Possible 'Detail-Up' V2 VF-1 from Yamato

Graham

I would honestly like all of the list and teh ideas that everyone has come up with. With one or two additions.

1: A carry case for way 4+ valks. Moving house can be a pain. And the slight chance of breaking them is a pain, and it would be helpfully as a storage place for the all the other optional gear that isn't used after putting the 1:60's or 1:48's on display. At the moment I am using a tuperware container.

2: and with the no paint-kit all the head types and more option decals.

be cool to see what happens in the end.

my 2 cents worth anway

I doubt I would rebuy any that I currently own but I'd get upgrade parts.

Honestly, I'm more interested in weapons packs and accessories than in detail upgrades though. I'm really not terribly interested in all in stuff like flaps and hatches. Yamato's molds are just too poor for high tolerance parts like that, imo.

Add on's are fine. Ground crews and ground vehicles are great! Water slide decals-great! PLEASE don't get Yamato thinking we would RE-buy a ver2.56789 with all these little extras....for all the BITCHING that goes on around here about the price of Valkeries, some of you should realize adding ALL those features to newer releases would push the price close to or over $200 a pop.

That being said....WHERE ARE THE ENEMY MECHA!!!!!!!!???????? <_<<_<<_<

I doubt I would rebuy any that I currently own but I'd get upgrade parts.

Honestly, I'm more interested in weapons packs and accessories than in detail upgrades though. I'm really not terribly interested in all in stuff like flaps and hatches. Yamato's molds are just too poor for high tolerance parts like that, imo.

I'd rather they try the fancy stuff than not at all, where's the sense of adventure? They have alot more experience than the average modeller and

i have no chance to try something myself, so all the power to them to make the 1/60 highly intricate.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

1. Added mechanical detail behind the visor.

Would be nice

2. Improved cockpit interior detail, i.e. more detailed ejector seat, instrument panel etc.

Cockpit and pilots is one area where Yamato could really improve.

3. Better detailing on the pilot.

That would be fantastic if technically feasable.

4. More Tampo printing (obviously, this one could not be released as an add-on accessory).

IMO remove all stickers and do everything in tampo. Makes the valks keep their resale value more while looking their best on display.

my vote goes to:

- battroid side covers and neck cover (the one placed over the hole behind the head in battroid). Both are present in the GBP release but are a MUST HAVE

- standing pilot figures (both TV and MOVIE) would be nice

- spare sitting pilot figures (TV Roy comes to mind)

- blank common battroid heads (one for each type: 1S, 1J, 1Atv, 1Amovie, 1D)

Edited by nexxstrait

Makes the valks keep their resale value more while looking their best on display.

Resell value of a Yamato? WTF? See this?

at least I know that when this get released, the original v2.0 will be durt cheap

There is no resell value of Yamato toys until the company disappear.

1.Side Covers

2.Neck Covers

3.Scaled down fixed pose hands (the current ones look to big imo)

4.Water slide decals (all standard sets and some customs would be nice)

5.Retractable Pilot seats

6.1/48 type gun pod option (shoulder strap) I was thinking though they might be able to make it without using a metal ring, like 2 slits or small holes in the gun pod and the shoulder strap would have 2 connectors on the ends of the strap that contain the metal rings to mate with the gun pod maybe?

7.1/60 VF-0S Phoenix Reactive Armor (seems like a detail up to me)

8.Not really a detail up item but, I really need a 1/60 scale VF-0D

9.Also not a detail up item, but I also need some more enemy mecha and if they added to the destroid line I would be pretty happy :D

Edited by Loop

Hello,

1.) VF-1AG (Armored Gerwalk) kit

2.) VF-1SR

3.) Thunder Hammers

4.) Custom Decal Sets (Hasegawa Style) for use with the undecorated valkyrie

5.) Removable covers on the sides of the legs to show turbine engine detail

6.) Removable cover on the bottom of the fastback boosters, instead of only the top

7.) Removable nosecone assembly to show radar/electronics

8.) Small laser light/changeable batteries for Strike Cannon red targeting sensor

9.) More detailed cockpit, pilot, standing pilot/passenger figures

10.) Misc. diorama sets/ground crew/equip.

12.) Detailed launch arm which can be wall/shelf mounted

13.) Small hidden button to activate pre-recorded sounds similar to Yamato battleship/Tamiya 1/16 Tanks (Roy Focker's voice, turbine noise, etc.)

14.) Release something other than the VF-1 or Macross Plus valkyries (VF-2SS, etc.) ^_^

Sincerely,

Christopher B))

Lots of fun ideas here, even if some are impractical.

Things I'd be seriously interested in buying:

1. Part upgrade kits (new shoulders, updated style nose hatch.. this might get tricky since the replacement parts wouldn't be universal, and would need to be color coded for specific planes)

2. Spare heads of all types (unpainted, maybe unassembled)

3. Spare pilots or other figures (please make a female mold ^_^)

4. Extra weapons packs (doesn't necessarily have to be present day weapons, but maybe modifications of existing ones). Note, these would probably be universal, since as far as I can tell all weapon mounts since the 1/48 are compatible (dunno about the VF-0, but I'd assume they would be similar).

Things that would be fun/amusing, and I might pick up for the right price:

1. Side covers (I know this is a main want for many, but I can live without them)

2. Popped out seats for battroid mode

3. Lots of ground crew/equipment, especially boarding ladders, maybe some weapons carts

Things that would be awesome for the new VF-1 kit version

1. Photoetched detail set for the cockpit (instrument panel, controls, seat, etc)

2. Scaled up versions of the decal sheets from some of the Hasegawa custom variants (VERY preferably water slide, but I'd take stickers over nothing at all)

3. Spare heads (needs to be mentioned here too, releasing the kit with just one head type is lame)

Edited by Chronocidal

It's odd that many are talking about new detailed toy instead of add on kit, so many of you will rather spend more money on a detailed up n more expensive V2.3456 vf-1?

Yeah. I'd buy maybe ONE if it was a completely new version of the mold.

The only thing that I really want right now is a Roy 1S conversion kit if they aren't going to release a TV version. That and replacement cockpit parts since the shiny coating likes to bubble off even in the best of storage circumstances.

Yeah. I'd buy maybe ONE if it was a completely new version of the mold.

The only thing that I really want right now is a Roy 1S conversion kit if they aren't going to release a TV version. That and replacement cockpit parts since the shiny coating likes to bubble off even in the best of storage circumstances.

I don't think graham meant to have a completely new mold which make it V3. There is no way Yamato will do that. What Graham meant was a detail up VF-1 add on kit or V2.3 or something if you think they solved the shoulder prolelm and new crotch system as V2.1 and V2.2. A detail up verion will make it V2.3 I assume.

I dont' knwo about others, but I for one will not buy another completely V2.3 to have the extra add on features since I already have most of the early release, what I need is add on part to detail up my current V2. I believe this makes sense to many toy collectors out there as well.

If Yamato decides to make a fully detailed VF-1 based on existing V2 mold and make it V2.3 on a certain scheme like Roy VF-1S, fine. I will pick it up, but I still think they should release a separte add on kit with all the accesary listed by many memebers..

I have to hand it to Yamato, they sure know how to sell their stuff

Yamato execs 2007,

EXEC1 - I believe we have run out of ways to milk the 1/48 vf-1 mold, any suggestions?

EXEC2 - How about we make a 1/60 vf-1 version

EXEC1 - What for? we already got the 1/48 with everything

EXEX2 - C'mon, you know how this otaku are, they need to have everything

EXEC1 - So, we just rerelease something they already have, but smaller?

EXEC2 - yeah, and we can repaint them again in all the schemes and they will buy it

EXEC1 - Nahhhhhhhhhh...people aren't that dumb, aren't they sick of the vf-1, there are so many other valks that can be milk good too

EXEC2 - yeah, but we have to make CAD designs, engineer molds, etc, we can just work the existing vf-1 molds, it will be cheaper than making new ones

EXEC1 - Hmmm, you might be onto something, ok, lets do it

Yamato execs 2008

EXEC1 - We're getting reports that the VF-1 v2 has shoulder breaking issues

EXEC2 - Who gives a f*ck?

EXEC1 - I don't know, some internet forum is getting bitchy about it

EXEC2 - so?

EXEC1 - shouldn't we do something about it

EXEC2 - sigh...............fine, let's announce the VT-1 and VF-1D releases they've been begging for ages, that will take their minds of it

EXEC1 - but what about the shoulder

EXEC2 - What are you? new here, dumbass, they always find a way to fix it in those forums, let's just say some material/PVC/scale BS, and then rerelease them with their own fix applied and the suckers will buy the stupid toy again

EXEC1 - oh yeah, right, that always work

Yamato execs 2009

EXEC1 - We're running out of ways to mold the vf-1 again

EXEC2 - let's say we fixed something, add a bump or two to make it "different" than the original with some addons that costs 25cents to produces and resell them apart or completely

EXEC1 - WHO would want that?

EXEC2 - they WILL...*evil laugh*

I have to hand it to Yamato, they sure know how to sell their stuff

Yamato execs 2007,

EXEC1 - I believe we have run out of ways to milk the 1/48 vf-1 mold, any suggestions?

EXEC2 - How about we make a 1/60 vf-1 version

EXEC1 - What for? we already got the 1/48 with everything

EXEX2 - C'mon, you know how this otaku are, they need to have everything

EXEC1 - So, we just rerelease something they already have, but smaller?

EXEC2 - yeah, and we can repaint them again in all the schemes and they will buy it

EXEC1 - Nahhhhhhhhhh...people aren't that dumb, aren't they sick of the vf-1, there are so many other valks that can be milk good too

EXEC2 - yeah, but we have to make CAD designs, engineer molds, etc, we can just work the existing vf-1 molds, it will be cheaper than making new ones

EXEC1 - Hmmm, you might be onto something, ok, lets do it

Yamato execs 2008

EXEC1 - We're getting reports that the VF-1 v2 has shoulder breaking issues

EXEC2 - Who gives a f*ck?

EXEC1 - I don't know, some internet forum is getting bitchy about it

EXEC2 - so?

EXEC1 - shouldn't we do something about it

EXEC2 - sigh...............fine, let's announce the VT-1 and VF-1D releases they've been begging for ages, that will take their minds of it

EXEC1 - but what about the shoulder

EXEC2 - What are you? new here, dumbass, they always find a way to fix it in those forums, let's just say some material/PVC/scale BS, and then rerelease them with their own fix applied and the suckers will buy the stupid toy again

EXEC1 - oh yeah, right, that always work

Yamato execs 2009

EXEC1 - We're running out of ways to mold the vf-1 again

EXEC2 - let's say we fixed something, add a bump or two to make it "different" than the original with some addons that costs 25cents to produces and resell them apart or completely

EXEC1 - WHO would want that?

EXEC2 - they WILL...*evil laugh*

LMFAO!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

How about an antenna for the backpack in GERWALK? I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned before.

I'd also like pretty much everything Graham mentioned in his post, but I have to echo the shoulder replacement. Some of the stuff mentioned in the VF-1 book would be nice as well.

And there's also Hikaru's magic bicycle--which will be available as an online exclusive weathered version, limited to 1000 units, and will be 150% more to import it. I was also going to suggest Orguss armor, but I think I've thought of something better: a VF-1 head set with a VF-1R head! :lol: [ducks behind a table] :ph34r:

Hopefully, Yamato will do something like this for the other valks; I'd love to get all of those accessories for the YF-19 that were on the cover of the M+ TIAS.

If we are talking about a possible "detail up" VF-1, then I want something like this (at least working arms and legs):

4193238904_77bcdc4310_o.gif

Side covers, neck cover, extra seats (like the ones made by T-Rex) are out of the question, they're a MUST!!!

How much are you willing to pay for an 1:24 VF-1 extreme edition?

U$S 150??

:lol:

Seriously, I'm against discussing prices and give Yamato any ideas, but I'd love a 1/24 extreme edition (I'm serious).

I didn't mean a complete working transformable valk with exposed mechanic frame when I posted that pic. I would love one but that will never happen.

I do want working legs or arms and a chestplate (it would hinder transformation though) with exposed details B))

I forgot about that, good idea------a "retrofit kit" to convert the earlier ones to the new style of hip-bar/crotch. Sell it along with the replacement shoulder hinges!

If you own an early V2, you'll probably want/need both of those things.

I strongly agree with David. We do need some way to fix the breaking/broken shoulders of early V2.0s

and together with the newer hip-bar/crotch design, transformation would be a bliss, and with repeated carefree transformations, the toy will eventually break somehow and then anybody would be happy to get a replacement one (and yamato makes $$$)

Some of my wish list has already been covered, but here are my suggestions:

- waterslide decals or at least reissue of existing sticker sheets

- battroid side covers that lock shoulder hinge to prevent breakage

- ground crew

maintenance staff (various types and poses)

standing pilots

- support vehicles:

Boom lift truck

M-299 Utility Vehicle

GN XM-3002 Low-Gravity Vehicle

a tug vehicle for fighters

Gunpod cart

miscellaneous carts to carry ordinance etc

mobile diagnostic/generator/hydraulic units

- mechanical diorama elements:

engine unit that has been removed for maintenance on a support cart

head with external plates removed on a mobile diagnostic/repair unit

exposed gunpod with ammo belt on a mobile reloading unit

- Long shot and would depend on cost but:

working battery powered LED mobile light tower.

post-1833-1261084044_thumb.jpg

I think all of the suggestions are great. Additional custom Stickers would be great.

I would also like to see the fold booster for the yf-19 and yf-21 rereleased as well.

different colored fast pack sets(black, grey, white etc)

Not to beat a dead horse but ....

If they did do a new tooling and a new version I would hope that it would be a larger scale, maybe 1/24 scale ultimate detail. However then it would be $500 I am sure, unless they did it as a "kit" version for us to paint up and screw together like the upcoming blank DIY kit.

Also I like everyone's ideas here. Lots of good stuff. Loving the LED light mobile tower accessory for the ground crew. That is a very practical idea.

If we are talking about a possible "detail up" VF-1, then I want something like this (at least working arms and legs):

4193238904_77bcdc4310_o.gif

Side covers, neck cover, extra seats (like the ones made by T-Rex) are out of the question, they're a MUST!!!

I like this idea, but ALL the panels must be crystal clear (similar to the CMs cockpit Roy and Hikaru pods). Availability would be in GERWALK, battroid, and fighter to the truest of lineart. All the details inside would move or slide or do whatever they are "supposed" to do, per se. Full assembly of this "model kit" would be done by the buyer, as well as, all color and decal (not sticker) applications.

If, Yamato was to produce this as transformable I am afraid to even fathom what the price would be.

Also a matching Strike/Super Packs, and GBP-1S.

I would only want this in 1/48 scale, nothing less.

All the other items, such as: pilots, vehicles, custom decals, blah, blah, blah...(well, I can do without), can be available in seperate bundle packs.