Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

Y'know, I have to wonder how anyone can complain about how the VF-2SS looks when quite frankly, the VF-4 is only sexy in Fighter mode. Its Battroid is a freakshow of top-heavy, "how much can we interfere with the range of motion for the arms with these giant fins srupting from the shoulders?" insanity. It's not beautiful, or graceful; it looks almost wrong alongside the sleeker Battroids of a VF-1, or -11, or -19. I don't think the VF-2SS is nearly so out of place as so many people are claiming, especially when standing next to a VF-4.

I totally agree here. Also, the VF-4 in battroid mode reminds of the villain from Mospeada! Then again, not much you can do from its design anyways.

Agent, where did you find this QUOTE?

I can't find these comment in this thread...?! :blink:

<_<

and if Yamato thinks there aren't enough options for repaints with the VF-4, they need to take a look at Talo's Photobucket account. infinite repaint options ready to go. ^_^

But how many of them are official/canon? ;)

Like I said before, the VF-4 in fighter mode is drop-dead gorgeous. It is a beautiful, beautiful looking fighter.

If only some of the shoulder kibble was used instead to make some semblance of a back or backpack, I would probably like the battroid mode a hell of a lot more.

And if we're going off the model kit above, the VF-4 really needs something of a better defined back.

-------------------------

As for the VF-2SS, I really don't mind the stand-alone version.

But the SAP version is beyond excessive for my tastes. Seriously, is the 2SS "compensating" for somethin' with its railgun and kibble? ^_^

I'm not talking about the crab look-a-like. I was talking about the villain guy who had a sister that had interest in Yellow dancer. I don't remember his name.

post-3595-1253407829_thumb.jpg

Oh!! I TOTALLY see the resemblance to a VF-4 battroid!!! :lol:

:rolleyes:

Agent, where did you find this QUOTE?

I can't find these comment in this thread...?! :blink:

<_<

That was mine. ^^; I started typing it before all the pics of the VF-4 started being posted, and by the time I'd posted it, someone else had already brought up how odd the Lightning III's Battroid is several posts before mine. I edited out my post to prevent rehashing the same thing, I thought I'd managed to get it before it could be quoted but evidently I was wrong. xD Agent-GHQ's apparently very quick with that Reply button.

I always assumed that Yamato i s going to release the VF-17 (S, D, Ray's Custom), 19 (existing mold and some changes...? Also the S and F) and 11 (existing mold, C, Millia)... All of these have multiple molds they can recycle. :huh: I hope they would do that sooner or later... So I'll cast my vote for something else.

It's a struggle between VF-0D and VF-4 for me...

And my love for the original SDF wins. VF-4 it is!

P.S. I would actually buy all of them.

P.P.S. The VF-19Kai is my least interested one.

I'm not talking about the crab look-a-like. I was talking about the villain guy who had a sister that had interest in Yellow dancer. I don't remember his name.

Who? Is this some minor villain? I can only recall one villain who had a sister but she liked Stig, not yellow and his ride looked like this

i-mecha05.jpg

vf4soldier.jpg

You guys do realize the VF-2SS is pretty much a solid no, right? Right now its more like a 50/50 VF-17, VF-19 with a slight chance of VF-4.

Considering the VF-4 had all of, what, maybe ten seconds of screen time in a glorified music video that I'd wager plenty of Macross fans haven't seen yet, and has a bitch of a transformation (just look at the colored transformation diagram in the M3, particularly the ridiculous way the legs collapse between Battroid and Fighter modes), I'd say it's a pretty solid "no" too on matters of design basis and, let's face it, obscurity (yes, I said it and you know it's true!) as well as no canon variants to milk the mold with. All we ever saw was Hikaru's.

At least the VF-2SS was prominently featured in a multi-episode OVA series, even if it's been retconned out of the main continuity, and could conceivably be customized for the numerous pilots shown to be flying them. And there's also the VF-2J Icarus, an offshoot though admittedly quite different in appearance and transformation, so not at all the same mold but still an attractive relation to the -2SS.

I think most of us know it's a longshot trying to get either the VF-2SS or the VF-4 into production. Of course the -0D, and -17 and -19 variants are much, much more likely to see production. This isn't a "what's most likely" poll, it's a "what we want to see" poll, and I want to see the VF-2SS get some 1/60 love! :p I'd even like to see them try a the VF-4, despite how annoyed I may seem by it right now. It would show that Yamato's willing to think outside the same three or four repainted boxes, and that's always a good thing!

As for the VF-2SS, I really don't mind the stand-alone version.

But the SAP version is beyond excessive for my tastes. Seriously, is the 2SS "compensating" for somethin' with its railgun and kibble? ^_^

I'm going to have to assume that you then don't like the Stampede or the Armored Ozma/Altos's because if any Valks compensating for something those ones' completely out armor, out gun and out "Gundam" the VF-2SS. B))

I voted VF-2SS.

And you herd this from directly from Yamato, VF5SS!?? The person who makes the final say-so.

Yes because clearly they're going to make a toy of a mecha from the one Macross OVA that was pretty mediocre and has received about as much attention over the years as Gundam X or G-Saviour (ok maybe that's too harsh).

Now the VF-4 is only slightly more likely because of its uniqueness and connection to the original series via Flashback 2012.

Now the VF-17 and VF-19 are from a popular Macross series and both have had a fair amount of merchandise between models and toys. Not to mention the fact either of these two would tie directly with the three new Macross 7 toys Yamato is planning to release. Also each one has a plethora of variants and extra bits.

The VF-0D falls somewhere between the VF-4 and Macross 7 stuff. While it is from an OVA, it does share enough parts with the standard VF-0 that tooling may be cheaper. Then again with the VF-19 they do have a proven design and know how to make a toy like that so their work would be adapting their existing model to suit the simplified VF-19F/S/Kai/Zolan type.

Go back to begging Bandai for a VF100 toy. They'll make anything. Even a Gundam X.

I'm willing to bet that the VF-17 will be made. Just as VF5SS posted above, Yamato is releasing Mac7 toys, so a VF-17 fits there. Also, MacF was quite popular even with viewers not familiar with Macross and since VF-17 -> VF-171, Yamato has a pseudo-backdoor into the MacF merchandising (obviously they cant release a VF-171 or a paint scheme similar to it, the VF-17 is close enough) Because as i've heard Bandai has no plans for a DX VF-171

And I've always thought the VF-4's transformation was way too complicated. I'd think a toy version would be quite fragile.

Edited by RDClip

Can we maybe have reference pics of each valk on the first post of this thread only? The flood of VF-2SS photos on every page is making this thread & poll hard to take seriously.

This.

All the pictures of the VF-2SS is irritating. It's like that political crap they pull every 4 years...WE GET IT. YOU LIKE THAT VALK GHQ...stop posting it on every page.

And I've always thought the VF-4's transformation was way too complicated. I'd think a toy version would be quite fragile.

If complicated/fragile transformation is an issue then the 2SS is deffinately out.

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macross2/vf-2s...sformation1.gif

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macross2/vf-2s...sformation2.gif

just a mess of big parts dangling everywhere off of tiny double and tipple hinges.

At least the VF-2SS was prominently featured in a multi-episode OVA series, even if it's been retconned out of the main continuity, and could conceivably be customized for the numerous pilots shown to be flying them. And there's also the VF-2J Icarus, an offshoot though admittedly quite different in appearance and transformation, so not at all the same mold but still an attractive relation to the -2SS.

Anyone have a pic of the VF-2J Icarus? A google search has proved fruitless. I have only a vague recollection of it in the Macross II ova since all the mecha action flashed by too quickly like the majority of all the other early 90s ovas.

Anyone have a pic of the VF-2J Icarus? A google search has proved fruitless. I have only a vague recollection of it in the Macross II ova since all the mecha action flashed by too quickly like the majority of all the other early 90s ovas.

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross2/vf-2ja.htm Pics of the Icarus in all three modes, with and without FAST packs though I don't believe it ever appeared with them on in the anime anywhere, so I'm not sure how canon the packs are. It's a different model than the VF-2SS in many ways, so it's not exactly like Yamato could milk the mold with it, but if they make one they may be open to the other, who knows. I'd have used the M3 for reference but there's no entry for the Icarus in it, sadly.