Official Bandai 1/100 VF HI-METAL VF-19S/F

lechuck

Indeed, with the VF-19 Kai already exceeding my expectations of a 1/100 VF-19, the VF-19S looks to be a get for me as well. One can only hope that landing gear is included (doesn't look like it) and the gunpod is attachable.

Really nice touch with the leg missiles. Now I can't wait for more production pictures of the H-M YF-21! (^o^)

That's awesome news. I held out on getting a Kai due to the McDonalds-factor discussed in the other thread, but I'm definitely not passing on this one. Also, who here thinks that in the spirit of brinkmanship we'll see a Yamato 1/60 VF-19S announcement in a few days ? :D

ZEE OH EM GEE

Wow. That looks fantastic. Love the tweaked wing design.

Wasn't going to get this line, but may pick this and the Kai as well if I decide I can't wait for the Yamato 1/60 offering.

Hopefully see some pics of the Yammie soon...

Great time to be an M7 fan to say the least.

I held out on getting a Kai due to the McDonalds-factor discussed in the other thread...

Doesn't this color-scheme make you think of Wal-Mart? :p:)

This will compliment the Kai nicely. I wonder what the Tamashii web exclusive for the Blazer will be?

Not gonna bet on it holding the gunpod in fighter, since the arm design doesn't look changed at all from what is seen (hopefully I'm wrong). They did change the shield design, and the surrounding area to work with the head lasers though.

Agree about the yellow stripes and the shade of blue though, if they don't fix that it'll be rather disappointing.

I got the Fire Valk because I saw it on sale.. if that happens again, I might spring for one of these as well, but I'm probably going to hold out for a Yamato one.

Also.. I didn't notice this before, but what's with the screwballed upper intakes above the hips? They look like they stretch the full length of the hip plate, rather than just the small triangle-ended strip on the lineart. Seems the Kai has this too, but I never noticed it till now.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm guessing it's going to be the fast packs.

Someone refresh my memory, was the VF-19 ever shown with fold booster in M7?

Nope, i think it was only the VF-17 and VF-22 that used it.

Though if the YF-19 can use it im sure the VF-19 can too.

I hope its not the final version as its missing some yellow stripes on the wings and the spacy logo.

Haven't noticed it before but does the VF-19S use the same gunpod as the YF-19 ?

A picture says more than a thousand words...

Looks great, love the new pop out missile leg bay.

So am I the only one that's pissed that they redesigned the legs to give it missile bay's but it STILL doesn't have landing gear?

I thought that too, but if you look they're both standing on the first arrow on the floor markings... it's a combination of animation scale inaccuracy, quickie perspective and basic on screen aesthetics. Like I always say, thats why the Zentran foot soldiers and regult pilots are the same size as the VF-1s on screen when they're suppose to be half the size.

I thought that too, but if you look they're both standing on the first arrow on the floor markings... it's a combination of animation scale inaccuracy, quickie perspective and basic on screen aesthetics. Like I always say, thats why the Zentran foot soldiers and regult pilots are the same size as the VF-1s on screen when they're suppose to be half the size.

But the feet are farther forward of the line on the VF-17.

But the feet are farther forward of the line on the VF-17.

like David says... there's no denying that the nightmare is closer to the camera but a lot of it is drawn to aesthetics than scale as always the case in these mech shows, either that or the perspective of the BG painting is way off, they either have to bring the camera down to floor level or lower the VF-17 in the frame.