Prometheus - on Blu-Ray and DVD Oct. 9, 2012

• 2 weeks later...

One of the actors was on the radio the other day and they asked him about the film and he said that Ridley had sent him an email saying what he couldn't talk about, He said he didn't read the email so he wouldn't talk about it in case he suffered the wrath of Ridley.

They did recap on everything that was already public about it I was still skeptical, so it was nice to see a trailer that shows it may be worth the cost of a ticket.

LOL! Trailers for trailers. Now I've seen it all (or haven't, as the case may be) Errr.....?!?!

But yes, I'm gonna wait until the full trailer comes out.

Graham

Just saw the full trailer as of 2:50 A.M. in Tampa, FL. It's looks and sounds great!!! Forget Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, and any other Alien film, Prometheus looks like it's going to TOTALLY ROCK!!! ;)

Ok. So now we can speculate even more.

The mission to this planet is due to symbols found in the archaeology of different Earth civilisations.

They mistakenly believe that these symbols are an invitation but in reality would appear to have a more malevolent purpose.

They discover an alien "base" on the planet. (probably where the giant head is located)

The base contains the space jockey's ship.

The Space Jockeys ship takes off, tries to go to Earth, is rammed by the Prometheus and crash lands. (Anybody disagree with that?)

So, proper speculation. I think that this will essentially be "The Quatermass Conclusion", with aliens sowing the seeds of humanity on another world, then coming back to "harvest" when our population reaches a large size. In this case, I think that the "harvest" was meant to be earth seeded with Xenomorph eggs to create some sort army under the control of the space jockey's race.

I still think that we are going to see a proper Xenomorph in this, due to the fact that a chestburster has clearly gotten to him before the first Alien film. Fighting this first alien will probably be the climax of the film.

After that, I think that Ridley will do his own sequel to the original "alien" that will continue this timeline of events, ignoring Jim Cameron's "Aliens".

Interesting ideas. I'm gonna wrap this in spoilers, in case someone doesn't even want to see idle speculation in case we guess right. :D

If I may, maybe tweak it a bit to bring in something about the "Prometheus" myth... the whole thing about stealing fire from the gods. Plus, Charlize Theron, playing a corporate type, has said she is something of an antagonist. So, maybe they were right and it was an invitation from those who seeded life on Earth, but once the crew of the Prometheus gets there, greedy corporate types try to steal some of the "gods" secrets, get caught, and the space jockey ship is on its way to Earth as punishment for our transgression - enough xenomorphs to wipe us all out. Then, as you noted, Prometheus takes extreme measures to stop them, resulting in the crash on LV 426.

I hope, if there are sequels, Ridley takes them in his own direction and leaves the whole Alien franchise as it is, warts and all.

In restrospect, the whole "ripped open chest" has a certain parallel with Prmetheus getting his liver ripped out daily. Wouldn't be surprised if that occurred to Ridley and Damon either.

Edited by Penguin

Ok. So now we can speculate even more.

The mission to this planet is due to symbols found in the archaeology of different Earth civilisations.

They mistakenly believe that these symbols are an invitation but in reality would appear to have a more malevolent purpose.

They discover an alien "base" on the planet. (probably where the giant head is located)

The base contains the space jockey's ship.

The Space Jockeys ship takes off, tries to go to Earth, is rammed by the Prometheus and crash lands. (Anybody disagree with that?)

So, proper speculation. I think that this will essentially be "The Quatermass Conclusion", with aliens sowing the seeds of humanity on another world, then coming back to "harvest" when our population reaches a large size. In this case, I think that the "harvest" was meant to be earth seeded with Xenomorph eggs to create some sort army under the control of the space jockey's race.

I still think that we are going to see a proper Xenomorph in this, due to the fact that a chestburster has clearly gotten to him before the first Alien film. Fighting this first alien will probably be the climax of the film.

After that, I think that Ridley will do his own sequel to the original "alien" that will continue this timeline of events, ignoring Jim Cameron's "Aliens".

i disagree on ignoring 'what happened' after, rather i think you should think in terms of 'meanwhile, back in Mayberry...'

think about it.

The corporations that come to exist in the Zenomorph universe basically by the events of the Predator-line of films, their knowledge only glimpsed at because if you assume the times that each film was made, is the basis of the level of survelance available at the time. Little things into big things, as you will. The first clue: a low yield nuke in the jungles of Guatamala. Maybe any information that Arn, err Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer gives out at his Debrief. Certainly it will be classified so that only those with power will know?

The events of P2, taken with a grain of salt and thick glasses, provide much more information to the Predators. Add the AvP chain, and you have folks with power, with several items of Predatech: The Firearm, Speartip, the mini-Nuke and nut-shot: Predator DNA from the forearm (i cant remember if Danny Glover damaged the device or decapatated the forearm). Lots of stuff for those with Power to do evil deeds... They would know far less about the zenomorphs, enough to perhaps confuse the relationship between the two foes. (obviously the limits of knowledge are based on what the survivors of each film talks about, gag orders, witness protection, Silencing etc)

My querry is when they discover those 7 discs that hint of the Space Jockies. Are the folks in Power thinking of the Space Jockies as Star Trek Perservers (pretty lame as an excuse for all of Trek's humanoid races)? Do they realize how many foes there are, in total.

I had to wiki "The Quatermass Conclusion" but that makes perfect sence. Space Jockies with their own army of genetically created Giant-Sized human......er, Zenomorphs of various types based on existing terran breeds. And what you gonna do with that Army?

obviously open a can-of-whoop-ass on someone (The Predators? another protagonist? does it matter? maybe Ridley is gonna steal a page from Lucas and create his Clone Army? Maximum Derp!) Those 7 plates were bread crumbs for us to go to the space jockies and say 'Dinner is Served. Why you laughing? Am i Funny or something? Do i amuse yu~ERK.'

regardless if he just takes an idea steals another idea from Star Trek and JJ-Verse the next movie, im still gonna have a large erection with this movie :D

Edited by TehPW

My theory on the trailer:

Space Jockey is like a combination of Lordgenome & the Anti-Spirals. He's the last survivor of an alien race, has the technology to create life, and then deems it worthy or not, and if not sicks his army on them. Earth takes out the Space Jockey by the end, and sends the ship in Alien to go pick up the scraps for study.

Edited by Keith

My take on it:

Maybe the bread crumbs the Space Jockey race left behind on Earth are not related to seeding intelligent life on planets in order to breed armies (shades of Guyver), but more of an cultural contamination caused by their visiting Earth in the distant past (like a Chariots of the Gods scenario) and leaving behind a riddle as a test. In this take, the clues humans discover from the archeological evidence are really a test of intelligence to determine if humanity has matured to the point that they are smart enough to decode the invitation and travel to a predetermined meeting location beyond the Sol system... and any race smart enough to solve the puzzle and make the journey to them has automatically pegged themselves as a threat that must be neutralized; thus why the Space Jockey's ship takes off to go to Earth to carry out it's mission to eliminate any upstart species that could possibly pose danger, and why the crew of the Prometheus seem so upset at the prospect of the alien ship leaving for Earth... and why they must stop it.

i disagree on ignoring 'what happened' after, rather i think you should think in terms of 'meanwhile, back in Mayberry...'

think about it.

The corporations that come to exist in the Zenomorph universe basically by the events of the Predator-line of films, their knowledge only glimpsed at because if you assume the times that each film was made, is the basis of the level of survelance available at the time. Little things into big things, as you will. The first clue: a low yield nuke in the jungles of Guatamala. Maybe any information that Arn, err Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer gives out at his Debrief. Certainly it will be classified so that only those with power will know?

The events of P2, taken with a grain of salt and thick glasses, provide much more information to the Predators. Add the AvP chain, and you have folks with power, with several items of Predatech: The Firearm, Speartip, the mini-Nuke and nut-shot: Predator DNA from the forearm (i cant remember if Danny Glover damaged the device or decapatated the forearm). Lots of stuff for those with Power to do evil deeds... They would know far less about the zenomorphs, enough to perhaps confuse the relationship between the two foes. (obviously the limits of knowledge are based on what the survivors of each film talks about, gag orders, witness protection, Silencing etc)

My querry is when they discover those 7 discs that hint of the Space Jockies. Are the folks in Power thinking of the Space Jockies as Star Trek Perservers (pretty lame as an excuse for all of Trek's humanoid races)? Do they realize how many foes there are, in total.

I had to wiki "The Quatermass Conclusion" but that makes perfect sence. Space Jockies with their own army of genetically created Giant-Sized human......er, Zenomorphs of various types based on existing terran breeds. And what you gonna do with that Army?

obviously open a can-of-whoop-ass on someone (The Predators? another protagonist? does it matter? maybe Ridley is gonna steal a page from Lucas and create his Clone Army? Maximum Derp!) Those 7 plates were bread crumbs for us to go to the space jockies and say 'Dinner is Served. Why you laughing? Am i Funny or something? Do i amuse yu~ERK.'

regardless if he just takes an idea steals another idea from Star Trek and JJ-Verse the next movie, im still gonna have a large erection with this movie :D

Based on the simple fact Ridley hates the Predator franchise and thinks there should have been zero cross-over I think all speculation based on anyhting that happened in a Predator movie should cease. They were fun what-if comic books and video games but that's it. There's no cannon and no fitting into the Alien films proper at all.

Based on the simple fact Ridley hates the Predator franchise and thinks there should have been zero cross-over I think all speculation based on anyhting that happened in a Predator movie should cease. They were fun what-if comic books and video games but that's it. There's no cannon and no fitting into the Alien films proper at all.

he can hate what ever he wants (his right) but as long as he doesnt totally invalidate anything after, then i could care less about his views. LOL.... though for every good fanchise, you gotta have your Star Trek V....

also, until Ridley has his Gene Roddenbury moment, there's nothing to prevent any cannonisation of the one or other IP's in question. I mean, he can't. Ridley can claim the origonal, blah, blah... but until someone actually prints a book of church of Ripley, *shrug* anything can or could happen. even Predator: My little Ponies...

Edited by TehPW

The international trailer for Prometheus is out. It adds new sceens and new dialogue. Also, Prometheus-movie.com has uploaded a "supposed" leaked script. I've read it and while I don't believe this is the final script, there are parts of it which seems to match the trailer. I know how people are about spoilers so if you want to see it go over to www. prometheus-movie.com and see it for yourself, BUT BE FOREWARNED THERE ARE SEVERAL SPOILERS IN THAT SCRIPT THAT MIGHT RUIN THE SUPRISE THAT PROMETHEUS IS NOT A PREQUEL BUT A SEQUEL TO ALIEN!!! Just kidding! :D

Go see for yourself!

"What does god need with a starship?"is one of the best lines ever, and totally validates V's existence.

I love that one as well. In the same scene I also like "Your pain runs deep share it with me". Tupac used it as sample in one of his songs.

he can hate what ever he wants (his right) but as long as he doesnt totally invalidate anything after, then i could care less about his views. LOL.... though for every good fanchise, you gotta have your Star Trek V....

also, until Ridley has his Gene Roddenbury moment, there's nothing to prevent any cannonisation of the one or other IP's in question. I mean, he can't. Ridley can claim the origonal, blah, blah... but until someone actually prints a book of church of Ripley, *shrug* anything can or could happen. even Predator: My little Ponies...

I'd like to see Predators versus Care Bears.