Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I may pass on a green VF-27 kit, and buy a DX -27. Looks much better than the DX -25, and I'm still not happy with the model -25 (it looks so much better, but it still wants to come apart at every seam and just isn't up to the rigors of more than about 2 transformations)

That tornado pack VF-25F doesn't seem to have the bluish tint that the movie super pack does despite the fact that both are from the movie. What's up with that? (the question could be interpreted as either why didn't they add a blue tint to the tornado pack version or why did they add the blue tint to the super pack version)

maybe because the photos shown are of a prototype w/the older version and not the movie version, and eventually when you get the Tornado pack bundle, the VF-25 it will have the blueish tint.

I really wish Bandai, instead of producing even more DX VF-25s, developed a new V 2.0 instead: something comparable to the very promising DX VF-27 due in Feb.The VF-27 model does look wrong, besides, models can barely sustain transformations...and most important, all my other valks are 1/60

Looks like it is going to be a better attempt than the VF-25.....who am I kidding I am going to have to break down and get this. Maybe I'll get an Armored Ozama at the same time. Have to see what the cash situation is like when this comes out.

The feet look like they might actually have internal details this time as well... the connection between the toes looks like it's a round-ish nozzle shape.

I'm not gonna get my hopes too far up, but so far this is looking leaps and bounds ahead of the DX VF-25. It might be the effect of not being painted shiny yet (the dull finish looks good, I wish I could get one in those colors :lol:), but already this is making the 25 look incredibly sloppy by comparison.

Reminds me a bit of the changes between the 1/72 and 1/60 YF-19... ok, maybe not that big a change. But the crispness of the detail here doesn't even look like it was made by the same company as the 25, let alone the same design team.

Landing gear (nose) is actually in the right place!

the profile pictures are indeed very welcome, it shows how there's still clearance below the gun attached in fighter mode! and it's as anime-accurate as I dare to expect from a toy. Hoping for more pictures in Gerwalk and Battroid modes. Fighter-only is excellent, but I am a bit concerned about the crotch area in Battroid: seems it's never facing forward at the right angle.

EDIT: comparison anime/prototype

post-9400-1259743434_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1259743451_thumb.jpg

post-9400-1259743572_thumb.jpg

Edited by regult

WOW! I may have to make this my first DX and skip the kit...or maybe wait for the hopeful cannon fodder instead...not crazy about Brera's color scheme.

See, this toy shows what Bandai could've done with the 25. Hope they make a version 2 VF-25 with the improvements that are evident on the 27...better landing gear, nose cone isn't upside down, excelent leg position in fighter mode, and what appears to be more range of motion in the legs for a proper gerwalk.

Chris

See, this toy shows what Bandai could've done with the 25. Hope they make a version 2 VF-25 with the improvements that are evident on the 27...better landing gear, nose cone isn't upside down, excelent leg position in fighter mode, and what appears to be more range of motion in the legs for a proper gerwalk.

Chris

But does Bandai have the will to make a v2 VF-25? They're releasing the tornado pack from the movie for the current VF-25 <_<

Since I skipped the VF-25 DX I do want a revised version but I'm pretty skeptical :ph34r:

Now the VF-27 DX is in another league, I'll definitely get it ^_^

Am I the only one or does the VF-25F Tornado Pack remind you of (just a little bit) the VF-2SS from Macross II with an extra canon? :huh: Maybe I'm just being nostalgic. :)

vf-2ss-sap-fighter.gif

srwhotnews_ajprs09_mcftp2.jpg

Edited by logos

Am I the only one or does the VF-25F Tornado Pack remind you of (just a little bit) the VF-2SS from Macross II with an extra canon? :huh: Maybe I'm just being nostalgic. :)

Nope, you're not the only one! But I think the SAP systems works better with the VF-2SS than the Tornado Pack with the VF-25.

I just can't get used to the Tornado Pack, it's fugly IMHO!!

I think it doesn't look to bad from the side if you look at the 1/200 in the same picture.....I would like to see it without those cannons on it, would look alot better.

I thing that matbe kawamori try to link frontier to M.II

since Macross II is in the oficial chrono line of macross a lot of new question has add to us. one of that is Why the "2" of the VF-2SS? whe have the VF-14, 17, 171, 22, 19, ETC so I think that maybe kawamori is trying to make some modifications (like the Nome's earing on the Zero blue ray edition ) and the tornado pack is the link to the SAP pack.

It's okay looking but I'm not to fond of the purple/pink color used. Maybe if it was a dark grey or black it would look better, also it's too "rounded" which gives that "soft" look, maybe if the two main guns were more angular and wider it would look better.

I like it! Frontier had too much old Macross, Macross 7, Zero, and Plus elements. It missed out on Macross 2 and I'm glad they're bring it all back. We need some kind of new crew to capture amazing footage. Maybe Alto will become a coffee boy for the news anchor then be called out to fly when the pilot is sick.

Wow.. what a great story.

LOL!!!

Ok let's break it down.

The Tornado pack takes the VF-25 which has no delta wings and gives it delta wings.

The VF-0D (and VF-11MAXL too) takes something that didn't have delta wings and gives it delta wings.

Also the Tornado pack adds a twin cannon turret just like the armored Gerwalk.

post-1819-1259793509_thumb.jpg

Ok let's break it down.

The Tornado pack takes the VF-25 which has no delta wings and gives it delta wings.

The VF-0D (and VF-11MAXL too) takes something that didn't have delta wings and gives it delta wings.

Also the Tornado pack adds a twin cannon turret just like the armored Gerwalk.

post-1819-1259793509_thumb.jpg

What about those intake units at the wing tips?

The improvements on the fighter mode for the VF-27(superior to the VF-25) look great but honestly, the bulk of my complaints for the DX VF-25 were from the gerwalk and battroid modes. The lack of thigh swivel is addressed on the VF-27, but what about the limp wrists, and shoulders not moving independently of the shoulder armor much? The arms look better on the VF100's and plamo kits because they can move independently of the shoulder armor, not so on the DX. Hopefully, that and the limp wrists are rectified on the 27, the thigh swivel is a great addition.