Yamato 1/60 Fan Racer

wolfx

Seems like for the absurd amount they are asking for this kit (around $30 from Yamato's Japan site before shipping) you do not even get a pilot figure or landing gears.

So, the only way to display it is to spend more money on a stand (preferably the new Yamato stand as so conveniently shown in the instructions) in flying mode without a pilot :huh:

So, the only way to display it is to spend more money on a stand (preferably the new Yamato stand as so conveniently shown in the instructions) in flying mode without a pilot :huh:

it's all a way to get you to buy more stuff. the don't give you landing gear so you're forced to buy a Yamato stand, then they don't give you a pilot so you're forced to buy a VF-1D that you can steal the hikaru figure from in order to use in this.

it's all a way to get you to buy more stuff. the don't give you landing gear so you're forced to buy a Yamato stand, then they don't give you a pilot so you're forced to buy a VF-1D that you can steal the hikaru figure from in order to use in this.

Ahhh...never thought about using the Hikaru figure from the VF-1D! But then again for those who do not have the VF-1D equals to spending more cash :lol:

Sadly, I own this thing now. It's going to take a lot of work to make it look like more than a $10 snap-kit. Perhaps we should start a "Fan Racer: How to polish a turd" build-up thread.

is there anybody making a fan racer custom yet? or simply someone that has finished one of these fan racers?

Sadly, I own this thing now. It's going to take a lot of work to make it look like more than a $10 snap-kit. Perhaps we should start a "Fan Racer: How to polish a turd" build-up thread.

That is a great idea. I will probably be comissioning a friend to pimp my Fan Racer Ride as I lack the skills at this point.

is there anybody making a fan racer custom yet? or simply someone that has finished one of these fan racers?

There is at least one very talented member here who has been planning to make one for a while. I hope he does. Even though I will have my yamato one I would still like a 1/48 version with better detail or any scale one with better detail. And with a civilian flightsuit Hikaru pilot and a Minmei to sit on his lap and a giant tuna.

Here's mine, received it last week. Got it for $60 including EMS.

Easy build, the plastic quality is like yamato toys, thick and nice molds. 1/60 Hikaru V2 and other V2 pilots fit the cockpit. Two turbines rotate when air is blown on to it, sweet. ;)

DSC_0400.jpg

Too bad, no landing gears. Will AB it tomorrow.

vic01

over the weekend i really got tempted to buy a v2 VF-1D just for the pilot figures. fortunately i didn't have much cash on me at the time and was too lazy to look for an ATM.

i'm holding out in the hope that someone will make 1/60 figures to go with this kit (paging petar..), or perhaps recast.

if someone is willing to sell their VF-1D figures, PM me.

i'm also wondering, are pilot figures also covered in yamato's replacement program?

• 2 months later...
I'm getting mine this weekend.

GREAT!!! i got mine but have not started work it yet.....you don't mind letting me know what color you'll be using on the fac racer do you?

I've posted a question to the peeps here...but it seems like no one has gotten it done yet.....

Can't wait to see your progress pics....

:unsure:

No stickers no landing gears and no pilot!!

The two turbines rotate when you blow air and the cockpit opens.

I'm glad I bought it ^_^

I am having an associate grab one for me on the trip to Japan. I don't know what I'm thinking spending this kind of money on this. But it is too cool and I LOVE Hikaru!

:unsure:

I am having an associate grab one for me on the trip to Japan. I don't know what I'm thinking spending this kind of money on this. But it is too cool and I LOVE Hikaru!

Here they are selling $50 for this little kit.

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool! Thanks for sharing!

I hate it when "Arimmage iminant" :lol:

I was waiting for someone to do that. I even thought about it. In 1/200 scale it would only be about 5cm across! - MT

Hi there !

EXO shows me the way, and as I see, my friend has posted my dioramas here ;)

You can check the other page here on MW where I posted all the stuff about those Fan Racer, including a step by step :lol:

Diorama landing

Diorama crashed

Fan Racer step by step

To answer to your question, it's 12inch x 12inch for the base, x 14 inch tall