photo etch parts for the cockpit, just right for the D model.

Just to make sure, remember, the Macross Zero F-14D isn't standard. In fact, given the mashup of details on them, I'd half guess the production team animated the CG F-14 in M0 based on a Monogram/Revell F-14D kit :lol:

I think David Hingten gave a detailed rundown of all the inconsistencies on the M0 F-14, so you might want to do a search. I know there were a few differences, such as mounting AMRAAMs instead of Sparrows, and using the old seats with the overhead yellow and black handles. I think the cockpit in general may have been vintage A-model equipment, since I remember him using the old missile selector switch. But I also want to say they mixed around some of the various antenna bulges and such on the aircraft, possibly the ECM bulges on the wing gloves. I'll have to watch again to be sure.

Edited by Chronocidal

The Valken looks good Cain. I saw that on HLJ, but it looks a bit better now. I like the more realistic looking mecha personally (outside of Macross ;) ) - MT

Valken is my favourite SFC game and the battle suit is so cool. I was praying for this kit for so long , it's a dream come true.

It's not super accurate but it's good enough. and easy to assemble.

Valken is my favourite SFC game and the battle suit is so cool. I was praying for this kit for so long , it's a dream come true.

It's not super accurate but it's good enough. and easy to assemble.

Now I understand, cool! Maybe my son will get one with his Christmas money from the family ;) - MT

Couldn't resist, while at Hobby Lobby for some art supplies today these were 40% off. Now I just need to decide what Squadron to paint this one. Real world or UN SPACY?

same kit that i myself picked up around 6/8mos. ago for around $14.

it's largely finished now... just need to get around to some photos. don't expect anything approaching

a halfway-professional job though... :unsure:

Lol I hear you. Valken (aka cybernator) and Front mission mechs are my kinda stuff ;-)

mine too :lol:

ASL-JOHN-4-28-12.jpg