Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

TV Super Packs > Movie Super Packs

Seconded. While I'm happy that they have addressed the hip armors pop issues, I'm disappointed to be in the position of having to chose between secure accessories and cool looking accessories (seriously, its like they should have packaged the original releases as having "exploding battle damage feature"). I am glad that people who weren't able to get the '25F with Super Pack can now find it, but those of us who went to the trouble and expense of finding the original releases can sit back and say "Meh, I'm not too sure about the blue. I prefer the Grey". :lol:

The Tornado/Typhoon pack is definitely growing on me, can't wait to see it in action in the film. I have to say though, I'm expecting it to be another Tamashii exclusive when it gets released next year. Past practice indicates as much.

As for a V.2 '25, I'd be extremely surprised if Bandai revisited it at any point soon with major changes like sculpt and articulation points. Maybe as an anniversary thing down the road, but no time soon. I would much rather they concentrated on doing the '171 now that they have the '27 in production, especially since the '27 seems like it has had a bit more time and care spent on its design (lets hope that carries through to production). If Yamato were to take a stab at it and incorporated metal parts for key stress and joint areas i'd be all over it, but I think we all know how likely that is.

I imagine how blue the tint is will depend largely on the warmth of your lighting but I would love to see some comparison shots of movie version next to TV version.

EDIT - that request isn't directed at anyone in particular, just anyone who may own both.

Edited by jenius

I imagine how blue the tint is will depend largely on the warmth of your lighting but I would love to see some comparison shots of movie version next to TV version.

EDIT - that request isn't directed at anyone in particular, just anyone who may own both.

Here you go...

post-322-1259017216_thumb.jpg

I think it's definitely not better than the original release, but it appears that the crotch lock is a bit tighter (maybe it''s just a matter of time before it gets loose). Some details like the intakes are painted in metallic dark gray which definitely look better than the original, and the hands are also in the same color.

I'm actually thinking of selling the Super Parts since I'm not so fond of the new color "based on the movie CG" (as it's stated on the box).... :mellow:

Ugh damn you people!!

I have just gone and ordered the Alto Super (movie ver) and also an Armoured Ozma to go with my Pre order of the Quater. Which will probably lead to me getting the DX VF-27 As well.

I should have just stuck with the models but variety is the spice of life.

Hi General!

I've been thru the same as what you had. Welcome to the club ! :D

I got a feeling there's gonna be a green VF-27 release soon as well ;)

Not that crazy about the blue Super parts but I like the color direction they went with the valk. The blue tone would have been better as a gray toned white but it looks fine. What I really like is the all of the gray parts now becoming black. That is a definite step in the right direction.

Edit: Is it me or does it look like they changed the gunpod color as well? Looks more purplish like the 1/72 model and 1/100s?????

Edited by logos

Alright I just opened up my Ozma armored custom and is it just me or are the head lasers flimsy and the toy overall poorly designed? I'm finding it increasing frustrating trying to transform it straight to battroid mode. Not to mention that the manual sucks compared to Yamato manuals. The most annoying part is the head "contraption" on this damn thing. Any suggestions? <_<

It should be a very simple transformation without the armor on (like, don't need instructions simple). If you're doing things with the armor on then patience is more than just a virtue, it's a requirement.

I'm putting the armor on it afterwards, it's just the head and torso that frustrates me because I'm really afraid of breaking it, but it's sturdy. the left head laser cannons popped off not long after i took it out of the box. It'll go back in but it comes off easily.

I don't have the toy in front of me right now or anything but I don't think the head lasers are supposed to be capable of popping out. I remember people trying to angle the Alto head lasers and breaking them so you might want to check if you didn't just get a broken head laser right off the bat. The lower neck piece that slides up can be a little awkward at first but if you concentrate more on getting the chest how you want it then the rest should all work itself out fairly easily.

I'm putting the armor on it afterwards, it's just the head and torso that frustrates me because I'm really afraid of breaking it, but it's sturdy. the left head laser cannons popped off not long after i took it out of the box. It'll go back in but it comes off easily.

the actual part that pivots is fine it's the barrels that come off. They go back on and will stay on as long as I don't fiddle with it too much. The thing has ok balance once it's fully loaded and seems to be arched and doesn't stand as straight as my VF-1S. The crotch plate of the armor is a minor annoyance as well when it comes to moving the legs on it. Too bad it doesn't have articulated hands.

Pic in the new hobby mag shows the DX VF-27's beam gunpod can attach in fighter mode with the landing gear down. The gun pod barrel splits as per the anime and the front landing gear., goes between the two halves.

In fact the front landing gear is nice and long as it should be and looks far more anime accurate than the VF-25's poor excuse for a front landing gear.

Also, it looks like the trhusters on the outboard engine nacellesare also moveable to simulate thrust vectoring.

Looks like Bandai has actually been listening to complaints and the VF-27 DX seems to be a more well thought out design than the VF-25 DX.

Graham

Looks like Bandai has actually been listening to complaints and the VF-27 DX seems to be a more well thought out design than the VF-25 DX.

Graham

Glad they did, this may be my first Bandai DX Valk! Does anyone have scans of the magazine? or what magazine is it so I can check it out? By the way, noticed the Macross Frontier movie has been featured in the covers of quite a few anime magazines, but not model/toy ones...

Pic in the new hobby mag shows the DX VF-27's beam gunpod can attach in fighter mode with the landing gear down. The gun pod barrel splits as per the anime and the front landing gear., goes between the two halves.

In fact the front landing gear is nice and long as it should be and looks far more anime accurate than the VF-25's poor excuse for a front landing gear.

Also, it looks like the trhusters on the outboard engine nacellesare also moveable to simulate thrust vectoring.

Graham

I'm glad to hear they are finally putting some real effort into making these things right. I'm excited about this upcoming release of the 27.

I wonder if it will have an insert like the model has to go in between the two halves of the gun to simulate an energy charge. It's oid that this time, the model looks somewhat bad and the toy looks much better.

The model's main problem is that they made the nose cone too long for no good reason which also causes the battroid to have an strange looking extended torso.

I hope they will keep up this level of effort for the VF-171 (and EX version).

Graham

Does that mean a different team designed the VF-27? In that case, I hope Bandai will release a re-designed VF-25

Does that mean a different team designed the VF-27? In that case, I hope Bandai will release a re-designed VF-25

I think it's the same team. Just this time they probably asked Kawamori for some more input and/or reviewed the drawings more than when they worked on the VF-25.