Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Hello the newbie here!

Amen to that brow-, For me when I bougt my first Yamato valk the vfx 2 yf-19, and subsequentialy the new 1/60, I just felt so happy, because Its not just a toy, its something that bring me memories and fills me with joy, no matter i realy had to wait, and wait, and after that whait a little bit more, and as u said, never keep them in boxes cause I will never sell them ahahahah.

By the way, I was wondering if someone could sugest the best place to by the vf-27, I was considering amiami cause its handy, and I can tell them when to bring my goodies homme, but is it the cheapest place?

amiami probably have the cheapest online price. I guess it depends where in Japan you live as I believe actual toy/hobby shops are usually much cheaper, if you can find one locally.

Welcome to MW :)

I pre-ordered mine on amiami as they seemed to have the cheapest prices. Also their paypal service seems to be pretty painless. I used them for my Alto DX figure and I had no problems.

Oh and welcome to MW! :lol: Watch out for the haters! :lol::p:lol:

Thanks for the link with the new pictures!!!

The VF-27 is looking awesome, it will be my first DX B))

Same here!

I am a bit concerned about those elusive printed details though, they seem to come and go randomly depending on the batch of pictures...not that their absence will deter me from making the -27 my first DX really, but hopefully they will have those pad printed details.

I like how the VF-27's cannon can remain mounted on the underside while in gerwalk mode. That's a first for a valkyrie as far as I can think of. The closest I can think of is the YF-21/VF-22 where the guns can stay attached to the bay doors, but they're kind of useless in that position in gerwalk mode.

There's a VF-27 & VF-25F Tornado preview fm GA Graphix?

Look at the long beautiful front landing gear of VF-27 :)

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/014323/

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mgangu/014343/

Thanks for the links!

Regarding the VF-25, looks like they used the 1st version in this photoshoot.

Since apparently we're not getting any improvements, at least I hope it's a white VF-25F with the darker / metallic gray details of the reissue (see pic).

post-322-1265159140_thumb.jpg

edit: uploaded wrong pic, doh!

Edited by GGemini

Special prizes for the first batch of release ( B1-sized posters featuring Sheryl with VF-27γ, and Ranka with VF-25F ) The posters will be given out by stores, one each for the two DX Chogokin releases.

4315401444_7d2fdf7ff5.jpg

Images are from Tamashii Web Diary

I was wondering will they put inside the box and ship out? coz i was odering VF-27γ at online shop not buying frm the store.

4314665571_029065e80a.jpg

The VF-25 looks funny when compared side by side with the VF-27, looks like the -25 is shrugging or having a major neck and shoulder pain.

On this photo they did use the Lucifer with more printed details! the randomness is killing me! Will the final release come with them?

Edited by regult

Thanks for the welcoming Tober and logos! ^_^

When I bought the vf-19 I was surpriced by the fact that amiami was selling it cheaper than the hobbie shops, but I was already in Akiba so I just decide to buy it, but I had never try Hobbylink and all those online shops, so I was wondering, thanks for the Advice, I might stik with amiami then!

I have to be honest, I hate Breara, I think he is an arrogant son of a (female dog), but the Vf-27 is looking awesome!!!!

I asked the same question before, probably more than once. My guess is no, and nobody else seems to care. I'd personally hate to display the rifle attached and opened, gears down.

The -27 looks mucho cooler with the gun inflight...which rises the question: do we want a fugly stand?

I asked the same question before, probably more than once. My guess is no, and nobody else seems to care. I'd personally hate to display the rifle attached and opened, gears down.

The -27 looks mucho cooler with the gun inflight...which rises the question: do we want a fugly stand?

hey man, i saw your post and figure since no one answered, i tried asking it again. i was thinking that it might not come with one, just like the unarmored alto and ozma, as this one's unarmored too. if it does come with one, its gonna be a trade-off being not able to attach the rifle since odds are if they do include one, its gonna be the generic stand.

Nobody has answered about the stand, because nobody knows. It's as simple as that. It's nothing to do with caring or not. Can't answer about what is unknown.

All I can say is, I buy both Hobby Japan and Dengeki Hobby magazine every month and so far no stand has been shown in any of the hobby mag pics of the DX VF-27.

Likewise, no stand has been shown (that I know of) in any of the online pics of the DX VF-27.

I think we all want it to come with a stand, but indications are not looking too good. But who knows, Bandai may surprise us and package it with a spiffy looking Galaxy stand.

Worst case and it doesn't come with a stand, there are other options, such as the excellent FlexiStands.

I'd actually prefer it not to come with the standard SMS stand, given that the VF-27 is not part of SMS.

Graham

OK, maybe I made it sound too dramatic. I meant there is no evidence there is a stand for it (as Graham said but with more material evidence) and that nobody seems to care (because the model/toy is great and the lack of a stand will not be a deal breaker).

I would certainly like a new sleeker stand, not the standard SMS one, on one side as Graham said Brera was not part of the SMS, and in the real world, that bulky thickish stand would defeat the purpose of "sleekness inflight" displaying.

Edited by regult

OK, maybe I made it sound too dramatic. I meant there is no evidence there is a stand for it (as Graham said but with more material evidence) and that nobody seems to care (because the model/toy is great and the lack of a stand will not be a deal breaker).

I would certainly like a new sleeker stand, not the standard SMS one, on one side as Graham said Brera was not part of the SMS, and in the real world, that bulky thickish stand would defeat the purpose of "sleekness inflight" displaying.

not only sleeker but that it fits the other VF-25's, current stand stinks

Didn't they show prototype pics of the VF-27 with an SMS stand a long time ago? Or was it the model kit... (Can't remember)

If they do include a stand (for the price they're asking, they should!), it should be a huge improvement over the 25's.

If it weren't required in order to pose my VF-25 Michel valk (loose crotch + floppy mess), I'd toss the stand in the bin.

Hi Guys, I went to akihabara today, and in yodobashi camera I saw the preorder preview of the Vf-27, and It looks really awesome, like first it does not eaven look like if the same guys who did this made the vf-25, and second, it does not mention, or has any sign of it coming with a stand.

thanks for the report, it's good and bad news then! I can live without a stand, but I'd not buy another "old pervert with his pants pulled up to his armpits while shrugging" passing of as a VF.

EDIT: When you say you "saw" the "preview", do you mean the actual toy was there on display? Just wanted to make sure :lol:

Edited by regult

Hi Guys, I went to akihabara today, and in yodobashi camera I saw the preorder preview of the Vf-27, and It looks really awesome, like first it does not eaven look like if the same guys who did this made the vf-25, and second, it does not mention, or has any sign of it coming with a stand.

Sorry for insisting, did you see the actual product on display? I am asking because I want to know if it has the printed details shown in some photos, but absent in some others. Seems there are two types of samples being photographed and I hope the final production version is the one with more printed details.

Sorry for insisting, did you see the actual product on display? I am asking because I want to know if it has the printed details shown in some photos, but absent in some others. Seems there are two types of samples being photographed and I hope the final production version is the one with more printed details.

No worryes, I saw "it" it was inside a shelf, and the markings were at least not as abundant I saw might consider, sorry my picture is not good but I only had my cel-fone and to say it´s a bad quality photo is flatering.

any way here´s the pick

post-8568-1265645219_thumb.jpg

post-8568-1265645250_thumb.jpg

Well after a 3 year Hiatus, I'm back in the Macross game. Yesterday I ordered my first Frontier valks, the VF-25G Messiah Mikhail Custom, and the the VF-25F Alto Custom. I stayed up until 2 last night, reading reviews, and this board, trying to figure out which ones to get. I hope I'm happy with my choices. If I like them I'd love to finish off Skull squadron.

Edited by Crimson9

I was browsing around the amiami site and noticed they had some larger pics of the tornado packs with the markings all printed on.

Still not a fan of the tornado packs and less so of the DX attempt at the VF-25, but still, it looks a lot better to me than it did before it had all the stuff printed on.

On a side note, I take it that Bandai didn't have a showing at the most recent wonderfest? Just wondering what they have next in line with the VF-27 and Alto's VF-25+tornado looming very close. It would be really awesome if they announced a VF-171 (any variant). Besides the VF-27, that's the one I really want. Especially after Bandai has shown that they really are capable of making a decent VF with the 27.

Speaking of stands or the lack of, I went to Lost and Found toys to order some FlexiDisplay stands and found they had were shutting down the web store :(

Has anyone already spoken to them about how they plan on selling the stands since their site mentioned they wanted to focus on manufacturing?

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Speaking of stands or the lack of, I went to Lost and Found toys to order some FlexiDisplay stands and found they had were shutting down the web store sad.gif

Has anyone already spoken to them about how they plan on selling the stands since their site mentioned they wanted to focus on manufacturing?

last i heard (a few months ago) they'll be changing its name and setting up a new webstore for the stands.