Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

I don't know if this will work for everyone but I heated the hip armour of my Michel with a hair-dryer and squeezed them together a little.

They don't cling like a Ho to a pimp but they hold on much better than before. I can transform it now without them falling off.

Edited by Alex

Gosh this unlucky guy's luca had "004" markings on both shoulders,

instead of "SMS" and "004" on each shoulder.

what a shame :(

WTF bandai

Good catch.

Crap! They're all like that.

Look at the ones from other links posted in this thread. They have 004 on both shoulders as well >.<

http://lange.exblog.jp/8118495/

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-90392-2-1.html

EDIT: LOL, it's right there on the box art too!

EDIT Part 2: Ok, I can see how that came about. Look at the large view of battroid on the M3 site. Macross Mecha Manual link

It shows 004 on both shoulders. Whereas the one with super packs has it correct with the "SMS" on the left shoulder.

M3 link to RVF with Super Packs

Edited by MacrossJunkie

My 25G arrived today. I haven't had time to go through all of the accessories (still haven't gotten to the sniper rifle or the included stand). Initially, I'm quite pleased. The toy has a very solid feel to it and is a real eye-grabber when you're in the room with it. The heft and large size give it a very solid feeling in the hands. This reminds me a lot of my jetfire from when I was a kid, although I'm remembering now that I had a broken piece on the first day of owning that.

Some initial reactions and data-points to the implicit survey we've been taking among 25G owners:

• There are two different colors of blue used on the toy without accounting for the armor. I would definitely have noticed this even if I hadn't seen it discussed on the forum, but it's not bothering me.
  • Everything locks together fairly well in fighter mode. The one place where I have to keep pushing things back together is the connection of the arms to the backplate that forms the dorsal edge in fighter mode. The left arm keeps coming unplugged.
  • No problems with the groin connection in battroid mode. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised that the crotch area looks more proportional in person than in the pictures. Seeing mine in person makes me think that some of the pictures exaggerate the size of this area, almost like the battroid has its hips thrust out like it's proud of all the weight it's lost or it's new pair of high water pants or something.
  • The printing is pretty good -- no scapes or lost paint after a transformation to battroid and back.
  • The shoulders are okay, but the left shoulder connection from the intermediate shoulder piece (the one with the five vents or holes) to the arm is a bit tight. I'm wondering whether to loosen the screw on the back of the white piece, but I'm not attempting anything like that for now.
  • The hip armor is flimsy. Here's a more complete description of the hip armor situation -- excuse me if someone has already written this up in detail. The hip armor uses tension between two points to stay attached, as far as I can tell. On the outside of the hip, a tiny tab fits into the bottom of the ball joint between the leg and the machine gun / hip binder (I suppose, however, that this is more gundamn than Macross vocabulary). On the inside of the leg, there is another tiny tab that fits into a similarly tiny depression slightly aft of the metal ball joint connector between the leg and the groin. The tension exerted by the piece is just enough so that the little tabs stay in. I've only added the armor in fighter mode so far and it's fallen off a few times in the few minutes I've had it on.
  • The rest of the armor was easy to add, but I haven't taken it off yet. I could see the missile pods requiring extra attention to remove without putting stress on the tiny ball joint or the cross piece that it's connected to.
  • The armor looks awesome, but I think it's going to be a pain to transform this thing with the armor on. I don't think I'll be attemping that until I can transform it from fighter mode to battroid and back with my eyes closed, Forest Gump style.
  • The one let down for me that I saw coming is that this toy, in my opnin, does not do Gerwalk mode terribly well. The leg motion is limited, and the gamu review shows that you can get the toy into some decent Gerwalk mode poses, but poses like the one in Macross Plus (crossing the streams, I know) where Isamu is in Gerwalk mode (I don't remember if he's in an 11B or the 19) and the limbs are splayed out dramatically as Guld is pushing him into the ground are out of reach. Hopefully when my real valkyrie arrives, it will be able to attain these poses.

That's about it for now. Overall, I'm pretty pleased, but as I've said before, this is my first variable Macross toy since childhood, and I'm in the honeymoon phase with it now. That said, I read this thread quite a bit before my purchase so I think I had fairly realistic expectations when I decided to make the purchase.

Bandai is mailing out the VF-25F Super Pack

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthre...%3D1&page=2

Wow it looks great I like the color scheme... Still I only know one website that carries it atm and they're charging 100 before shipping... I only have so much to spend atm so its either this now or wait and get the rvf 25 later...

Hey, so have most of you pre-ordered the Ozma custom VF-25S with the wicked armor pack? The first time I saw it on the animated show, I was like, "oh sh**, they're gonna actually produce an action figure out of that?"

And then BAM! Pre-ordered, and my wife doesn't know it yet. Damn, I feel like I'm cheating on her. This is worse than going to a strip club. Heh.

Wow... a mixed day of good and bad news!

Good catch honkhet! You have sharp eyes! Just goes to show that even with tens or hundreds or thousands of people looking at the same picture, some mistakes can still slip by! I don't think we can entirely blame Bandai for this though, because of the render that shows 004 on both shoulders-- the CG team for the show is responsible for this mistake. Still, I guess Bandai could have double checked and maybe sorted this out. Are the Michael shoulders 003 on both sides as well or are they fine?

Alex: Thanks for the suggested fix. I will try it on my Alto Super parts if they are loose.

Super parts release: Finally! And on the last day of March too. I can't wait to get my Super parts! It looks great.

Armoured VF-25S: Looking great so far! Is this the one with the fixed neck, because the 3rd and 5th pictures don't look like turtleheads to me. The shoulder plate armour looks like it will restrict some shoulder poseability, although I guess you could just flip it out of the way. Nice to know that all the missile launchers can be flipped open! Maybe we can finally get an accurate missile count, just like how the Super parts missile pods were found to have 15 instead of 21 missiles like we all thought. Finally, doesn't look like there are provisions for reaction missiles, although I guess maybe Bandai is leaving the door open to a Tamashii exclusive reaction missiles with new wing pods that accommodate them ^_^

Edit: I just realized that my 1/72 RVF-25 model kit has the correct shoulder decals/stickers i.e. SMS on left and 004 on right. This just makes the problem with the toy more inexcusable! I wish the model kit division and toy division of Bandai talked to each other more.

Edited by edwin3060

But isn't the toy super part missile count different from the model kit super part model count?

That's true! Ah well we'll have to wait for the VF-25S Armoured model kit then. I'd be inclined to trust the model kit over the toy since the model kit actually provides a manual with data and a breakdown of missile types (for the Super pack anyway)---and the toy has already been shown to have inaccuracies.

Pete: Yes there are, but they are more or less the same as the hobby show pictures. No painted prototypes yet.

Edited by edwin3060

Actually, I just realised something--- I thought both the Alto and Ozma Super parts would be released together? What happened to the Ozma Super parts then?

In the first link there is a pick of them both together, Omza in a white box with black lettering.

The first review I've found

Alto Saotome VF-25F Super Parts

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/type97/20090331

superpartsvf25fdx.jpg

Noticed in the pick from the review that the super packs come with a stand (bottom of the packaging). That's makes the price tag look alot better! Think I will finally have to order a 25 during the rerelease in the coming months.

Some clear photos for the prototype DX VF-25S Armor from GA Graphric report - TAMASHII NATION(魂ネイション)2009.

03.jpg

http://ga.sbcr.jp/mreport/012638/index.html#01

I wonder if Bandai has made improvements to the neck to make it a tad bit taller. Looks good...

Also I wanted to ask, even though right now money is kind a tight,..... the main valks from frontier are almost done, Alto, Luca, Michel, Ozma and their respective armors and full armored packs and the Quarter. Any speculation as to which is coming further down the line for the DX line, the VF-27 or maybe the VF-171???

Edited by Hikaru VF-1S

I wonder if Bandai has made improvements to the neck to make it a tad bit taller. Looks good...

Also I wanted to ask, even though right now money is kind a tight,..... the main valks from frontier are almost done, Alto, Luca, Michel, Ozma and their respective armors and full armored packs and the Quarter. Any speculation as to which is coming further down the line for the DX line, the VF-27 or maybe the VF-171???

The Full Armor Ozama is supposed to be out in June, and supposedly the movie will be around the same time. I wouldn't be surprised if after the Full Armor Ozama Bandai just starts resculpting for the movie (whatever that entails) rather than working on a VF-27 or -171.

Vostok 7

I think some people are hoping for resculpts because they don't like the dimensions of the current toy and want Bandai to take another crack at it. As popular as the DX has been in general though it's hard for me to imagine Bandai seeing much incentive to do that. I'd like to see certain areas retooled, like the groin peg, but overall I actually really like how the DX looks.

NSJ23: Thanks-- just saw some pics of the VF-25S Super on SGCollection forums. It looks great!

Vostok7: MF Movie has been postphoned to at least September, so there may be one more cycle of toy releases before the movie! Hopefully they will do both the VF-27 and VF-171.

NSJ23: Thanks-- just saw some pics of the VF-25S Super on SGCollection forums. It looks great!

Vostok7: MF Movie has been postphoned to at least September, so there may be one more cycle of toy releases before the movie! Hopefully they will do both the VF-27 and VF-171.

Well, if that's the case then hopefully they will get to the VF-27 and VF-171 after the Quarter is done. I certainly wouldn't mind having a VF-171EX Super Nightmare Plus in my collection ^_^

Vostok 7

I think some people are hoping for resculpts because they don't like the dimensions of the current toy and want Bandai to take another crack at it. As popular as the DX has been in general though it's hard for me to imagine Bandai seeing much incentive to do that. I'd like to see certain areas retooled, like the groin peg, but overall I actually really like how the DX looks.

I gave up on the idea of an entire resculpt back when the first resin shots were posted... all I'm hoping for are some fixes and easy refinements. We've already seen that it's possible to have the legs positioned correctly in fighter mode, I'm just hoping for a mold change to make that a reality and not just a work around.

The other stuff I can learn to live.

I gave up on the idea of an entire resculpt back when the first resin shots were posted... all I'm hoping for are some fixes and easy refinements. We've already seen that it's possible to have the legs positioned correctly in fighter mode, I'm just hoping for a mold change to make that a reality and not just a work around.

I agree that there are some "fixes and easy refinements" that can be made for the current DX line to be better. I don't think its farfetched to ask it to be improve and not a total rescuplt.

I can not afford any of these at this point but I know that I do want at least one VF-25 toy and I am having trouble deciding which one I like best. I like the supers a lot. But Ozma and Altos supers are not available execpt for some crazy hoop jumping and insane prices right? The Luca was going to be my only VF-25 but the off colors are too off in my taste so maybe my only choice is the michael which is very nice looking. Or wait for the Armored Ozma but that will probably be like $300 huh? (just guessing).

Will there be a super ozma and or alto coming later?

I'm in the same boat as you. :( If they'd just do that, I'd happily buy one.

-Kyp

I can not afford any of these at this point but I know that I do want at least one VF-25 toy and I am having trouble deciding which one I like best. I like the supers a lot. But Ozma and Altos supers are not available execpt for some crazy hoop jumping and insane prices right? The Luca was going to be my only VF-25 but the off colors are too off in my taste so maybe my only choice is the michael which is very nice looking. Or wait for the Armored Ozma but that will probably be like $300 huh? (just guessing).

More than likely they will re-release the Alto and the Ozma with super packs.

The Full Armor Ozma is going to be 18000 yen. We've known that for awhile now, it's been on pre-order at HLJ for some time.

The wings would be the logical next fix, since Bandai has already indicated that they are aware about the issue and it seems to be the biggest bugbear of the Japanese DX toy buyers.

What's wrong with the wings?

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

'

I've pre-ordered the DX Luca and Michel. I haven't gotten them yet. If you want to get one, I think you should wait and get the Full Armor Ozma. I'm not too fond with the whole exclusive items especially the Full Armor for Alto. I like it better if it was in a bunde thats just me :) As for Super Ozma and Alto, I dont know. Just wait and see what happens....