Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Well today I got my 25F movie repaint from OD and I just got one question. Do the pegs in the wings ever go into the leg armor or are those holes just for show? I thought about it after I got tired of trying to get them in there and just left it as is and threw it onto the stand and let it collect dust. If that's the case then I guess I'll throw the armor onto the 25S I got on display. :unsure:

Yes they do. They don't go straight in, though, you have to sort of angle the legs while you pop them together. Feel it out, it's a little awkward at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

Yes they do. They don't go straight in, though, you have to sort of angle the legs while you pop them together. Feel it out, it's a little awkward at first, but you'll get the hang of it.

I guess I'll have to give it a try but I have no patience for any valk except for the VF-1, I especially have no patience for the VF-25 at all since its poorly engineered and super un-poseable. :angry:

I guess I'll have to give it a try but I have no patience for any valk except for the VF-1, I especially have no patience for the VF-25 at all since its poorly engineered and super un-poseable. :angry:

The only point of articulation I would have asked for is a swivel on the upper thighs and MAYBE a ball joint with a wider area of movement for the hips. Everything else has all the articulation it needs, try posing the base model without the super packs and you'll get the feel of it. It's even got waist articulation!

The only point of articulation I would have asked for is a swivel on the upper thighs and MAYBE a ball joint with a wider area of movement for the hips. Everything else has all the articulation it needs, try posing the base model without the super packs and you'll get the feel of it. It's even got waist articulation!

up and down shoulder articulation would be nice too

No doubt. I really think Bandai should have a serious look at the good design points found in the VF-1 1/60 v2 and the VF-11B. As far as I am concerned they set a benchmark other companies should be striving for (cracked VF-1 shoulders not withstanding ;) )

But who am I kidding. I have a VF-25 Ozman armored and a Tornado in my future.....I just have to find the cash first!

Edited by logos

I don't get what you're talking about. The toy can move at the shoulders up and down just like the VF-1S and YF-21 I have.

nope, the vf-1, 0, 11, 19 and 21 can move their arms up and down while the shoulder stays where it's supposed to be. The 25 moves the entire shoulder assembly up and down so that if you want to raise the arm the whole shoulder is now up near the head.

I'll have to transform mine to double check, but I'm pretty sure the ball joint is at the end of that polygonal piece and you can move the entire arm without really interfering with the metal connectors next to the head.

nope, the way the shoulder armor piece is designed it hits the little vernier thruster and you only get like 1 degree of movement. The arm will pivot down so the arm can be positioned against the body but not up because then the shoulder armor will hit the assembly and stop the up movement.

I think you're talking about sideways movement then [arm moving away from the body] instead of up and down position, if I've examined my VF-25 and read what you wrote correctly.

err, sure. anyways... limited movement in the shoulder.

I actually really like the shoulder/clavicle articulation on the DX. It may move strangely but at least it's got a lot of range. Just fix that damn crotch lock already. That's the thing keeping me from buying any more.

Edited by eriku

• 2 weeks later...
Behold the Lucifer. Now with 100% more tampo printing!!!

Let us all pray that it isn't printed on the same glossy plastics which hampered the VF-25's.

That looks beautiful. It has so much more printing done on this than they did on the VF-25. It doesn't look like they missed much, whereas on the 25, they left out so much that should have been there.

Behold the Lucifer. Now with 100% more tampo printing!!!

Let us all pray that it isn't printed on the same glossy plastics which hampered the VF-25's.

That, and also that it does not disintegrate upon initial transformation, or the power of human sight.

EDIT: isn't it time for the Lucifer to have it's own thread? Even the Tornado pack has one already or am I seeing things?

Edited by regult

It is looking darn good, and sooooo much better than the -25.

One thing to be aware of with gerwalk mode though.. this one still doesn't appear to have any type of thigh swivel. So to get the pose shown, you have to drop the legs a bit, and swivel them out at the hips, same as the VF-25. You don't notice it as much, since the VF-27's intakes don't detach at the very front, but I don't think the leg posability has changed much, if at all.

I'd love them to prove me wrong, and give this a thigh swivel, but something I realized a while back.. I don't think Bandai has ever made mecha with that type of joint. Gundams figures I've built have never had the sort of legs that would allow for that rotation, so the concept behind it just might not exist in Bandai's mind.

On the other hand.. I'm not even entirely convinced that the VF-25 CAN swivel it's thighs. Sure, you see poses where it looks like it can, but I'm still not sure that the VF-25 has a spot on the leg where such a joint could even exist. :huh: I might need to just look harder. Based on the 1/72 kit, and the way the leg is assembled, the thigh pivot would probably have to be buried in the thigh extension hinge piece that you only see in gerwalk.

Edited by Chronocidal

On the other hand.. I'm not even entirely convinced that the VF-25 CAN swivel it's thighs. Sure, you see poses where it looks like it can, but I'm still not sure that the VF-25 has a spot on the leg where such a joint could even exist. :huh: I might need to just look harder. Based on the 1/72 kit, and the way the leg is assembled, the thigh pivot would probably have to be buried in the thigh extension hinge piece that you only see in gerwalk.

I don't think it can. I did a fairly careful frame analysis of certain scenes of Macross Frontier in HD, and it certainly looks like the intakes really do detach in the cartoon as well, and that's how it achieves its A-stance.

It does appear to have a swivel point just above the knee.

This picture from a few pages back shows a fairly close up pic of the knee in battroid.

024.jpg

You can see the swivel part right where the upper half of the leg ends. The lower part of the leg is turned a bit and is not lined up with the top half.

Edited by MacrossJunkie