Official Bandai 1/100 VF HI-METAL VF-19S/F

lechuck

Have you held one? I find the engineering and finish to be on par with Yamato's latest offerings.

Size and metal content opinions aside, it's a remarkably well made and impressive little toy.

Im with you, I was hating on the Hi-metal 19, after handling it I found the transformation to be just as fun as the 11B.

Have you held one? I find the engineering and finish to be on par with Yamato's latest offerings.

Size and metal content opinions aside, it's a remarkably well made and impressive little toy.

Yes, I have one.

A part-former doesn't bug me; but filling the leg holes with small parts does.

Along with different red shades... I am not really excited about the toy.

Personally I like the Yamato YF-19 better (it's not perfect either, but it's fine for me); just personal preference.

• 1 month later...

I want to say it looks more like the Live of Legends Mylene than the CMs one but I can't tell. Is Bandai or someone soliciting a new Mylene?

http://www.toy-world...&extra=page%3D1

EDIT: oops looks like more half age girls lol

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/4621244372_8d3b542de9.jpg

Edited by bluemax151

• 2 weeks later...

I searched, but I can't find the actual Hi-Metal Fire Valk thread. Never mind, I'll just put this here.

I was browsing through the new issue of Figure Oh. It seems that the add-on pack and Sound Booster have been delayed another month, making them July and August releases respectively. It's a case of "You've waited 15 years, what's the bloody difference?" Very nice of Bandai.

In the meantime, I've concocted a makeshift stand from "whatever was lying around".

EDIT -- What the hell?? The Fire Valk thread was on the first page?? This search feature is even worse than the old board. Yeah, so are my eyes, but that's a given.

post-1318-127536043945_thumb.jpg

Edited by Renato

• 2 weeks later...

It's got fists and wheels!!! Bandai is sooooooo generous to us!!

I don't know. I may be waiting for the Yamato offering instead... I like my 1/60 collection better.

Or unless Graham has something to hint otherwise...

Out of curiosity, why do so many Macross Collectors say things like "I like my 1/60, so I will skip (so and so)". Is it not possible to buy and appreciate both? One for play one for display (or even to hold you over till the 1/60 gets released)? (^.^;) Even if you take funding into consideration, I doubt that the Hi-METAL line will put a huge dent in our pockets.

Out of curiosity, why do so many Macross Collectors say things like "I like my 1/60, so I will skip (so and so)". Is it not possible to buy and appreciate both? One for play one for display (or even to hold you over till the 1/60 gets released)? (^.^;) Even if you take funding into consideration, I doubt that the Hi-METAL line will put a huge dent in our pockets.

Blame the naturally adversarial nature of the human mind. Coke VS Pepsi, etc. :p

Personally I like the wide variety we have and will happily sample from Bandai and Yamato both (as well as the 17 other companies who make valk toys).

The blazer is looking fine indeed. I'll grab one eventually, but since I already have the fire valk this blazer version is on low-priority status.

The money issue is a very real concern, imo. If you're a scale person, these don't fit with the 1/60 and cost roughly $75 before shipping to the US (so add another $30 at least usually)...so you end up spending $100+ on it. When the 1/60 Kai comes out, if we assume it's close to the original price for the Double Nuts, that's roughly have the price.

If it's your thing, sure, but I'll probably not be spending 1.5x the price for two of the same thing in different scales, one of which fits with every other Macross toy I have and the other does not.

As always it's personal preference, but i think a lot of people have very good reasons (funding not the least) for passing on things like this.

Edited by hutch

Have to agree there. The only reason I picked up a Fire Valk was because it was on sale, and I was already grabbing a fairly large order, so the small box wouldn't add much to the shipping cost.

When I look at my V2 1/60 VF-1s and realize that I got most of them for around $70 before shipping (I almost always wait for sales, I think the only V2 VF-1s I bought at full price were my M&Ms), I have a hard time paying the same for something so small.

That being said, if I see this on sale, and/or it's convenient to add it to a larger order, I probably will grab one.

Have to admit, I've never been a fan of the stylings of the various valks in M7. M7 is the only Macross I know of where the aircraft really didn't look or behave like aircraft. For a perfect example, compare scenes of the YF-21 in Macross Plus to scenes of the VF-22 in M7. It's the same difference between the VF-17 and VF-171. The little details that add realism, markings, panel lines, etc.. I don't remember a single M7 valk having intake warnings or ejection seat/pod markings printed on them. Those little things make a big difference

Now, if I could get a VF-19 styled like the ones in the new Master File book, I'd be all over a full squadron of them. But the cartoony super-robot styling of M7 is so prevalent, you just don't get the same feeling of realism from the aircraft as you do in other Macross series.

Edited by Chronocidal

Now, if I could get a VF-19 styled like the ones in the new Master File book, I'd be all over a full squadron of them. But the cartoony super-robot styling of M7 is so prevalent, you just don't get the same feeling of realism from the aircraft as you do in other Macross series.

tan robots are more realistic than blue robots

So does this come with a stand or not....I know the Kai didn't, but some have said above that it will. I've looked back through the thread and don't see it mentioned anwhere else. Did the text in the above link, that has the new pictures with the stands, say it includes the stand or is it going to be another exclusive?

Chris

*Yawn*

I'm gonna wait for the "F" variant myself, all those head laser turrets sticking out the back of the "S" model in fighter mode looks ridiculous to me, but that's just my opinion. I really can't wait for the YF-19 and the VF-19A models in the model 19 line, those happen to be my favorites. It would be nice to see other color schemes in the VF-19A line too, but I won't hold my breath.

-Kyp

*Yawn*

I'm gonna wait for the "F" variant myself, all those head laser turrets sticking out the back of the "S" model in fighter mode looks ridiculous to me, but that's just my opinion. I really can't wait for the YF-19 and the VF-19A models in the model 19 line, those happen to be my favorites. It would be nice to see other color schemes in the VF-19A line too, but I won't hold my breath.

-Kyp

My gut feeling is that the VF-19F will be a Tamashii web exclusive.

tan robots are more realistic than blue robots

Lol.. well, planes do get dirty, even in space. tongue.gif

Mainly I mean I like the details seen in other series better, but I admit colors are a factor.

I mean... Yes, it looks fancy. But why on earth would a real aircraft have gold chrome intake covers? Or barring chrome , even yellow? Every other valk in every other series has some shade of gray for those intake covers. They looked mechanical. Even being solid blue, Max's VF-1J still had the usual markings, intake warnings, ejection seat symbols, formation lights... and details that looked like something on an aircraft.

Bright gold plated panels are just not a feature you see very often on military aircraft.

Anyway, yeah, I'm just picky ^_^ Been scarred by too much gold chrome plating in that other robot show.

Edited by Chronocidal

I mean... Yes, it looks fancy. But why on earth would a real aircraft have gold chrome intake covers? Or barring chrome , even yellow? Every other valk in every other series has some shade of gray for those intake covers. They looked mechanical. Even being solid blue, Max's VF-1J still had the usual markings, intake warnings, ejection seat symbols, formation lights... and details that looked like something on an aircraft.

The thing is, when max had his -1J he was just a regular pilot, he didn't have the authority to do extras like metal flake paint and gold intake covers. If he could have, he totally would have rocked such things, as evidenced by Macross 7.

Max is a stylish man, he wants his pilots looking good when they go out to fight space aliens. :p

The thing is, when max had his -1J he was just a regular pilot, he didn't have the authority to do extras like metal flake paint and gold intake covers. If he could have, he totally would have rocked such things, as evidenced by Macross 7.

Max is a stylish man, he wants his pilots looking good when they go out to fight space aliens. :p

Image is everything! :lol:

Even being solid blue, Max's VF-1J still had the usual markings, intake warnings, ejection seat symbols, formation lights... and details that looked like something on an aircraft.

ok find me a screencap where the VF-1J has all those markings

yeah i thought so

Bright gold plated panels are just not a feature you see very often on military aircraft.

post-1819-127643276696_thumb.png

Graham said that the Yamato VF-19 Kai will favor the battroid mode so the fighter mode might be a bit chunky considering the nature of the design. I really like the Bandai VF-19S but I prefer 1/60 scale. If Yamato can make their 1/60 like Bandai's then that would be cool.

That would totally blow. :(

-Kyp

My reasoning is that the 19S is more popular, whereas the 19F's are flown by Docker's lackies. Docker not only has the more popular model but his 19 the S style head reminiscent of the VF-1S, which irregardless of which VF is typically popular with the masses.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

From the latest pictures, I ge the impression that the VF-19S will come with the fighter mode display base and landing gear.

I also think the VF-19F is likely to be a Tamashii website exclusive :(

Probably the FAST packs will be as well. :(

So looking forward to this. I f I like a toy or mecha, I have no problem buying smaller scale.

Graham

From the latest pictures, I ge the impression that the VF-19S will come with the fighter mode display base and landing gear.

Graham

I hope so, it justifies the cost. The sad thing is, the Tamashii page for the 19S, last time I read it on Friday, made no mention of the landing gear and stand being included. Even sadder is that it appears that the landing gear do not exactly attach; the 19S looks like it just rests on the gear like on the Fire Valkyrie stand.

I'm crossing my fingers and hope that the stand/gear come with the 19S, and that the gears actually attach via magnets but I doubt it. So far, there are no attachment points shown on the 19S in the official imagery. I would still buy it since the 19S is one of my fav valk designs, but this is disappointing. It's weird though. The 1/100 plamo was able to have retractable landing gear which quite possibly did not interfere with articulation at all for the major joints. Wish that was done here.

IIRC the latest Figure Oh mentions that landing gear, fists and the stand will be included with the 19S.

One other thing is that the missiles are separate pieces that you attach to the inside of the leg cover: in other words, they do not actually physically store inside the leg. You need to take them off, then replace the cover onto the leg.

Edited by Renato