Official Bandai 1/100 VF HI-METAL VF-19S/F

lechuck

Glad I finally got somewhat of an answer to what I've been freaking asking for days now and was ignored. :rolleyes: Thank you Graham for bringing up the gear and stand....at least you can get these guys to ansewr a freaking question. :ph34r:

Chris

IIRC the latest Figure Oh mentions that landing gear, fists and the stand will be included with the 19S.

One other thing is that the missiles are separate pieces that you attach to the inside of the leg cover: in other words, they do not actually physically store inside the leg. You need to take them off, then replace the cover onto the leg.

That's awesome except for the missles not being able to be stored within the leg.

Glad I finally got somewhat of an answer to what I've been freaking asking for days now and was ignored. :rolleyes: Thank you Graham for bringing up the gear and stand....at least you can get these guys to ansewr a freaking question. :ph34r:

Chris

Regarding the stand, I had answered your question two posts before you even asked it. If anything, I was the one ignored... :rolleyes:

As for the missiles, I just remembered the deal with them so I added the info on that.

Actually it WAS your post that made me ask the question. Too many times we see pictures that show a display stand displayed with the toy, or someone makes an assumtion that it will,and then the stand is not included. Just because it is shown in the pictures means nothing, which is why I asked the question and again later on wondering if the text below the pictures stated if a stand is included, especially because they showed a couple different stands in the pictures. You never mentioned before that you read it in a mag. you just said it even comes with a stand. after pictures were shown of it on a couple diferent stands (see reason above). Again, shouldn't be so hard for someone to answer, and evidently wasn't when the write person asks or makes a statement on such :rolleyes:

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Actually it WAS your post that made me ask the question. Too many times we see pictures that show a display stand displayed with the toy, or someone makes an assumtion that it will,and then the stand is not included. Just because it is shown in the pictures means nothing, which is why I asked the question and again later on wondering if the text below the pictures stated if a stand is included, especially because they showed a couple different stands in the pictures. You never mentioned before that you read it in a mag. you just said it even comes with a stand. after pictures were shown of it on a couple diferent stands (see reason above). Again, shouldn't be so hard for someone to answer, and evidently wasn't when the write person asks or makes a statement on such :rolleyes:

Chris

I think Renato was the only one who knew for sure. The page on Tamashii's site makes no mention of the inclusion of the stand but the magazine Renato read, did.

Thanks Shin. I'm over it now, it just bugged me at the time, not anyone in particular, I just didn't see any proof of it comming with the stand besides Renato's statment. Should've just asked more directly, just thought someone would've answered if they new and I didn't want to come off argumentative...which is funny because that's exactly how I was later! LOL :wacko:

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody got the firm release date for this. I'm guessing 25th July?

Definitely buying 2, one to keep in fighter mode, the other 2 keep in battroid.

Hope we get news about the VF-19F soon as well. I want to complete Emerald Force.

Graham

So, is there a clear confirmation yet whether the gunpod can be attached to the underside of toy in fighter mode? The Cybergundam website picture shows a little bit of something stuck below the fuselage in fighter mode... But that's shown with the action base. Action base usually employs a special clip to display an attachment, like Bandai 1/72 Macross F model kits. But looking at the smooth underside of VF-19Kai, I don't think there's a place for a clip to be put there. So most likely the Blazer Valk just "sits" on top of the action base roots?

Like Graham I'm planning to buy two of these... But I just want to make sure first with the gunpod attachment.

The fighter definitely, just sits on top of the landing gear. The landing gear plug into the display base. So basically, it's a sort of cradle arrangement.

Unfortunately, I've seen no news or pics indicating the gunpod can attach in fighter mode. Bandai may pull a last minute surprize, but I kind of doubt it.

Graham

Anybody got the firm release date for this. I'm guessing 25th July?

Definitely buying 2, one to keep in fighter mode, the other 2 keep in battroid.

Hope we get news about the VF-19F soon as well. I want to complete Emerald Force.

Graham

Tamashii site says July 17. And it means July 15 or 16 in Hong Kong!

The fighter definitely, just sits on top of the landing gear. The landing gear plug into the display base. So basically, it's a sort of cradle arrangement.

Unfortunately, I've seen no news or pics indicating the gunpod can attach in fighter mode. Bandai may pull a last minute surprize, but I kind of doubt it.

Graham

Hmmm... I think I'll order 1 first just to be sure and get another when I'm satisfied. Bandai already surprised us with the leg missile bays. The leg mold definitely needed to be retooled to allow it to be partially removed like that. So why stop there? Here's hoping Bandai insert magnets on the gunpod and on the arms so we can have it attached to the fighter mode without awkward looking attachments.

Here's hoping Bandai insert magnets on the gunpod and on the arms so we can have it attached to the fighter mode without awkward looking attachments.

Unfortunately, due to the angle and positioning of the arms on the Bandai toy, that wouldn't really work. You would need some sort of extended connector, like on the VF-25DX toys.

Graham

Started checking shops daily already. Very excited about this.

Blazer rocks!

Graham

A typhoon may hit Hong Kong this weekend. Hope it won't affect the release date!

Edited by Ivan

A typhoon may hit Hong Kong this weekend. Hope it won't affect the release date!

Naughty Ivan! Don't say such things. Now go and stand in the corner until I say you can come out.

Hopefully, they would be shipping by truck from the factory in Southern China, so unless the typhoon signal goes up to No.8 or higher, the delivery won't be affected.

Anyway, as we often get Bandai stuff a day or two before Japan, I'm hoping they might start showing up in shops as early as tomorrow.

Graham

Tomorrow?? I thought they were not being released until late August!

EDIT -- Sorry, I'm being stupid. I got confused with the VF-19kai soundbooster.

Official release date in Japan is 17th July, according to the www.tamashii.jp site.

Grahm

Really excited for this. It's my first bandai Hi-metal. :D

Supprised we haven't seen more about the YF-21 though, it's been months since we saw the prototype.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Yikes, I love my new hi-metal VF-1J but I could never put one of these ugly guys on my shelf, the faces are far too power-rangerish for me to even consider.

How can you not like the VF-19S's head, it's one of the nicest looking that Kawamori has ever designed IMO.

Graham

post-11-127924663106_thumb.jpg

How can you not like the VF-19S's head, it's one of the nicest looking that Kawamori has ever designed IMO.

Graham

true dat

also the picture makes me wonder

do the vf-19f and vf-19s type also have eyes underneath the visor like the yf-19?

that was a nice touch for bridging the yf-19 and the fire valkyrie

true dat

also the picture makes me wonder

do the vf-19f and vf-19s type also have eyes underneath the visor like the yf-19?

that was a nice touch for bridging the yf-19 and the fire valkyrie

I wouldn't say they have 'eyes', rather a multitude of different types of cameras and sensors - high-defintion daylight camera, thermal maging camera, Image intensification etc.

Graham

Nice box! I really like the head illustration. Poor Docker, though, he's not distinctive/recognisable enough to be part of the box art.

By the way, anyone in Tokyo right now can view a sample of the actual toy on display at the limited Macross Shop in Akihabara, which is in the information centre of the UDX Plaza. B))