Iron Man 2 (Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow!)

EXO

Saw this in IMAX this past weekend.

Very entertaining film. The action was great but I felt like they could have squeezed one more fight in there somewhere. The banter between Potts and Stark was almost too much in some parts but overall fun stuff.

And Scarlett Johansson is a goddess. I would kill you all (twice) to drink her bathwater.

Saw this in IMAX this past weekend.

Very entertaining film. The action was great but I felt like they could have squeezed one more fight in there somewhere. The banter between Potts and Stark was almost too much in some parts but overall fun stuff.

And Scarlett Johansson is a goddess. I would kill you all (twice) to drink her bathwater.

The fight with Mecha-Whiplash at the end was woefully short, especially when the fight with all the Hammeroids was so kick ACII and especially when compared to the fight with Iron Monger. Heck, all of Tony's fights with Whiplash were short. Poor guy never even got a chance, especially with all the build up of his character at the beginning.

But, then, the Mk II vs. Mk IV fight was 150% awesomeness, so I guess that makes up for it.

And agreed on Scarlett.

Edited by Vostok 7

The only problem with the action is that it is stated at the beginning that Stark has basically made world peace. So from the get go there really isn't too much for him to go against until Rhody takes the Armor, and the Hammeroids at the end. I wish there was another but it would be hard to place it into the story, the end fight yes could have been much longer.

To me, all of the fight scenes in 2 were better than all the fight scenes in the first one. Not being a comic person, I don't know where they will go from here...is Iron Man an Avenger in the comic books? I realize that's probably a few pages long answer when it comes to comics.

Saw it at the local drive-in last night! It's a mecha otaku's wet dream!

post-1561-127458384432_thumb.jpg

WAR MACHINE totally rocked. I could have watched him and tin head duke it out with the Hammer-Droids for a whole additional 30 minutes.

Is anyone collecting any of the toys? I've been trying to limit myself to just Transformers (and even then, I've been trying to stick to just Classics/Universe/Generations and none of the Bayformers), but there's something about collecting a bunch of different Iron Man suits that resonates me. I'm thinking about grabbing a few of the 3.75" figs...

Yeah I do but only the Hot Toys version......when funds permit.

The Hot Toys are nice, but too big and expensive for my tastes.

I picked up two of the Hasbro 3.75" figures... Iron Man Mark VI (not the glowy one) and War Machine (the movie one, not the comic book one). On the plus side, they're pretty detailed, including some numbers painted onto War Machine's armor. I also like that they come with a stand and a card (well, cards that, when stacked together, make one card) that fits into the stand as well. They make good display pieces, especially for what I'd want (to display them in a sort of Hall of Armor fashion, like Tony Stark might).

On the negative side, they're not particularly poseable. The knees and elbows on both figures bend about 90 degrees. The ankles seem to be ball joints, but mobility is limited. The wrists rotate. The neck rotates, but in that "I'm looking down and sticking my neck forward" kind of way that means you're not turning them to look toward the side as much as you're turning their heads upside down. Shoulders can rotate forward or backward as well as move out to the side, but only until about shoulder height. They can both turn and pivot a bit where the chest meets the abdomen. The biggest disappointment is the hips. They look like big ball joints, but mobility is very limited. Iron Man can't sit or kick. He can basically decide if he wants to keep his feet close together, or if he wants to spread them to about the length of his base.

In short, they make decent display pieces, but they're not terribly fun to play with or make cool poses out of. $7 is kind of pushing it for these guys, but I have a feeling I'll end up buying a few more.

I've got some of the toys, they're not bad at all. I've got the hall of armor deals or whatever. I got a mark VI and a mark IV for my girlfriend and I, and then I bought one of those odd little statue deals where you can move his arms and knees and take the face plate off....but whatever you do, DO NOT move the ankles....I broke one. One of them slightly bends, the other did not. So i had to buy some crazy glue to fix it. And then I fixed the eyes cause they were not the right color...they're painted red and t hey should honestly be white.

Saw it, liked it, my criticisms pretty much match every body elses here. BUT there was one scene in the boxing ring where I got a clear look at Favreau's moobs and I nearly lost my lunch.

Saw the trailer for Inception for the first time. REALLY liked the look of it. Can't say I had heard anything about it. Reminded me a LOT of Dark City, and that has to be a good thing.

Taksraven

I liked "Dark City" as well. It kinda suprised me that the actor who played the lead character went on to star in the ill-fated television series The Eleventh Hour. I have yet to see either Iron Man film, so I'm going to hold comments to myself until I do.

• 3 months later...

for the 3 3/4" line, they have a target exclusive armored assault set with whiplash, suitcase armor iron man, and sea assault drone. looks pretty cool and anyone find whiplash on the single card?

when is black widow coming out?

Does anyone hate that they used the suitcase suit as the main cover for the bluray as much as I do? Damn I hate that cover.

I don't really like it... I think the Mark IV Iron Man with War Machine standing at his back looked better. But the suitcase armor has a pretty distinctive look, and it does sort of set it apart from the Iron Man 1 cover.

• 1 month later...

Okay, who here would love to have this Iron Man costume? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ASE_mRXXH8

That was so me!!! My Mother is a fashion designer, her work is amazing, she is actually taking in my Tux today, she is better than any tailor and can design anything I have ever asked for, HOWEVER she is Belgian... She doesn't know what the fuk Halloween is. So when I was a kid, she would do the WORST job. EVERYTHING she ever did was completely half baked.