Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Both my son and Daughter are on the Lego Ninjago kick right now. We've been buying them the smaller kits, but birthdays are around the corner. They're already plotting and scheming what they're gonna get and what parts/weapons/characters they're gonna trade each other. I think they're gonna get the nice Lego table for them to build their projects on. The old table is smaller and wobbly. The funny part about all of this is when they say what they're gonna get, I ask them, "WOW! Who's gonna pay for all that stuff!" :lol: - MT

And, which resin Batt, if I may ask? Curious kitteh needs to know...

The Hobby Base Repptu one.

post-12411-0-93551800-1346317723_thumb.jpg

As you can see, I've already built one, but I did it before I was really ready too. Going to do a much better job with this one.

FInally finished the Aves cleanup of the thing. There will be a little more later as I add subassemblies but the lion's share is complete.

The mounts for the kit armament are removed. I'm going to change the armament a bit, keeping with the theme I've got going.

111_3674.jpg

111_3673.jpg

The underside on this thing's horrible. There was no definition and the kit lines were crooked. In fairing in the widened cockpit tub, I added some symmetry and definition:

111_3675.jpg

Finally, the tail booms, details and their vertical stabilizers got blessed Aves-and-styrene treatment, coupled with delicate sanding work to get some definition out of the featureless blah that was each side of empennage:

111_3676.jpg

111_3678.jpg

Next, I've got some RCS thrusters I want to add, the exhaust nozzles, some fun stuff (BFG's!) and the catharsis known as scribing panel lines. I think I am going to have a bit of fun with a base too.

Comments and criticisms welcome

Kenny

Currently working on 1/72 advanced version of Mig-29 from Macross Zero as shown in last 5 episode with additional front wings. As base I took kit from ICM. Actually i took two kits and first was completely failed because kit has good geometry but needs lot of putty, sanding and adjustments. I've replaced upper intakes with closed ones, cut of and installed flaps and slats down and ailerons up. Stabilizers were made movable, added details to cockpit and exhausts. Also nose were removed and added scratch build radar system. I've rescribed some panel lines and add rivets. Installed airbrakes from Aires.

I've mixed up tails but noticed it too late. So decided to leave them as they are.

Now working on addition wings, chasis, intakes and small details. Plan to color it in geometry camo and use decals left from SV-51.

IMG_0509.JPG

mig29.jpg

Edited by Zubique

1:72 FM Falcon Update....weathering is NOT my strong suit...I freely admit it...the streaking process if very hard to get accurate for me...however, I did manage to print my own sheet of "="'s decals to put all over the thing! First time I had tried that. anyways..here is where I am with the top and sides almost complete..comments welcome!

post-11393-0-67203200-1346691184_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-75183800-1346691196_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-29002400-1346691205_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-37266800-1346691220_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-59812300-1346691230_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-40168600-1346691250_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-08453400-1346691265_thumb.jpg

1:72 FM Falcon Update....weathering is NOT my strong suit...I freely admit it...the streaking process if very hard to get accurate for me...however, I did manage to print my own sheet of "="'s decals to put all over the thing! First time I had tried that. anyways..here is where I am with the top and sides almost complete..comments welcome!

That looks bloody lovely! I'm a real sucker for the Falcon, and that one looks right on...

However, I have to say that you are doing yourself down, If I could manage weathering like that, I'd be well happy.

Still, enough of the ships for the moment. Starting work on a present from the Missus.

post-15195-0-53549900-1346735359_thumb.jpg

I could never afford the Tsukuba Nadia kits back in the day, and by the time I had the money they were getting hard to find.

Now, however, they are beginning to resurface and this one shows no real signs of decay, even after being sat for twenty five years waiting its time.

post-15195-0-05944600-1346816965_thumb.jpg

I love this new airbrush. I've never owned a double-action brush before, and I am finding it very flexible indeed. I only used it on the pantaloons, but I was able to adjust mix as I was going and quickly blend subtle highlights and shadows into the final job.

Oh, aye... And some Warhammer as well.

post-15195-0-41972000-1346736004_thumb.jpg

post-15195-0-49986800-1346736097_thumb.jpg

Edited by nautilus

Remember that one good sequence from the first Appleseed movie?

I missed out on these - I was in a bit of a strop about how much of a turkey the film was :D - but I wish I'd picked one up when I could.

They look fabulous.

You lucky git! :p

Here's this morning's update on the Frazi. I mounted the engines and gave them each their own little laminated styrene housing, to both integrate the "new" engines and suggest that this Frazi is a later or special lend-lease mark.

111_3679.jpg

111_3681.jpg

111_3680.jpg

On the underside, I added a little bit of detail too.

111_3682.jpg

111_3683.jpg

I just finished a round of Avesing just before snapping those to fill some of the gaps between the engines and fuselage.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny

That Fulcrum looks awesome. My only advice, based solely on my personal opinion, is to lose the mid-spine forward swept canards... to me they just don't suit the MIG-29; maybe smaller, conventional canards mounted on the leading edge of the blended fuselage LERX, just aft of the cockpit, would look more complimentary of the fighter while still giving it a custom, ATF-esque upgrade to the airframe.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, I'm assuming he's going off the ones from Macross Zero, and it doesn't look far off from this pic. :)

mig29mod3vz9.jpg

The ones he's got might be a little oversized, but it looks like the right placement.

By the way, I'm guessing the wing stripes are taken from the Nora SV-51 kit, but still doesn't decrease how impressive they look on that MiG. Honestly, that scheme is one of my all time favorite paint schemes on any plane, ever. I actually made a custom P-38 skin for IL-2 with that type of scheme, and it looks just as good there. It's just a very striking scheme to use, and I really don't know of many planes it wouldn't look good on.

It gets even better if you start swapping colors around. I think I did a version in blue with white stripes that was really beautiful too.

Edited by Chronocidal

Thanks guys. Yes. I've used this screens as reference. Sadly it shows only for a few seconds and no more detailed info. About span wings - firstly i've made them smaller but really dont like how they look. This ones i like much more and the size looks ok. Photo was made by phone so it's adding some disproportion to shapes, little fisheye effect. But they are still a bit massive than on screenshot, yep.

For that stripes i've used decals from one of SV-51 kits i have. But it was hardest time ever to put them to Mig so better i should use masks. Next time i will.

Well, I'm assuming he's going off the ones from Macross Zero, and it doesn't look far off from this pic. :)

mig29mod3vz9.jpg

The ones he's got might be a little oversized, but it looks like the right placement.

By the way, I'm guessing the wing stripes are taken from the Nora SV-51 kit, but still doesn't decrease how impressive they look on that MiG. Honestly, that scheme is one of my all time favorite paint schemes on any plane, ever. I actually made a custom P-38 skin for IL-2 with that type of scheme, and it looks just as good there. It's just a very striking scheme to use, and I really don't know of many planes it wouldn't look good on.

It gets even better if you start swapping colors around. I think I did a version in blue with white stripes that was really beautiful too.

Edited by Zubique