Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

I don't get why so many people here feel so threatened by the VF-2ss taking the head of the poll, they have to bash it.

Edit: Grammar.

I don't hate Vf-2ss, It really is my second choice from the list, I just like VF-4 better. :lol:

However I feel VF2ss does have the 80s 'super robot war' style in it. That is rather different than another Valks.

One more VF-4 photo from me.

vf-4onfires.jpg

The VF-0D would be sweet, and the VF-2SS is something Bandai would most likely make (since they owns the rights to it), so I could toss out the VF-17 to kiss up to Graham ( :p ), but my vote went for the VF-4.

The battroid is FUGLY, but its one fighter that way overdue for some lovin'!

If Yammie needs an idea, they should go wth the VF-4, since it'll get a lot of old school and RT fans' buying them. B))

Edited by Zinjo

Voted for the VF-0D. I love the fighter mode a lot with its delta wings and it's a 2 seater. But I would be equally happy with a VF-4.

The VF-4 would be great because we lack that generational step between the VF-1 and VF-11 in toy form.

Wouldn't mind a mass production 19, though not the kai.

I wouldn't vote for the 17 because I think the fighter mode looks a little cobbled together and ill fitting, which the VF-171 completely fixes and looks really awesome.

I used to love the VF-2SS back in the early 90's, but I guess my tastes have changed. I used to take a high preference of battroid mode over fighter, but as I've gotten older, I've gotten to appreciate the fighter modes of valkyries more to the point that the design of the fighter takes precedence over the battroid modes. The fighter mode of the VF-2SS looks terrible to me now, though the battroid still looks pretty good, but it mostly just looks like a modified VF-1 mixed with some VF-0 elements which to me is nothing that particularly special after we've been flooded with so many VF-1 toys.

I wouldn't vote for the 17 because I think the fighter mode looks a little cobbled together and ill fitting, which the VF-171 completely fixes and looks really awesome.

Actually, the VF-17's fighter mode appears to be inspired from these little "skunk works" ;) :

post-3595-1253519135_thumb.jpg

I tried but it was tricky enough getting everything to balance and hold that pose long enough as it was.

I'm actually okay with the vf-2ss design. I don't think it fits in the established macross aesthetic but as a silly faux futuristic space ship... I've seen worse, though the 4 intakes on a "space optimized" fighter is rather silly.

Reply to bolded quit hating you purrrrrist. :lol:

Maybe it had to cruise back into atmosphere after a space op? This to cater for the extra weight/drag of the SAP?

They don't want their pilots dropping from space into atmosphere crashing to their pitiful doom do they?

lol yeah i don't know why it has 4 either, but it looks cool and we should leave it at that.

ZOiNK omg it's leading the poll count!... so? If Yamato didn't think it was worthy of the poll count then they wouldn't bother G-Man with it would they.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Not about being a purist. I just like that Macross is one of the few mecha anime show that basis at least some of it's design on real world counterparts... and yamato has precious few new releases (not repaints but entirely new molds). So I'd just rather see them concentrate on the numerous designs that I prefer... that is the designs that mirror the real world more closely like the vf-17.

For the record, I wouldn't be keen on the fire valkyrie vf-19 or the other soundforce valks for the same reason.

Not about being a purist. I just like that Macross is one of the few mecha anime show that basis at least some of it's design on real world counterparts... and yamato has precious few new releases (not repaints but entirely new molds). So I'd just rather see them concentrate on the numerous designs that I prefer... that is the designs that mirror the real world more closely like the vf-17.

For the record, I wouldn't be keen on the fire valkyrie vf-19 or the other soundforce valks for the same reason.

Agree 100%

ok, now I KNOW you're just trollin :blink:

No i'm serious i really like the Metal Siren and i want it made. Be it may tounge in cheek calling me out a troll, but i'm far from it.

read my first post, 50/50 i said it was between the 4 and 2SS, read the VF-4 thread, i posted up quite alot of sexy VF-4 pics saying i wanted it made as well.

Just because Head Pilot loves the 2SS ohh no letsbag 2SS the hell out! hahaha. :lol:

You don't see me bagging the VF-4 do you trolls, nor stating which one is better or should be made first (like it matters lol), but you sure find time to bag the 2SS. ^_^

This thread was good until you trolls started hammering the 2SS. Funny! Keep the love coming 2SS fans!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I don't find the VF-2SS that bad, but out of the options here its the one i like the least (Though there are worse Macross designs too).

They should finish the zero line first then do the VF-4. Then start full time with M7 doing all the 19's and 17's.

Then while they wait for Bandai to give up Macross Frontier (Yes i can hope), they can do the VF-2SS and other VF's such as those from games.

No i'm serious i really like the Metal Siren and i want it made. Be it may tounge in cheek calling me out a troll, but i'm far from it.

read my first post, 50/50 i said it was between the 4 and 2SS, read the VF-4 thread, i posted up quite alot of sexy VF-4 pics saying i wanted it made as well.

Just because Head Pilot loves the 2SS ohh no letsbag 2SS the hell out! hahaha. :lol:

You don't see me bagging the VF-4 do you trolls, nor stating which one is better or should be made first (like it matters lol), but you sure find time to bag the 2SS. ^_^

This thread was good until you trolls started hammering the 2SS. Funny! Keep the love coming 2SS fans!

I'll take a 1/60 METAL SIREN no questions asked!! Awesome design in all modes!!!

I've got to go for the VF-4. I think it compliments the original VF-1 better than the other craft, possessing enough of a similarity in minor features to look as though it were developed by the same engineers, while different enough in overall layout to give the feel of a mission-specific evolutionary step in the manufacturer's Variable Fighter designs.

My next choice would be a tie between the VF-0D and VF-17.

Lovin the SAP!

DSCN2909.jpg

Sorry to repost a pic, but what kit is this that has removable arm and leg armor for the VF-2ss? i only know of the Bandai kit 1/100 kit. As for all the varied opinions in this poll, i really dont think there is an ugly bird in the bunch. I love fighter modes for most my valks and all of these appeal to me. Battroid for some of these however look kinda funky, and the best looking battroid of the bunch that keeps it simple is the VF-2ss.

A lot of the new designs have kibble and junky edges, but the clean design of the VF-2ss battroid is reminiscent of the simple vf-1 design.

Sorry to repost a pic, but what kit is this that has removable arm and leg armor for the VF-2ss? i only know of the Bandai kit 1/100 kit. As for all the varied opinions in this poll, i really dont think there is an ugly bird in the bunch. I love fighter modes for most my valks and all of these appeal to me. Battroid for some of these however look kinda funky, and the best looking battroid of the bunch that keeps it simple is the VF-2ss.

A lot of the new designs have kibble and junky edges, but the clean design of the VF-2ss battroid is reminiscent of the simple vf-1 design.

Resin 1/72 Garage kit. That pic is the one wmcheng made years ago. An admitted mistake, if you notice, is that he put a line through the middle of the fighter. Still looks good.

The vf-4 to me is just a big no. I can see why so many like the fighter mode, it is unique and fits more into macross than the 17 and 19 in design. But I just cant get past the battroid mode.

The vf-17 and vf-19 are also out of the question, the whole sound force thing is just silly and the valk designs are just as silly. I tried watching M7 and could not get into it at all.

I am really torn between the vf-0d and the vf-2ss. The 0d is probly a good choice as it shares most of its frame with the 0a and 0s so making a 0d should be cost effective. The vf-2ss while the fighter mode is sleek and sexy I can see why some say it does not fit macross cannon. Battroid mode I just love. It reminds me so much of the vf-1 and to me is a logical progression in design. The sap I can live with or with out.

Going to have to ponder it further.

Actually, the VF-17's fighter mode appears to be inspired from these little "skunk works" ;) :

post-3595-1253519135_thumb.jpg

Yes, I know what its design inspiration is from. Just saying the design of the VF-17 doesn't seem to fit together as well as other valks do. With the shoulders overlapping over the chest area and from that point back, the dorsal side doesn't seem to flow very well, unlike the F-117 or the VF-171.

Yes, I know what its design inspiration is from. Just saying the design of the VF-17 doesn't seem to fit together as well as other valks do. With the shoulders overlapping over the chest area and from that point back, the dorsal side doesn't seem to flow very well, unlike the F-117 or the VF-171.

I just figure the lack of flow and all the odd angles on the fighter are just part of the its stealth/radar-deflecting profile.

But yeah, if there's one area where the VF-171's trump the VF-17, it's in GERWALK mode. Not really feeling the whole armless look of the -17 in that mode.

Bandai has the lisence, so Yamato can't make the 25.

I voted the 0D. FInish off the line Yamato, u lef tthe best plane out!

Yes I understand...

Just that sometimes when I think "what if" Yamato can make it... What would it look like...

I hope to see it happen in 8 years.

I am quite surprised that the VF-2SS is leading in this poll. I personally think it's butt-ugly and the SAP packs make it look even dumber, but w/e. I really hope Yamato goes ahead and makes a VF-17, it has the toughest battroid mode in any valk desgn. Heck even the battroid mode looked good in the cheap Bandai toy from the '90s (the fighter mode on that toy looked like garbage though)

It's too bad then that it's the fighter mode on the vf-2ss that's kibble laden.

But the battroid mode TOTALLY makes up for it. There's nothing cooler than cloven hoofs and chest protrusions that block your peripheral vision.

But the battroid mode TOTALLY makes up for it. There's nothing cooler than cloven hoofs and chest protrusions that block your peripheral vision.

WRONG, the SAP makes it even cooler, there's nothing cooler than a blast shield for your robot's face that protects your robot's awesome face when you fire the awesome gun.