Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

The kits are looking great guys! The Falcon looks great (my son seconded that). The Frazi (nice use of sign board stock) and Ikazuki look great. I have no idea what the Mongrol and Ro Jaws is, but they look cool too.

My wife was around the computer and I read her what you gusy were saying about "what the wife says" and she laughed. She knew I was an "addict" before being married so I warned her into what she was getting into. I guess she feels secure knowing I'm at my workbench instead at another chicks house! ;)

The other night I was stuck at work late compiling a report and she called. I picked up the phone and she just said, "who's the ho!?" I laughed, looked at my monitors and said "Samsung!" She busted up! Back to the bench! - MT

My wife was around the computer and I read her what you gusy were saying about "what the wife says" and she laughed. She knew I was an "addict" before being married so I warned her into what she was getting into. I guess she feels secure knowing I'm at my workbench instead at another chicks house! ;)

The other night I was stuck at work late compiling a report and she called. I picked up the phone and she just said, "who's the ho!?" I laughed, looked at my monitors and said "Samsung!" She busted up! Back to the bench! - MT

Unfortunately my ho's name was the mom's kitchen... okay that didn't sound right. Anyway MT you are so right, at least you can say your mistress is a model..

The ship's coming together nicely, Lt.Zombe. All the hard work is paying off.

Thanks! Humbling considering the nice work that's standard around here.

A few more from this week:

Cleaning up the BFG mounts was a pain:

111_3691.jpg

111_3692.jpg

But I finally cleaned/squared them up:

111_3693.jpg

Made the armature/stand tube look a little neater:

111_3695.jpg

Cleaned up the little white pieces by fairing and sculpting them with CA and baking soda. They're going to be for more RCS thrusters (little blurry):

111_3697.jpg

Now the additions on the bottom hopefully make sense to you guys as hardpoints for the BFM's:

111_3698.jpg

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny

Edited by Lt. Z0mBe

Coming along very nicely... /applaud

I'm still in a pod frenzy, preparing for the arrival of the big lad...

he 1/100 prepared me for the 1/72. Though, I think I went a little too far with the airbrush and have to tone down the shading.

post-15195-0-68338700-1349079396_thumb.jpg

Edit: Fair point about the lack of maintenance, but I still say it looks better with a little toning down. ;)

post-15195-0-46137500-1349134999_thumb.jpg

post-15195-0-68304500-1349135030_thumb.jpg

post-15195-0-67381900-1349135064_thumb.jpg

Edited by nautilus

Well the Zentrans aren't exactly known for maintaining their equipment so I think it works. Kinda like a Jeep, you just don't wash it.

Yup. In MF, Klan said something about Zentran equipment being able to function perfectly even without maintenance for centuries.

@ Jefuemon:

Where did you buy that? Was a major Airwolf fan back in the day. Hope its still available.

Might get that for myself this Christmas.

Sadly, it's been discontinued. However, I was just at my favorite hobby shop a few days ago, and they still had 1 or 2 on the shelf. PM me if you're interested in me picking you up one.

It's really weird when those things show up at work. It's friendly though. Usually I have to get the bug spray or a heavy boot...

They're not so bad, you only start worrying about them when they grow huge!

D-Style Rex!

Expect this to happen in a few months from Kotobukiya.

Yup! Figured I should beat them to the punch before I start giving them a ton of money. :lol:

Thom, nice looking Battlestar, I'll be keeping an eye on this one. Also it's now early November for the Pegasus kit to come out... oh the waiting game!

I know! At least it's still this year!! I have three on pre-order so my fleet will be rockin' with some awesome firepower. And yes, one of those Peggies will be named Galactica! :D

Armoring up a Big-G as the Battlestar Nemein.

Can't wait to see more of this... love BSG.

Lucky!! One of these days I'll have a VF-1D in 1/48, its the missing Holy Grail in my collection.

Me too... this is another commission.

I bring you the further adventures of the average modeler:

To compliment my fictional German TD posted a few pages back (now being painted) I whipped up this quick build:

post-659-0-77353000-1349558602_thumb.jpg

It needs a bit more sanding and I think I am gonna trade my friend the individual links for some band tracks. High quality or no, I don't want to prep 700 pieces for a quick build.

Can't wait to see more of this... love BSG.

Me too... this is another commission.

Correction... Lucky you get to work on one. The Captain needs to re-release his conversion kit or you need to make a new VF-1D kit someday! B))

I know! At least it's still this year!! I have three on pre-order so my fleet will be rockin' with some awesome firepower. And yes, one of those Peggies will be named Galactica! :D

By the Lords of Kobol, 3 Peggies... The Cylons in your collection don't stand a chance! :D

Valkyrie Rescue!

This forlorn Yamato 1/48 Ichijou Strike was lying, all forlorn and unloved at a second-hand shop in Yokote yesterday. Missing a few pieces, and showing the signs of yellowing, I could not let the little chap languish there any longer - especially not a 1,000 yen for Valk and strike parts together.

Just in time for me to try some more realistic airbrush work - as well as breaking out some weathering powders which I have inherited.

I hope I can do the poor lad justice, bring him back a little pride and give my up-coming 1/48 Glaug a fitting companion. :)

post-15195-0-69256800-1350014478_thumb.jpg

post-15195-0-69625800-1350014512_thumb.jpg