You do know thats Dr. Life (his real name) and he sells prescription HGH right?

Did not remember the details. I recalled he made the rounds on some daytime talk shows (Dr. Oz?), but I've not delved into the details. There is some controversy surrounding his being such a proponent of HGH, right?

Being an 80's child, I remember the cliches they used to tell us in school to encourage us to stay away from the needles ('roids)....

--they'll shrivel your balls up, man!

--you'll have a heart attack at 30!

So what input would someone like Rich Froning have on the matter, I wonder? Anyways, I hope Arnold will steer clear of the needles (you got nothin else to prove, man) and this T5 remake/reboot/whatever the fu*k it's supposed to be...

Personally, I didn't hate Salvation at all like I thought I would. Sure Bale as Conner was a completely excess character, but don't see at all why they wouldn't continue using the same shitty director.

i think the best part of T4:S was the part not included: when he had that famous meltdown over a retard of a gaffer screwing up his shot 'You're a Professional?'

i think the best part of T4:S was the part not included: when he had that famous meltdown over a retard of a gaffer screwing up his shot 'You're a Professional?'

It really was the best part of Salvation. The Terminator is a classic, T2 is a work of art. T3 is quite enjoyable and has some impressive scenes (as well its faults) but T4 is just bad in more ways than one.

T4 would have worked with the ending where the proto Terminator assumed the role of John Connor. It's such a good move in so many ways. It implies that even if Skynet were able to go back in time and kill Connor another Connor will simply emerge. It also explains why Skynet is having such a hard time killing him in the future.

T4 would have worked with the ending where the proto Terminator assumed the role of John Connor. It's such a good move in so many ways. It implies that even if Skynet were able to go back in time and kill Connor another Connor will simply emerge. It also explains why Skynet is having such a hard time killing him in the future.

Bleh...Just what we need, a cop out that renders the first two movies completely pointless because the scriptwriters and film makers couldn't give us the flm we really want a massive future war offensive that shows the downfall of skynet with its denfense net and the sending of the first terminator back in time.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Well T4 was supposed to be the first in a trilogy... something had to be saved for T6.

EDIT - Also, T3 already explained that the future is going to happen, regardless, which kinda rendered the first two meaningless right?

Edited by jenius

EDIT - Also, T3 already explained that the future is going to happen, regardless, which kinda rendered the first two meaningless right?

I think the first movie already made that point fairly well. John Conner wouldn't exist if his father wasn't sent back in time. Therefore, because he exists to send Reese back to father him, Skynet must take over the world with robots.

Anyhow, T4 is definitely the low point (so far). When I first saw T3, I thought it was horrible, but T4 made it look good! (And T3 has it's dirty-pleasure fun of being entirely goofy. Although it fails at serious VF, if you watch it as a comedy, it works.)

T3 has a slew of issues, but I like the premise of there is no escaping their fate.

I found that part of the movie completely nonsensical and against what the previous movies stood for. One of the major themes of both Terminator 1 and 2 was about changing the future and being able to control their own destiny- for it to be thrown out so flippantly with such poor plot and other issues made it all the more unwatchable for me. One can look at Looper and see how time travel plots can still be resolved instead of the endless repeats to milk a franchise. I felt Terminator 4 was doomed because it had to follow Terminator 3's background as well which was a horrible premise to start off with.

Was really hoping to see a movie where Skynet comes online and creates the first time loop where it ends with Skynet having to send Arnie and the T-1000 back- that'd be a great prequel.

• 4 months later...

Some updates on this film:

- The new film is now simply titled Terminator. It will be a reboot and the first of a new trilogy not related to the previous films.

- Annapurna Pictures (Zero Dark Thirty, Spring Breakers) won the rights to produce this film and one more installment. Skydance Productions (Star Trek Into Darkness, World War Z) will also finance the film.

- Paramount Pictures has distribution rights to this film, thus keeping the tradition of each Terminator film having a different film distributor.

- Arnold is confirmed to return. Projected release date is July 1, 2015.

- Justin Lin will not direct. Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) is in negotiations to take the director's chair.

- Screenplay is to be done by Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) and Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar, Shutter Island).

Rumored Casting List:

Sarah Connor

Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Tagaryen in Game of Thrones)

Brie Larson (Envy Adams in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World)

Margot Robbie (Charlotte in About Time)

John Connor

Boyd Holbrook

Garrett Hedlund (Sam Flynn in Tron: Legacy)

Kyle Reese

Tom Hardy (Tommy Riordan in Warrior)

Garrett Hedlund (Patroclus in Troy)

Nicholas Hoult (Jack the Giant Slayer)

Taylor Kitsch (John Carter)

Edited by areaseven

Well maybe they'll pull an alternate timeline a la the Star Trek reboot. That way the die-hards that want the first (4) Terminator flicks to be cannon can have their wish along with those that would like for them to just wipe the board clean and start over.

And honestly, beyond Terminator 2 and bits and pieces from Rise of the Machines and Salvation I wish they would just start over OR act like the last two (and that damn TV show) never happened.

-b.

The original concept of Salvation was interesting, hybrid terminators and what not, even got explored in the novels like the one that came out after Salvation with Barnes and whats her name that is just dumb action chick to replace sarah connor.

There was some interesting bits here and there we never got to have. Like I thought Marcus becoming John Connor was a neat, but also that Skynet won by turning on Marcus's backup chip and killing everyone after taking Connors face after he dies from his heart injury by the T-RIP.

• 1 month later...

T4 would never have worked... it had too many story lines and no real focus.

Salvation was SO frustrating because it had like moments where things clicked.. and then it just turned into a bad made for TV movie.

I didn't care about the terminator who thought he was human. So silly. It's like Arnie says in T3, "Desire is irrelevant.. I am a MACHINE!". Totally missed the point. And then they piled this forced love story with the female resistance fighter that you meet half way through the film... pointless. I didn't give a fook about her or him. And she turns on her friends for a machine so they can makeout? What a hooker. NO.. that's not going to make us feel the same as Conner and Sarah falling for each other. Wrong themes, wrong ideas. No.

Helena Cater was godawful and should have never been cast. She is a pretty terrible actor all the way around and she only gets roles because she bangs her hack husband...

And that little girl "star"... totally pointless. Are we making cartoons here, or an apocalyptic sci-fi movie for adults? Oh.. look.. she doesn't talk. How cute.

Plus, you had the sub-plots with the resistance leaders fighting each other... just another level of crap, while Conner's wife was little more than a background decoration after T3 had spent so much time on her.

It was such a mess of a mess. Too many hands in the pot stirring things around throwing in crap we didn't need.

I just wanted to see Conner and Reese doing cool crap in the future. That's all the film needed. That's all. And they fraked it up.

It's so close to being a cool movie it hurts. (Kind of like AVP only needed aliens killing predators and so on, but that's another rant.) Here is what I would have done: I would edit the movie down to just the scenes with Conner finding out about the T-800 as the new big weapon. Then, have Reese pretty much on his own, maybe with another freedom fighter that dies along the way to add some gravity to the gritty visuals. Then Reese and Conner finally meet up and discover the fake human, which they reprogram to attack the T-800s and save Conners wife or something.

Along the way Conner and Reese have a moment of muted understanding, then Conner's wife dies or Conner himself dies. Doesn't matter. There really isn't much reason to stay in the future other than to fill in the gaps about Reese, or show Conner being a badass.

I would have edited the overly emotional human Terminator's back story completely out of the film. His brother died or something? Cut the little girl out completely. Cut Carter out and replace her with some scary machine code overmind. Something that visualizes the insanity of skynet.

I don't know what's wrong with movie makers today. They tell stories like old people fook.

Anyway, this is a cool article: If anybody has read Walt Simonson's and Frank Miller's Terminator vs Robocop comic it's pretty much the same thing. (Great read btw. Basically Robocop is the spark that makes skynet self aware.)

http://latino-review.com/2013/12/crazy-world-terminator-time-travel/

ASSUMPTION ONE: There is no God. At least not one that controls Fate. When someone dies in the Terminator Universe, no one tries to console the living parties by telling them “God has a plan,” because if God had a plan, it involves a whole bunch of crazy time travel. There is no fatalist, Judeo-Christian God.

ASSUMPTION TWO: The past exists, but the future doesn’t. This is a complex point that ties into Assumption Three.

ASSUMPTION THREE: If time travel exists for multiple people/beings, it is impossible to jump into “the future.” You can only jump into “a future.”

ASSUMPTION FOUR: Timelines aren’t “erased” unless a time travel event in the past makes a particular future impossible. If, while you’re reading this post, someone goes back in time and blows up the Earth, you would not exist in this future, but the Traveller who blew up the Earth world exist in an Earthless universe even if he built his time machine on Earth in an alternate timeline.

Edited by Gakken85

• 1 month later...

No updates on this project, but you might get a kick out of this.

The one on the first movie raises some very good points. Though, it lost me when it started to talk about the internet.

The internet, at least in the form that it exists now with the capabilities we generally associate with it, didn't exist when the movie was released. No way to future proof a movie, eh?

On the flip side, that part of Reese's exposition (all records were lost) could be construed as a flaw: do we, the audience, assume that Reese knows everything about that, including what records Skynet holds? Is it only his opinion? The movie doesn't dwell on it or let the audience mull it over - so in that regards (the writers assuming that the audience takes his dialogue as fact), it's a flaw. Nevermind the internet part.

• 3 weeks later...

http://reddblog.com/2014/03/arnold-schwarzenegger-talks-new-terminator-script-production-details-revealed/

Arnold Schwarzenegger calls new Terminator movie ‘Fantastic’ and while speaking at a fan even at the Arnold Sports Festival​ in Columbus he talks about Terminator genesis with fans. Arnold Schwarzenegger returning to the franchise as one of the titular robots. Also, production on the latest Terminator film is set to begin this April.

“We start filming in the middle or in the end of April and it will be a four or four-and-a-half month long shoot. We will be filming it in New Orleans with some of it in San Francisco and maybe a little of it in LA but most of it will be done in New Orleans. I’m really looking forward to that because as you know, the last time when they did the Terminator, it was when I was Governor and so I couldn’t be in that movie but now I’m back again and they are very excited about having me in the film… The script is fantastic so I’m really looking forward to this film.”

The first in a stand-alone trilogy, the new Terminator will also star Jason Clarke, Emilia Clarke, and Jai Courtney. David Ellison will produce with Laeta Kalorgridis (Avatar, Shutter Island) and Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) attached to write the screenplay.​

Set to be directed by Thor: The Dark World’s Alan Taylor.

Syfy had a blurb about the movie and it sounds interesting. Part of it takes place in 84, another part in the early nineties, and a third part in 2003 or so. From the description the film ties together the first three movies. The one quote I remember from the article was "who is going to play 'Bill Paxton'"?

Syfy had a blurb about the movie and it sounds interesting. Part of it takes place in 84, another part in the early nineties, and a third part in 2003 or so. From the description the film ties together the first three movies. The one quote I remember from the article was "who is going to play 'Bill Paxton'"?

I read this on AICN and its sounds too ambitious. Hollywood needs to sit down, watch the original 1984 film and learn why it was so cool.

• 1 month later...

Some updates on Terminator: Genesis:

- To be released on July 1, 2015 by Paramount Pictures.

- Annapurna Pictures has pulled out of this project, leaving Skydance Productions as the sole production company.

- Alan Taylor (Thor: The Dark World) has signed on as director.

- Screenplay by Patrick Lussier (Drive Angry) and Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar, Shutter Island).

- Cast is as follows:

*Arnold Schwarzenegger, of course

*Emilia Clarke (Daenerys Tagaryen in Game of Thrones) as Sarah Connor

*Jason Clarke (Dan in Zero Dark Thirty, Malcolm in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes) as John Connor

*Jai Courtney (Jack McClane in A Good Day to Die Hard, Eric in Divergent) as Kyle Reese

*Dayo Okeniyi (Thresh in The Hunger Games) as Danny Dyson

*Lee Byung-hun (Storm Shadow in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and G.I. Joe: Retaliation) as T-1000

*J. K. Simmons (Dr. Skoda in Law & Order, J. Jonah Jameson in the Spider-Man trilogy)

*Michael Gladis (Paul Kinsey in Mad Men)

*Sandrine Holt (Terri in Resident Evil: Apocalypse and Resident Evil: Retribution)

Edited by areaseven

I...............I dunno. I mean, looking at a lot of low B names imo. Arnold is the only big name on the bill and let's be honest...it's not like he's been putting out much of great hits since his return. So I really just don't know.

Anything is better then having a movie where the fate of the human race.., is to kill a guy with a endoskeleton, to save Jon "the douche" Connor, because "he says so".

That ending was like a big "FU" to anyone who have a crap about the story.

That's like having a working tank, and a pinto with a bad motor, and your boss says "take the engine out of the tank, and out it in the Pinto, our lives are at stake!"