Prometheus - on Blu-Ray and DVD Oct. 9, 2012

"What does god need with a starship?"is one of the best lines ever, and totally validates V's existence.

It *WOULD* have been a good line if Shatner had not destroyed the delivery so badly. The key to getting a good performance out of Shatner is making him say a line so many times he stops overacting... (Star Trek 2 director, on how he got Shatner to correctly say "Here it comes")

It *WOULD* have been a good line if Shatner had not destroyed the delivery so badly. The key to getting a good performance out of Shatner is making him say a line so many times he stops overacting... (Star Trek 2 director, on how he got Shatner to correctly say "Here it comes")

Shatner was the director for V so that was never going to happen. Even still, he may not have said it quite right, but it was a good line and I feel that movie gets panned more then it should.

I looks like there are Xenomorphs in Prometheus, at least hints to them

Considering the movie takes place in the same universe and involves the Jockey's who carried the Alien's in the first film it would seem impossible to not have them be a part of it in some capacity.

Edited by Mommar

I would so LOL if in this 'Aliens' movie someone grabs a guitar and yells "Listen to my song!" and starts singing to the aliens. :p

And then is sprayed with acid, melts away just leaving a quivering puddle

Please, lets keep the Macross cancer out of this thread. :p
Please, lets keep the Macross cancer out of this thread. :p

i'm sorry, it's just that that peace-loving, tree hugging, hippie communist fairy just brings out the worst in me. He's right up there with those terrorists from Greenpeace.

Anyway, back on topic, I thought this movie wasn't going to have anything to do with the zenomorphs, except for the fact that they exist in the same universe? I was really hoping that I wouldn't see any...it would totally ruin it for me if in the very last scene, they showed a xenomorph.........or Basara winning the war, one tune at a time, haha! Sorry, couldn't resist.

I really like the thought of this movie standing on it's own, with it's own story, wholly apart from the Alien series. Yeah, it's all the same universe, but I was hoping it's had a strong enough story that it could stand on it's own without having to tie it too closely to the Alien series.

As far as Scott and Lindelof have said, it is a stand-alone film. In Lindelof's words, Alien is not the sequel to Prometheus. Their emphasis has been that by the end you will know how the events of Alien were started, but a sequel to Prometheus would follow a completely different path. Whether that means we see an actual Giger critter, some sort of prototype version of it, or just get some clues and the general idea, we don't know.

As far as Scott and Lindelof have said, it is a stand-alone film. In Lindelof's words, Alien is not the sequel to Prometheus. Their emphasis has been that by the end you will know how the events of Alien were started, but a sequel to Prometheus would follow a completely different path. Whether that means we see an actual Giger critter, some sort of prototype version of it, or just get some clues and the general idea, we don't know.

Someone posted this image earlier:

21jra10.jpg

Screen shot and that looks pretty Gigerish...

Absolutely Gigerish (Gigeresque?). So far our evidence amonts to one relief image on a wall in one scene, with no context about where it appears in the film. I would fit that into the category of a clue or a hint. There's also a possible clue in a scene that has a character seemingly grabbing at the front of a space helmet with smoke rising from it (maybe acid?). So far, I think all we got are clues.

By "see an actual Giger critter" I meant a chestbursting space jockey, or a facehugger, or some other "living" creature.

By "see an actual Giger critter" I meant a chestbursting space jockey, or a facehugger, or some other "living" creature.

The Alien bits we see in the latest trailer seem to be more of a fishy/wormy nature so far (watch the autodoc scene). But then there's also the infant space jockey and the "engineer"/Voldemort in a Giger rubber suit.

The Alien bits we see in the latest trailer seem to be more of a fishy/wormy nature so far (watch the autodoc scene). But then there's also the infant space jockey and the "engineer"/Voldemort in a Giger rubber suit.

Yeah. It's cool. They're keeping it all really close to the chest. We have no idea what those beasties are, or if they'll tie into the origin of the Alien.

It's safe to say, at this point, Prometheus is something I'm looking more forward to than Avengers or Dark Knight Rises.

The greedy corporate person typically makes it 3/4 of the movie,and is usually killed in the last third of the film. After they've double crossed and complained their way to the end. The token minority, is usually killed by giving their life/hopelessly fighting off the monster/baddies so their caucasian costars can get away.

The greedy corporate person typically makes it 3/4 of the movie,and is usually killed in the last third of the film. After they've double crossed and complained their way to the end. The token minority, is usually killed by giving their life/hopelessly fighting off the monster/baddies so their caucasian costars can get away.

Good point on the greedy corporate person, but there are always exceptions like in jurrasic park (not counting the unamed park worker at the beginning) where the greedy corporate lawyer was the first to die.

Maybe we should do a list of the crewmembers of the ship and pick which order they die if at all.

can you guys get screen shots of some of the battles? like the one i mentioned months ago, suggesting that the one guy about to DFA another wasnt human? exposure to alien stuff not unlike that Apollo 18 movie last year?

Comparison between Alien and Prometheus might not be vald.

" Looks like it's been dead a long time. Fossilized. Looks like it's growing out of the chair."

- Dallas (Tom Skerritt), Alien

Then again, maybe Dallas was just wrong.