DX EX-Gear Toy Thread

edwin3060

I completely skipped over this as frontier bored me so much it killed my interest in the toy news but it was the one thing from the show I really wanted as a toy and Bandai seem to have gone the whole hog on it so I just ordered one from ami ami.

Pity they don't seem to want to do any more, then again the Tekkaman has only just come out so who knows.

Completely off topic but if Bandai had the Iron Man licence they could do a truly amazing figure based on what they did with this. :D

Edited by Fort Max

I wonder how long will we have to wait till the next Frontier figure of the series...Sheryl wore the civilian version, so I am not sure that'll be the next best bet. It's easier for Bandai to go with the other pilots, and judging by the pattern, Alto is usually followed by Michel.

even if they don't do the other characters in Armor Plus Ex-Gear format, they should make them for the SHFiguarts Origin line (non Kamen Rider) since that's what the base Alto figure actually is.

Sheryl in flightsuit would be a prime candidate though for another exclusive... <_<

Edited by m0n5t3r

I completely skipped over this as frontier bored me so much it killed my interest in the toy news but it was the one thing from the show I really wanted as a toy and Bandai seem to have gone the whole hog on it so I just ordered one from ami ami.

Pity they don't seem to want to do any more, then again the Tekkaman has only just come out so who knows.

Completely off topic but if Bandai had the Iron Man licence they could do a truly amazing figure based on what they did with this. :D

Hot Toys has the Iron Man (movie) license, and trust me, their name is well deserved.

• 2 weeks later...

Doesn't look like anyone's still talking about this but whatever. :p

Got mine today and I love it, at first I found it a bit fiddly and was surprised that none of the reviews I'd seen had touched on this but once you've done it it becomes much easier from the second go and onwards. Everything (bar the sodding crotch armour) locks nicely into place and the quality is evident throughout.

Even the cockpit mode was both easier to achieve and sturdier then I was expecting.

You get a ton of bits and a bajillion hands for your money as well as a nice stand so it's a great value piece of toy. :D

The only quibbles I have are the aforementioned crotch armour which pops off at the slightest provocation and is so badly designed that it doesn't even feel like it was made by the same people. Also the armours feet have rollers in them which don't roll, be nice if they did. There was something else but I've forgotten it in the time it took to gripe about the stupid crotch armour.

It's just a shame they aren't going to do any more.

Edited by Fort Max

Just in case people missed it, there IS a lock to the crotch armor (it still comes off, but just not as easily) other than the pin on the bottom half - there's a lip on the top of it that's designed to grasp the belt-line crease on Alto's body. Hook the top of the crotch in and then press the pin lock and it holds on MUCH better.

Not to say it's perfect, as moving the figure around that much will dislodge the lip, but at least it should prevent the thing from falling off if you breathe on it.

Just in case people missed it, there IS a lock to the crotch armor (it still comes off, but just not as easily) other than the pin on the bottom half - there's a lip on the top of it that's designed to grasp the belt-line crease on Alto's body. Hook the top of the crotch in and then press the pin lock and it holds on MUCH better.

Not to say it's perfect, as moving the figure around that much will dislodge the lip, but at least it should prevent the thing from falling off if you breathe on it.

Lol, I was using that, the pin it connects to at that bottom doesn't have enough friction to keep it on.

Thanks for the tip QJ!

Fort Max. How do you know they're not going to make anymore?

Well I don't know for certain but given how quickly Bandai churns things out I'd say if they were going to make more they'd have done so by now.

It's just an educated assumption though. :)

• 3 months later...

I've recently seen these heavily discounted here in Hong Kong. 50% cheaper than what I paid when it was first released.

Graham

i was there a couple of months ago and i already saw a shop with a 5 ft. high stack of these selling for HK$300 each. that's some serious overstock. it seems everybody who wanted one bought theirs the first few months it was out. i'm still hoping we'll see the other characters in ArmorPlus or at least in SHF form.

i was there a couple of months ago and i already saw a shop with a 5 ft. high stack of these selling for HK$300 each. that's some serious overstock. it seems everybody who wanted one bought theirs the first few months it was out. i'm still hoping we'll see the other characters in ArmorPlus or at least in SHF form.

I agree they're piling up, but I don't think it was left over stock from the first batch that arrived in HK, I remember clearly they were nowhere to be seen few weeks after initial release and then suddenly popped up by the stacks earlier this year, at cheaper prices too...

I waited until last week to snatch one up, I paid $50.00 including shipping - what a bargin!!

Alto arrived yesterday and I was really surprised, in a good way. Intially I thought the figure was a little small but once you get Alto armoured up its a decent sized figure.

I really hope Bandai make a few more figures!!

Edited by typhoon

• 1 year later...