Poll - which 1/60 VF would you like to see next from Yamato?

Graham

Which new 1/60 VF would you like to see from Yamato?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. VF Choice

• VF-0D from Macross Zero, including Shin blue color and standard grey color
    • VF-4 from Flash Back 2012
    • VF-17 from Macross 7, including D/S & S Milia types & possibly Super Packs
    • VF-19 from Macross 7, including kai/F/S/P & possibly Super Packs & Sound Booster
    • VF-2SS from Macross II, possibly including SAP

Let's look at this from Yamato's perspective:

* Multiple canon variants and color-schemes.

* Design and transformation style that's very much in line with the rest of the Macross birds.

* BUT still unique enough in its look and style to be differentiated from the rest of the pack.

* Sufficient amount of accesories.

* Looks reminiscent of a modern, real life fighter plane.

VF-17

NIGHTMARE

Besides, if Yamato can pull off this bird (Link), a few more tweaks and modifications to that basic design and mold can lead them to this bad boy (and that ADDITIONAL set of official variants and accesories) (Evolved Link).

Plus, we'd get the added bonus of making Darth Maharg, most pleased. :ph34r:

EDIT: Thanks, M. Frost. Late-night brain-fart with the links on my part. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mog

Voted 2ss as well. I'm glad we're in the majority tho' I have the feeling Yamato won't be thrilled about it. I bet they would've felt more comfortable with us voting massively for the VF-19. Don't get me wrong, I'd buy any of the valks of that list eventually and even repaints, but I'd sell a liver at eBay to get a 2ss with SAP.

By the way, Graham, since you never visit us at the Mospeada thread anymore and echoing what DarrinG just posted above, Could you ask Yamato if they've ever considered jumping the Mospeada wagon and gives us fans a decent Legioss/TREAD combo? The current offerings, sadly, aren't up to today's standards and given the experience they've gathered in transforming toys, a Legioss and TREAD would be like a walk in the park for them. I realize is probably too soon to launch yet another combo to the market, being Mospeada such a niche market and all that stuff, but maybe eventually? Thanks a million.

Edit: Maybe I should poll it.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

While I'd prefer a VF-4, I voted for 0D based on likelyhood of actually being made. C'mon, it's delta-winged---that's rare for a VF.

I'm surprised at the VF-2----I still don't "get" why people like it so. Like the VF-0, it just seems to be a tweaked VF-1 to me. (the 0D though, is a practically a new design)

While I'd prefer a VF-4, I voted for 0D based on likelyhood of actually being made. C'mon, it's delta-winged---that's rare for a VF.

I'm surprised at the VF-2----I still don't "get" why people like it so. Like the VF-0, it just seems to be a tweaked VF-1 to me. (the 0D though, is a practically a new design)

I am also surprise at the VF2ss too, popularity of the Macross II serie is hardly high. And I still think the Bandai VF2 model-kit can offer pretty good value anyway... However, don't get me wrong, I like the look of the VF-2, it would be my second choice of the list. VF-4 is still my favorite of all.

Anyway, Ilove this photo... let's see the VF-4 again. ;)

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=60765

The VF2SS is too gundum for my taste.
I strongly disagree. I see no resemblances of Gundam!

Plus it's so far removed from Kawamori's designs it would look out of place next to the other Yamato Macross offerings.
According to you, sure. Regardless, this mecha's design is a work of art!!

I strongly disagree. I see no resemblances of Gundam!

According to you, sure. Regardless, this mecha's design is a work of art!!

If you can't see how it looks like a design rejected form zeta gundam and think that a lumpy mess of a fighter being humped by another lumpier fighter is art, that's your problem. :rolleyes:

Well opinions are like A Holes. They all stink. Besides, I think the 2ss is a bland design anyway. The VF2ss looks completely out of place, when compared to all of the variable fighters in the Macross Universe. The other fighters for the most part follow some linear design logic when contrasted with each other.

The VF-4 looks good only in fighter mode, So I think it would be a waste of a possible toy, if we had to choose between several different designs.

Edited by Golden Arms

If two intakes are good, 4 are even better! And more horizontal fins! Let's stick one on the bottom! What is it for? Who cares! It's KEWL!

Dude, the extra intakes are totally practical. You need the inner one's to cool the arms... in space. :huh:

and lets not forget the intakes on the leg and arm armor :wacko:

Dude, the extra intakes are totally practical. You need the inner one's to cool the arms... in space. :huh:

and lets not forget the intakes on the leg and arm armor :wacko:

but but, the VF-2ss SAP folds down to cover the head when it fires it's rail gun! That's KEWL... the rail gun is so strong it needs to protect the valkyrie's head from the sheer awesomeness! Wait, what do you mean nothing like that happens in fighter or GERWALK mode?

macross-vf-4-all.jpg

I like this kit, but I'd actually prefer something closer to the official line art.

vf-4g-styled-max-battroid.gif

and if Yamato thinks there aren't enough options for repaints with the VF-4, they need to take a look at Talo's Photobucket account. infinite repaint options ready to go. ^_^

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/T...olored/?start=0

Y'know, I have to wonder how anyone can complain about how the VF-2SS looks when quite frankly, the VF-4 is only sexy in Fighter mode. Its Battroid is a freakshow of top-heavy, "how much can we interfere with the range of motion for the arms with these giant fins srupting from the shoulders?" insanity. :p It's not beautiful, or graceful; it looks almost wrong alongside the sleeker Battroids of a VF-1, or -11, or -19. I don't think the VF-2SS is nearly so out of place as so many people are claiming, especially when standing next to a VF-4.
I totally agree here. Also, the VF-4 in battroid mode reminds of the villain from Mospeada! Then again, not much you can do from its design anyways.