Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I can deal with the hips. I want thigh swivels, more range of motion in the knees and ankles, longer nose gear, hands that don't go loose at the wrist under the weight of the gun pod, and shoulders that don't loosen quickly nor look weird due moving with the shoulder armor when the arms are put out to the sides.

So...basically, you want a Yamato VF-25 instead of Chunky Monkey 2.0?

^_^

That's what I want, although it'll be a long time before we get it, I suppose.

So...basically, you want a Yamato VF-25 instead of Chunky Monkey 2.0?

^_^

That's what I want, although it'll be a long time before we get it, I suppose.

lol there was 666 post :p

I'm beginning to think complaining about the hip placement is a knee jerk reaction to it being a DX and not any form of thought out criticism. the hips on the 27 DO NOT sit in the same place they do on the VF-25.

really, the only thing that looks off is that the crotch isn't angled out enough, and that's probably just because they didn't transform/display it properly.

vf-27-battroid.jpg

Though I never once criticized the placement of the DX VF-27's legs simply because it looks so much better than the craptastic VF-25, I couldn't quite put my finger on it till you brought this up. So I fired up a bunch of Frontier episodes to check it out, and you're right, the VF-27's legs do appear to connect higher up than the VF-25.

The DX VF-27 actually looks fairly close to the anime and may be my first DX purchase! The DX VF-25s look like a bunch of morbidly obese old men with their pants pulled up to their armpits.

The air intakes look kinda elongated on both the DX and the model. Maybe it's just the viewing angle or the way it was transformed?

EDIT: I meant second DX purchase, after the Quarter. :)

Edited by Lolicon

i know this has probably been debated before, but there seems to be no concluding answer: where does the shield go in the VF-27? I am not only wondering because there is a huge "tail" behind the DX toy, but because I don't remember seeing any "tail" in the anime.

i know this has probably been debated before, but there seems to be no concluding answer: where does the shield go in the VF-27? I am not only wondering because there is a huge "tail" behind the DX toy, but because I don't remember seeing any "tail" in the anime.

the shield sits under the tail.

Hmmm...Alto with Super Parts are out, looks like it had a tint of blue...or is it camera lighthing? And finally, the SMS logo on the stand is colored.

http://www.xl-shop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6865

It's nice to see the stand colored. Oddly, the latest Macross Quarter photos show it displayed with a flat black stand like the previous releases. I hope it ships with a painted stand like this Alto.

still looking like a morbidly fat old man with his pants pulled to his armpits...with a tint of blue!

saw it on shelves here in Hong Kong last weekend and had to pass...the VF-25VF needs a complete retooling to convince me. The VF-27 looks promising, although the "tail" cannot be magically erased or concealed like in the anime...and is kind of disturbing.

Just got mine. It looks exactly like in the pictures. Blue/greenish tint.

Can't take comparison pics atm.

*edit

The intake armor now has an extra piece inside that

Holds on better when attached. Actually all the armor

Stays on nicely even if bumped. The gun is darker too.

The shoulders on the valk are not overly tight but still tight

Out the box. I'm sure a few tranformations will change all that.

Edited by Negotiator

Not sure if this has been asked but have Bandai improved the lower leg rear armor pieces to allow better knee articulation on the movie-colored super VF-25F?

No its the same.

I'm curious if the groin lock mechanism has been changed. That's still my solitary niggle with the DX. I'm holding off on any more DX's until that issue gets addressed.

Its the same lock on the valk. Its not loose tho...for now.

Anyone know if the new color Super Pack for the VF-25F will be sold separately? I missed out on the first run, but did get an Armor Pack -- I believe I could have built and painted the 1/72 model kit in the time it took me to (mis)transform the toy. <_< Maybe it would have been easier if I didn't start in reverse; I applied the Armor Pack right out of the box on the battroid instead of fighter.

p1010040p.jpg