Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

Thankyou. :)

Your previous post contained "F'n lame trolls". You were part of the problem. :lol:

As for the poll, I was excited by the prospect at first but I'm convinced it wont make a lick of difference as far as what Yamato does. Nor should it. :p

Edited by eriku

The VF-2SS is more like the obligatory comedy option anyway.
That's probably absolutely true. :lol: Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't MacII bomb in Japan? Also, was the VF-2SS even included in those recent Macross PSP video games? If not, then it may seem that interest in MacII may no longer be there.

In all honesty I can see the VF-17/19 being the most likely candidate for the next 1/60.

Yamato does have the Mac7 license afterall and is punching out the new VF-22 as we speak - so that automatically covers the VF-17, and VF-19 in the above poll.

They also have the Mac Zero license. Macross 2012 Flashback might be somehow connected to DYRL, but Macross II? Does Yamato even have the license?

Edited by OmegaD3k

Less than 300 votes I'm sure Yamato will be impressed by all 80 people that want a VF-2SS. Instead of trying to overtake each other with personal opinions why not encourage more people to vote.
They should be! After all, we see claims that it was not popular in Japan. But I'm more impressed by those that talks shiet about it while the poll still shows the VF-2SS in the lead.

Even if they don't have the license, I don't think that there'll much of a resistance for them to get it. The thing thats kinda puzzling is that how would Yamato milk any of these valks? I'm wondering how much a comletely armored VF-2SS would cost. I want one but if the price is too high, it's going to be easy for me to pass it up.

They should be! After all, we see claims that it was not popular in Japan. But I'm more impressed by those that talks shiet about it while the poll still shows the VF-2SS in the lead.
I'm honestly pretty surprised by that. The mecha, itself, is very pretty but I thought that MII's "unpopularity" would cost it some votes...shows you what I know, eh? For the record, I voted for the VF-4...I'm just thinkin' about the last time I see my man Hikaru and he's behind the controls of this mech...call me sentimental...(plus, the design is pretty hot, too B)) )

It's surely just a coincidence that the same person is the biggest cheerleader for the vf-2ss. ^_^
We love your humor! And thanks for the additional cheerleading my dear Aussie!

I'm sure with the VF-2SS mold, Yamato can easily milk that too. Imagine the LV1 scheme and the MnM set!!

Even if they don't have the license, I don't think that there'll much of a resistance for them to get it. The thing thats kinda puzzling is that how would Yamato milk any of these valks? I'm wondering how much a comletely armored VF-2SS would cost. I want one but if the price is too high, it's going to be easy for me to pass it up.

I know the feeling of worrying about the price of the "Super" VF-2SS. :wacko: The SAP's considerably larger than the standard FAST packs, so I'd imagine it'd be liable to cost at least in the neighborhood of the 1/60 YF-21, maybe more if Yamato's feeling stingy. I'm not after as many of the other released Valks as a lot of people here so it won't hurt me so much to save up for a VF-2SS, but it's still got the capacity to make my wallet weep and gods forbid any of you hardcore collectors have to make any painful choices!

It's possible to milk the -2SS a bit, presuming Sylvie and Nexx at least had different colors; if the other members of Sylvie's squad (Faerie Squadron? Been a while since I watched MII, I know it's something flittery like that) had a different color from hers, or any other colors were shown on screen at any point, Yamato could have a few stand-alone Valks and release an SAP set separately, and still pick out one specifically to offer as the Valk/SAP set.

Granted, the color scheme on the VF-2SS is two measly lines on the dorsal fuselage/Battroid's chest, so they may not be inclined to put that much effort into it, but if they get creative and dip into non-canon colorations, who knows. Wendy Rider Guard anyone? xD

Edited by Brand

Sylvie and Nexx would be good options for variants. Nexx even has slightly variant armour and weapons. I'd buy both of those, but only if they came with the armour.

Not sure whether all of Sylvie's team had different colour stripes, but if they did I personally wouldn't be too interested. Sure, the various DYRL VF-1As differ in basically the same way, and I bought all them, but I'm more connected to Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki than Sylvie's "VF Bunnies".

The VF-2SS demonstration team that flies at the moon festival all had bold colour schemes, with the body brightly painted and a simple white stripe. One or two of those would look quite stunning, next to the standard model, so I'd be open to those "canon" variants myself. IIRC, they were also SAP-less.

The VF-2SS demonstration team that flies at the moon festival all had bold colour schemes, with the body brightly painted and a simple white stripe. One or two of those would look quite stunning, next to the standard model, so I'd be open to those "canon" variants myself. IIRC, they were also SAP-less.

Good point! A full-body paint job would certainly offer a more enticing alternative to milk the mold with than just changing two stripes several times. And there's certainly precedent from Yamato for branching out in the barely-seen-demonstration-team direction, i.e. the 1/48 Angel Birds VF-1.

I'm sure with the VF-2SS mold, Yamato can easily milk that too. Imagine the LV1 scheme and the MnM set!!
Max and Milia are in Macross II as much as a VF-1 pilot sits in a VF-1's head.
Sylvie and Nexx would be good options for variants. Nexx even has slightly variant armour and weapons. I'd buy both of those, but only if they came with the armour.

Not sure whether all of Sylvie's team had different colour stripes, but if they did I personally wouldn't be too interested. Sure, the various DYRL VF-1As differ in basically the same way, and I bought all them, but I'm more connected to Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki than Sylvie's "VF Bunnies".

If I remember right, some of Sylvie's teammates had their valks with yellow stripes.

It's possible to milk the -2SS a bit, presuming Sylvie and Nexx at least had different colors;
Nexx had blue trim and a different rifle, that'd probably be the version I'd get, not to mention he was my favorite character in the series. Kind of like Macross II's version of Focker and Max only one person
I wonder the same thing, the most recognizable paint schemes are for Sylvie and Nexx, it may actually be more profitable for Yamato to make an offsreen paint job for the VF-2SS than it would be to release VF-2SS's with yellow stripes. I figure $200 is high, but might be reasonable for a 1/60 VF-2SS with SAP and 3 attack bits. It's not a mold I see Yamato pushing a lot of, and I think that will factor into the cost like it did with the VT-1 Super O.

Why has everyone written off the VF-0D? I mean, the discussion at this stage is a flame war between Head Pilots who like the 2SS and a few holdouts for the VF-4. There's some talk of a few Mac7 valks, as well.

But, come on, the sexiest Fighter mode of all is the 0D!

macross_vf-0d.jpg

Not to mention it'd be the cheapest for them to make, as a major retool instead of a new mold, and it would be compatible with already-developed accessories. It has at least 2 canon schemes (Shin and Grey) and several possibilities for a non-canon scheme.

Plus, they definitely have the license for it.

Why has everyone written off the VF-0D? I mean, the discussion at this stage is a flame war between Head Pilots who like the 2SS and a few holdouts for the VF-4. There's some talk of a few Mac7 valks, as well.

But, come on, the sexiest Fighter mode of all is the 0D!

Not to mention it'd be the cheapest for them to make, as a major retool instead of a new mold, and it would be compatible with already-developed accessories. It has at least 2 canon schemes (Shin and Grey) and several possibilities for a non-canon scheme.

Plus, they definitely have the license for it.

Welcome to the 'war zone'.

I start to wonder this poll is a booby trap set up by Graham. :lol:

In fact, Yamato already has its next two years Macross release plan done. <_<

I still doubt this sudden popularity of the VF-2ss?

And I do hope Graham is able to check that sudden "new members" from the moment of posting thread didn't vote. :p Or at least their votes won't be taken into consideration.

Although, I still pretty much believe Yamato will not base their decision on 300 votes... ?

Still, I like the Vf-2ss and will buy one... BUT only after the VF-0D!!! 8)

There is no sudden popularity of the VF-2SS. It's always been popular, and the acknowledged high point of Macross II.

Go back to all the old MII hate or MII vs M7 threads. Very little people hated on the VF2SS and people were always clamoring for an upgrade of the Bandai 1/100 kit to toy form.

It's been two weeks.

Graham. You said that you met with Yamato for dinner recently.

Was there any discussion about the results of this poll?

What I'd like to hear about, is which of the valks in the poll are most likely to be made, from then on it would be easier for all of us to debate which one we'd want to see more. Maybe a follow up poll to this with the least likely valks to be made eliminated from it.
There is no sudden popularity of the VF-2SS. It's always been popular, and the acknowledged high point of Macross II.

Go back to all the old MII hate or MII vs M7 threads. Very little people hated on the VF2SS and people were always clamoring for an upgrade of the Bandai 1/100 kit to toy form.

Definitely, and it was popular enough to be included in the upcoming Macross game for PSP. I the 2SS makes it into toy form, be it in the VF HI METAL line or by Yamato in 1/60 scale. Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

What I'd like to hear about, is which of the valks in the poll are most likely to be made, from then on it would be easier for all of us to debate which one we'd want to see more. Maybe a follow up poll to this with the least likely valks to be made eliminated from it.Definitely, and it was popular enough to be included in the upcoming Macross game for PSP. I the 2SS makes it into toy form, be it in the VF HI METAL line or by Yamato in 1/60 scale.

That's a great idea! :D

What I'd like to hear about, is which of the valks in the poll are most likely to be made, from then on it would be easier for all of us to debate which one we'd want to see more. Maybe a follow up poll to this with the least likely valks to be made eliminated from it.

Seeing how committed Yamato is to the M7 license right now, my guess is they merely wanted to see if we were in the same page, and that they already have scheduled all next year's Valks and all from M7. Maybe once that gets covered, we'll have a chance to see the VF-4 and VF-2ss. That's too bad for me since I wanted to see the VF-2 w/ SAP in 1/60 scale very badly. But as I said earlier, I'd try to get as many VFs as possible eventually.

I don't think Yamato will make VF-4 not the VF-2S cuz they both need new tools/machines. IMO the only new VF that Yamato will produce is the VF-5000 due to the similar transformation like the VF-1 and VF-0.

I find your logic highly illogical. the VF-500 is about as unlikely as the VF-4 (if not more so). it's an obscure design which isn't really like the VF-1 at all and only shows up in a single OVA (where it has one paint scheme) and a couple of video games. it's never been a hero/main character valk.

I find your logic highly illogical. the VF-500 is about as unlikely as the VF-4 (if not more so). it's an obscure design which isn't really like the VF-1 at all and only shows up in a single OVA (where it has one paint scheme) and a couple of video games. it's never been a hero/main character valk.
Despite it's obscurity it was fairly popular here a few years back, it usually did well on polls here.

Despite it's obscurity it was fairly popular here a few years back, it usually did well on polls here.

but so does the VF-4 and that was flown by more central characters than the VF-5000 was. so like I said it's at least as much of a longshot as the VF-4