Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

Thanks guys. Actually 18000 JPY looks pretty decent at about $182. Then shipping will be like $30ish? That sounds decent. Maybe I will wait for that. But I really cant wait to see how the armored ozma looks in fighter mode colored. The clear prototype makes it difficult for me to get an overall idea of how good the sculpt will be.

What's wrong with the wings?

Vostok 7

Not only do the wings have a dihedral starting at the wing glove root, but the wings themselves are curved upwards instead of being straight like they are supposed to be. Not a deal killer for me, but someone posted here that this was the biggest issue the Japanese fans had.

If I had to get only 1 DX, I would go for the Ozma Armoured Bundle, no doubt. Of course, that's because the VF-27 is not available :p

Not only do the wings have a dihedral starting at the wing glove root, but the wings themselves are curved upwards instead of being straight like they are supposed to be. Not a deal killer for me, but someone posted here that this was the biggest issue the Japanese fans had.

If I had to get only 1 DX, I would go for the Ozma Armoured Bundle, no doubt. Of course, that's because the VF-27 is not available :p

I thought the upward curve was lineart accurate?

Vostok 7

Technically he did say 'lineart', but point taken. Correct or not, the curved wings on the DX never bothered me. Actually when I first saw them I thought, "Oooh, curved wings! That's new for a valk, isn't it?" :lol:

Well, it's the same thing considering that screen shot was taken from the 1st episode. :p I guess this means that only the 1/100 version has the wings anime accurate.

-Kyp

So the anime shows the wings being straight, but side lineart shows the wings decidedly angling upwards.

I thought this was discussed in one of the earlier DX threads and it was determined that angled/curved wings were "correct", if not anime correct, it's at least they way the Hoary Froating Head wanted them.

Vostok 7

Gosh this unlucky guy's luca had "004" markings on both shoulders,

instead of "SMS" and "004" on each shoulder.

what a shame :(

WTF bandai

just only noticed this... do all the RVFs that recently came out have this marking error?

Edited by m0n5t3r

I think the side profile "line art" on the box was done with a built model for reference. There isn't a side profile line art that SK drew AFAIK.

There has to be SK-drawn lineart SOMEWHERE because I'm sure he didn't make the 3D models for the show :lol: None of it has been officially released yet, I guess.

Vostok 7

I had some extra $$ this week from converting lightsabers, so I ordered DX Chogokin VF-25G Messiah Valkyrie Michael Custom from HLJ. It ended up being 196.00 shipped via EMS to USA.

Any tips or a video transformation guide?

I've been away for a while from MW, and hope to be on more often.

Anyone else besides me got some nasty stress marks on their super pack missile packs on the stick portion of the ball joint?

Surprisingly, not me. I was pretty abusive with those and bending them in ways I shouldn't trying to position them when at the time I had the boosters attached incorrectly and couldn't figure out why everyone else had so much space between the boosters to the shoulders. Then I read the warning by other people that they were getting stress marks near the ball joint and I was like, "Oh, err... oops" :unsure:

Updated Gamu review of the RVF with super packs.

You know... if that is the worst of what mine ends up looking like, I think with the super packs on I won't mind so much. I just hope by the time they re-release Alto's VF, that it has the fixes with the legs and wings and doesn't suddenly develop new color issues. I want a 25 that I can display without needing fast packs to hide deficiencies.

I'm tempted to see what would happen if I sprayed Future on to the less glossy parts of Luca to see if that might bring the color back to being similar to the color of the glossier plastic parts.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

You know... if that is the worst of what mine ends up looking like, I think with the super packs on I won't mind so much. I just hope by the time they re-release Alto's VF, that it has the fixes with the legs and wings and doesn't suddenly develop new color issues. I want a 25 that I can display without needing fast packs to hide deficiencies.

I'm tempted to see what would happen if I sprayed Future on to the less glossy parts of Luca to see if that might bring the color back to being similar to the color of the glossier plastic parts.

Agreed. I actually think it looks pretty good with the super packs despite the non-uniform colors. And I really like that underside antenna.

What are the chances of a VF-25 Cannon fodder version? I was just watching episodes 3-5 and saw a few of those.

My guess is not high. Unlike VF-1 cannon fodder, the VF-25 cannon fodder has very little screen time. I bet some not very hardcore Macross fan or casual viewer of the show may not even know it exists. I don't even remember seeing a VF-25 cannon fodder in battroid mode in the show myself, and already watched the show twice. And unlike Yamato, Bandai doesn't look like they are going for all variants possible in terms of their releases. So probably will just make the main ones, and maybe movie variants if there is a difference. Lucky if we'll get the VF-171. I really want that one.

Edited by mpchi

I think it's way too early to tell what Bandai's release plan is, or weather they plan to release all variants possible or just the main valks. We are only about 3 months into the line afterall. The line seems to be a success for them so far, so if the popularity remains then Bandai should have the incentive to produced more variants. Basically, anything is possible. Angelbirds didn't exactly get much screen time, either. :)

Another thing I was thinking would make an awesome toy would be Ozma's Car that is painted like his valk. I dont remember but it is in episode 2, 3 or 4 maybe? And it would be double awesome if it came on a stand that ls the car-airlock that he goes down. You guys remember what I am talking about. Maybe I can dig up the screenshot.

I hear my two new DX toys and Alto's super parts are on their way! I can't wait to play with 'em and picture 'em up.

Of the DX toys, which should I do first? 1) Michel, 2) Luca, 3) Alto Super Parts?

Edited by jenius

I think it's way too early to tell what Bandai's release plan is, or weather they plan to release all variants possible or just the main valks. We are only about 3 months into the line afterall. The line seems to be a success for them so far, so if the popularity remains then Bandai should have the incentive to produced more variants. Basically, anything is possible. Angelbirds didn't exactly get much screen time, either. :)

But its Yamato's Angelbird, who is also releasing the 1J cannon fodder. :lol: I see your point though, and I agree its a bit early to tell. But from past history, Bandai hasn't been very eager to release variants. Not on the 1/55 (vintage & reissues), nor the 1/65 Macross 7 stuff.

Since base on just watching the show, I don't even know what head a VF-25 cannon fodder usually come with. So I can see it not being a favorable pick for Bandai to do a DX release. A 1/100 or a 1/72 model kit will be more likely. Just my 2 cents.

I hear my two new DX toys and Alto's super parts are on their way! I can't wait to play with 'em and picture 'em up.

Of the DX toys, which should I do first? 1) Michel, 2) Luca, 3) Alto Super Parts?

Alto, since that's the not so common one right now. Then the Luca and finally Michel (only because we've seen so many of the latter already!). Of course, that's my preference.

1. Michel

2. Alto Super Parts

3. Luca

^_^

Well, I just got home from work and opened up the box for Luca. I think I got one of the truly bad ones.

I immediately saw that mine had 4 shades of green. The nose/cockpit area and main backplate were the brightest shade of green. The two wing root pieces connected to the backplate are a different slightly less bright shade of green. The wings, chest and shield were a grayish green. Finally, the back part of the legs were a touch more green than the the shield.

Also, the left side LERX paint came pre-chipped in two areas, and the ELINT antenna is bent a bit at the tip.

That's what I saw within the first minute of holding it. I'll update here when I have time to mess with it more.

On an higher note, the radome is fun to spin and spins very well. :)