DX EX-Gear Toy Thread

edwin3060

Curiousity: Does bandai use racheting joints or regular ball joints?

They don't use either exclusively, which is to say that they use both.

As far as this toy is concerned, we have no idea what the joints will be like yet.

Edited by eriku

I wish I had more money...

so much good stuff, so little money. I want this, but Overdrive has the OD tomahawk for almost the same price... then there's the sheryl figure coming out...TO MANY CHOICES!!! CAN'T TAKE THE PRESSURE!!!

*dies of head 'splody*

IF they release an Ozma, I'd probably display him just in his flight suit, holding his helmet in his hand (if the face sculpt is good), not wearing the Ex-Gear, as I think we only see Ozma using Ex-Gear once in the series.

Graham

Most likely, it is a matter of time for Bandai to release the entire SMS members, except maybe Pixie Squad because there is not much gimmick to its uniform...or maybe they'll do a Superpack Klan?!

Was Sheryl wearing Luca's student/civilian EXGear in that panty chase? in that case, we may also get the three boys in school attire?

And then there is the Macross F movie version coming out this year. So much to speculate about...

IF they release an Ozma, I'd probably display him just in his flight suit, holding his helmet in his hand (if the face sculpt is good), not wearing the Ex-Gear, as I think we only see Ozma using Ex-Gear once in the series.

Graham

I don't recall them ever showing Ozma wearing an Ex-Gear. Which episode was that?

Edited by Ivan

I don't recall them ever showing Ozma wearing an Ex-Gear. Which episode was that?

I may be remembering wrongly, but I seem to recall an episode after Mac Quarter went pirate and Ozma and Cathy were exploring a wreck?????

Graham

It would be awesome if Sheryl comes next to create the scene from Episode 8, flying into the sunset.

But to be anime accurate, Sheryl would have to come in a skimpy purple mini, with optional panties and a little green Vajra :)

Pete

Looking good! Does that helmet fit right on the face sculpt? Or the normal head swap... >>

I'd put money on it being a case of removing the ponytail from the back of the head and the mask coming in 2 halves that fit over the head like the CMs figures.

A fast description for ArmorPlus, Bandai-Tamashii new toy line:

"Tamashii Nations new ARMORPLUS series incorporates the accessorization of the Saint Cloth Myth Series, the style and

articulation of the S.H. Figuarts series, as well as the precision of the Tamashii SPEC series. Featuring composite metal and resin

for unsurpassed balance, as well as realistic gimmicks; this 17cm figure series aims to satisfy the discerning action figure collector."

http://english.tamashii.jp/item/category22...407cc44f558c687

The price is good enough for me If diecast parts are present on Alto´s Ex-gear :wub:

• 2 months later...

The Alto Ex-Gear is out in Hong Kong already. Current price is around HK$530 (US$68). The box has a flap that can be flipped open to reveal the toy inside. The figure itself is about the same size as that of the Saint Cloth Myth line. The Exo-gear is broken up into many small parts (reminds me of the VF-100 line). People here in Hong Kong don't seem too excited about the release, probably because of the steep price. Still, I am surprised that there aren't any out of package pics yet.

I have a feeling that we will hear a lot of complaints about this toy from MW'ers, which is typical anyway :lol:

Graham, have you got yours yet?

Edited by Ivan

The Alto Ex-Gear is out in Hong Kong already. Current price is around HK$530 (US$68). The box has a flap that can be flipped open to reveal the toy inside. The figure itself is about the same size as that of the Saint Cloth Myth line. The Exo-gear is broken up into many small parts (reminds me of the VF-100 line). People here in Hong Kong don't seem too excited about the release, probably because of the steep price. Still, I am surprised that there aren't any out of package pics yet.

I have a feeling that we will hear a lot of complaints about this toy from MW'ers, which is typical anyway :lol:

Graham, have you got yours yet?

I am in Hong Kong and I am excited, only I didn't have time to go check it out. Seems you didn't buy one either? maybe ffgj or Graham will soon show up with theirs. I'd love to get mine, despite the steep price which hopefully will drop in the next few weeks, but really too busy for toy hunting these days...and the heat, can't stand this weather!

I am in Hong Kong and I am excited, only I didn't have time to go check it out. Seems you didn't buy one either? maybe ffgj or Graham will soon show up with theirs. I'd love to get mine, despite the steep price which hopefully will drop in the next few weeks, but really too busy for toy hunting these days...and the heat, can't stand this weather!

Yeah, I decided to wait a bit and see if price will drop later on. I saved HK$200 by waiting several weeks before purchasing the full armor Ozma. The first batch of Ex-Gear Alto that are being sold now are from Bandai Japan. Let's hope Bandai Asia will release an Asian version (essentially the same thing but for different markets) so that the price will become more affordable. And I agree, the weather really sucks!