V remake - new TV series coming to ABC

After practically every one in the United States and many parts of the world has watched Independence day; seeing a bunch of giant space ships hovering over the major cities. Every one would start running in the opposite direction.

Edited by miles316

After practically every one in the United States and many parts of the world has watched Independence day; seeing a bunch of giant space ships hovering over the major cities. Every one would start running in the opposite direction.

Ofcourse Independence Day wasn't the first to do that ;)

AFAIK the original V was (one of) the first, possibly inspired by "Childhood's End" (just something I read online ofcourse :p)

The trailer looked okay, but trailers usually do, so I'm not passing judgement yet.

I'm struggling to figure out what you're trying to say.............now my head hurts.

Who here likes Morena with the short hair every thing I have seen her in she has the short hair.

I do!! It took me a bit to get used to it but the second clip she just looked SOOOO sexy!

Chris

Earthlings never learn. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyways...the show does look promising. :) But I wonder how long will it last. :(

Its been forever since I 1st saw V when it premiered, but I remember the original series being fairly fun to watch. Who knows could be a good remake. Hell everyone bashed the new Battlestar Galactica when it was coming out, those people had to eat their own words!!

I'm struggling to figure out what you're trying to say.............now my head hurts.

Sorry I meant to say after watching independence day why would any one not panic after seeing a giant space ship floating over head.

Waiting long enough for the giant picture of a girl.

Sorry I meant to say after watching independence day why would any one not panic after seeing a giant space ship floating over head.

Waiting long enough for the giant picture of a girl.

Ooooohhhhh.....ok, gotcha.

Damn they remade this,well IMHO they will have a lot to live upto. Hell who`s gonna play Ham Tyler? Michael Ironside owned that role :D The Chrome effect aliens ships is a big contrast to the WHITE of the original. Plus Blue uniforms this time round eh. Well guess we`ll see how it fares.

I agree with those who say that they prefer the original design of the ships. The new ones look strange.

Actually, this series will probably be missing one of the best elements of the original program which was Jane Badler. (Who now lives in Australia, I would like to point out) She had the right combo of beautiful and deadly, dunno if the new chick can manage.

I wonder if we are going to keep the blatant Nazism of the original series.

I hope that the conversion process will now involve naked actresses rather than girls in bodystockings.

I hope its good.

Taksraven

Damn they remade this,well IMHO they will have a lot to live upto. Hell who`s gonna play Ham Tyler? Michael Ironside owned that role :D The Chrome effect aliens ships is a big contrast to the WHITE of the original. Plus Blue uniforms this time round eh. Well guess we`ll see how it fares.

A lot to live up to...?

As I recall, the first miniseries was good and thoughtful, the second series was, um, not as good, and the TV series wasn't very good at all.

Just watched the trailer...I think it's kind of interesting that they seem to be going for a religion analogy rather than the Nazi analogy of the first series.

Although as others have pointed out, the whole set-up is a ripoff of Childhood's End anyways. Too bad no one ever made a movie of that, although it probably wouldn't have worked as a movie...

I agree with those who say that they prefer the original design of the ships. The new ones look strange.

Actually, this series will probably be missing one of the best elements of the original program which was Jane Badler. (Who now lives in Australia, I would like to point out) She had the right combo of beautiful and deadly, dunno if the new chick can manage.

I wonder if we are going to keep the blatant Nazism of the original series.

I hope that the conversion process will now involve naked actresses rather than girls in bodystockings.

I hope its good.

Taksraven

I agree with everything you said. Moreover, what it's really missing is the "big reveal" of the aliens. I still remember that first scene where a visitor is exposed. That was pretty awesome stuff, and especially awesome for a tv miniseries back in the '80s. There was alot of great tension in the original, and I doubt they'll be able to recapture that as well in a remake. I'm hoping it'll be good.

Oh christ...here we go again. You know, I'm not a loyalist, but 2 things bug me about this. One, I am so sick of reboots and remakes. Can't these overpaid Motherf***ers think of ANYTHING original?! And 2, yeah it's cheezy and dated, but the acting CANNOT be replaced. When I was a kid (about 6-7 I think) and this was on, I about pissed myself. To this day, Diana scares the bejesus out of me. That can't be replaced. Nothing is sacred anymore. Blade Runner remake anyone?

• 2 weeks later...

Man, how the hell do you search a show called "V". Good thing I remembered Elizabeth Mitchell is going to be in this.

Anyways. This project sounds more interesting as it'll have a set beginning to end. And it'll only have 13 episodes per season. Seems like a good way to keep up quality (assuming it's good to begin with). I've always liked the idea of mapping out the whole story and sticking to it, though they still have to write it. Much like the way Brtish shows operate.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800449...=1&nid=2563

I really need some good sci-fi to fill in the void that Battlestar left. Here's hoping this is one of the shows that will do.

IIRC, didn't Michael Ironside's character use twin Ingram SMGs?

Graham

BTW...never saw the original TV/Movie of V....so I was wondering..whose the chick with the M16 supposed to be in the new series?

254yc1u.jpg

BTW...that's one humongous camera. :ph34r: