Iron Man 2 (Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow!)

EXO

well, the mk III is just a materials change and a new paint job on the mk II and it still got it's own designation, the suitcase is unlike any of the other Iron Man suits, the mk V designation makes perfect sense.

I don't really see the suit case suit as a full suit but more of a portable on the go version. Or like a IV.5

well Marvel, Hasbro and the people who made the movie all consider it a full suit so yeah... :unsure:

Opinion overruled :p

This movie blows...

me out of the water! haha.

The final fights were too quick but otherwise delivers in the action you expect. Also considering Marvel forced Favreau and co. for a 2010 realease instead of the 2011 they really wanted, I'd say they really pulled it off. Saw it twice already, there was a double screening with the original movie last night and then saw it with friends this morning as originally planned.

Coolest Iron Man song ever is still the 2nd season intro of Fox Kids's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFMh1jClsY&NR=1

(seriously, were Saturday morning cartoons ever better than when Fox Kids did their Marvel comics shows in the mid-90's? X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man...)

(seriously, were Saturday morning cartoons ever better than when Fox Kids did their Marvel comics shows in the mid-90's? X-Men, Spider-Man, Iron Man...)

I actually still sing that theme when ever i see Ironman,classic, I have all the spiderman 90's seasons aswell,still the best marvel cartoons there is.

Loved it! Loved it! Loved it! Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man. That's it & no one else. The movie franchise should end with RDJR and I don't want to see any re-casts like what Sony is doing to Tobey.

The movie is excellent; some of the fights are little too quick but the pacing of the movie is great. Great dialogue.

They kinda adapted a few storlines from the comic but tweeked them for the movie. Loved it.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Thought it was great and a fitting extension of the first film. My strongest feeling going out of the theater though wasn't Iron Man-related, it was, "I want a Black Widow movie starring ScarJo!" :p

Best Scene.........

Tony drunk at his party in the suit, and then whipping Rhody ass while drunk is without a doubt the best part of the film. Finally a little bit of drunk Tony....

Good god do I love that song!

And, no, you can't beat the 90's Marvel shows (although Sensational Spiderman was nice).

Best scene for me was the

son and dad moment when he was reviewing the reels, he finds out that they're so similar after all...

And I missed the end-credits crap :( ... (saw it on yt later), hate movies that do that , considering I've been holding my urine from the gallon drum of coke for the past 60 minutes <_< ...

Best scene for me was the

son and dad moment when he was reviewing the reels, he finds out that they're so similar after all...

And I missed the end-credits crap :( ... (saw it on yt later), hate movies that do that , considering I've been holding my urine from the gallon drum of coke for the past 60 minutes <_< ...

yeah, that was easily the heart of the movie but I thought it just got diluted with all the other story lines. I think they just cut too much stuff out to get a shorter run time. I really think the stuff with Pepper would have been better if they had kept all the flirty stuff that was shown in the trailers

A question I'm asked a lot is "Mister Stark, how do you go to the bathroom when Ironman? ...............................................like that. WOOOH!"

Personally did not really like it, but oh well, sequels are like that. I thought it was more boring than most films I've seen lately, but it was a step up from Revenge of the Fallen at least.

I'm probably, against better financial judgment, going to buy the Hot Toys War Machine, all 3 new Iron Man iterations... and if I had the cash and if Hot Toys made them get the whip plash armor and 8 of each Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Hammer Drones.... oh man... that would be a major display!

Just saw it, I rather liked it, some parts where getting abit slow but it picks up pretty well. Lots of 'Avengers' references and the action is excellent,altho the fight scenes where short they were pulled off really well. id probably give it 3 1/2 out of 5.

I'm probably, against better financial judgment, going to buy the Hot Toys War Machine, all 3 new Iron Man iterations... and if I had the cash and if Hot Toys made them get the whip plash armor and 8 of each Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Hammer Drones.... oh man... that would be a major display!

+1

Geeky Avanger foreshadowing/nice touches people are talking about:

Towards the end, when Stark is sat in the room waiting for Fury, there is a news report of the Campus attack (as in the Hulk). Remember IM2 takes place before the new Hulk film.

Also, when Nick Fury is debriefing Tony Stark at the end of the film there is a map on the wall, with certain "tactical" locations marked with shield locations. People say these are California, New Mexico, the middle of the South Atlantic, the coast of Greenland, Norway or (North Germany) and Central Africa. Most of these can be associated with different Avengers like Thor, Namor, Captain America and Black Panther, or with Cap's nazi enemies (Zemo, Red Skull).

Maybe there is more than one version of it. The one on his desk in the first movie seemed more complete than the one in the chest. Or to be more realistic the filmmaker really just wanted you to see it this time as opposed to being an easter egg last time so they screwed continuity to show it off more this time around.

Maybe there is more than one version of it. The one on his desk in the first movie seemed more complete than the one in the chest. Or to be more realistic the filmmaker really just wanted you to see it this time as opposed to being an easter egg last time so they screwed continuity to show it off more this time around.

oh well, maybe old man stark was working on the super soldier program too. <shrug>

Would make sense since they said that he is

a founding member of SHIELD

. Probably been working on it for a long time. His shield just wasn't complete.

would have been nice if it had been the old non adamantium kite shield

So, maybe I missed it, but were there any more hints towards the Mandarin in IM2?

Thought about it the next day after seeing it. The first one had them but this time nothing.

Hammer looks like he will return; so maybe he teams up with the terrorists/Mandarin in IM3. No more military contracts after his fuuckup could make him turn to more risky clients.

+1

Geeky Avanger foreshadowing/nice touches people are talking about:

Towards the end, when Stark is sat in the room waiting for Fury, there is a news report of the Campus attack (as in the Hulk). Remember IM2 takes place before the new Hulk film.

Also, when Nick Fury is debriefing Tony Stark at the end of the film there is a map on the wall, with certain "tactical" locations marked with shield locations. People say these are California, New Mexico, the middle of the South Atlantic, the coast of Greenland, Norway or (North Germany) and Central Africa. Most of these can be associated with different Avengers like Thor, Namor, Captain America and Black Panther, or with Cap's nazi enemies (Zemo, Red Skull).

Don't forget the

post credits reveal of Mjolnir

As for the shield, my take was that it was a prototype or test model given that it looked like a cutaway showing the different layers/elements.

All-in-all, not as good as the first movie - I think they almost had too many plot elements in here to give any one of them the full time it deserved - but still very fun and it left me wanting another one.