Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

I have posted a message on TD (the HK toy forum) to ask if I am a special case (because I am an ungrateful bastard for the DX), or it's a general issue.

Will keep you guys posted!

Thanks man. Are there any other people who have posted pics? Good luck for your exams!

.... I've been eagerly anticipating the Lucca version and am a big fan of the DX, but if it has a heterochromia thing going on, I may seriously have to rethink my decision to get one. Maybe it's a good thing that my Michel came into stock and shipped out first :/

Good news to you guys, but not for me:

There is at least one RVF-25 without this color problem now:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-90885-1-1.html

I would cease bad-mouthing the DX from now. bad karma.

Edit: I just look at his photo more closely, there is still the color discrepancy, but not as apparent. Or it's his photo shooting?

So there are 2 cases now, one quite apparent (my case), and another seems to be less so.

Edited by ff95gj

Hmmm...not cool to hear about the two tone Lucca. I was a little worried that I should've stayed in Japan longer so I could grab this one too. I'll have to check it out on my next trip.

I'm actually super happy with the DX series so far. I actually wasn't a fan of the VF-25 until I bought my VF-25S. In fighter and Gerwalk it looks really nice, and Battroid, well turtle head aside, it still looks better than many of the other toys on the market. Aesthetics aside, it was so much fun to play with, I grabbed a 25G the day it was released. My only issue with that one, is that the hip armour is extremely loose and the fighter mode is a little too tight. The 8 year old in me has never had such a cool toy! ^_^

Sometimes color discrepencies are far more obvious in photos than when seen with the naked eye. I have a few toys that looked normal until I uploaded photos of them and noticed parts weren't quite the same.

But anyway, P A N I C ! ! ! ! !

Sometimes color discrepencies are far more obvious in photos than when seen with the naked eye. I have a few toys that looked normal until I uploaded photos of them and noticed parts weren't quite the same.

But anyway, P A N I C ! ! ! ! !

This's true. It's more obvious in the photo, but still apparent in real life in my case.

If you are picking up locally, I would recommend you to go check before buying. That would be safe enough.

But you are ordering from the web, I have no suggestions. Let's wait for more open-box reports.

(should go back to study after dinner)

I would think that any difference in the photos is due to the camera, and if you say that the colour difference is noticeable to the naked eye, then it probably is the same way with the other RVF-25 as well.(Despite all of Eriku's attempts to ignore reality :rolleyes:) Even for the second set of pictures the front of the intake is a different green from the area just after the Gerwalk hinge. That's two cases of having different green tones now.

Either way, there is still a problem with the colour of the SMS logo-- I guess the people at the toy division just don't pay as close attention as the people in the model kit department :(

Also, ff95gj, could you please confirm whether the the nosecone and other parts that are supposed to be light green are not white like the piping on the wing gloves and wings?

Finally I noticed another discrepancy-- the back of the legs is supposed to have a two tone thing going on the sides, but Bandai just has that whole region coloured light green (or white, as it may be)

rvf-25-battroid-rear.jpg Thanks to Mr March

post-10385-1238159313_thumb.jpg

Edited by edwin3060

(Despite all of Eriku's attempts to ignore reality :rolleyes:)

Sir, can you please point out these 'attempts to ignore reality'? I don't appreciate comments like that.

Even though I shouldn't have to point this out, I did not say there isn't a color discrepancy in the toy, only that sometimes photos exacerbate this problem. I don't panic from one account. That's not ignoring reality, it's accepting reality. ;)

That's the same guy in my previous post ^_^

And just checked that the nosecone is not white; is very light green.

That's good to know, at least.

Eriku: The shoe doesn't feel so good on the other foot, does it? Maybe you shouldn't say that people are panicking when all they are doing is pointing out a flaw in the toy then.

Moving on, is the gunpod able to attach underneath the fighter? Or is it like the model kit where the gunpod can only be held in the hand in gerwalk and battroid modes?

Edited by edwin3060

That's good to know, at least.

Eriku: The shoe doesn't feel so good on the other foot, does it? Maybe you shouldn't say that people are panicking when all they are doing is pointing out a flaw in the toy then.

Moving on, is the gunpod able to attach underneath the fighter? Or is it like the model kit where the gunpod can only be held in the hand in gerwalk and battroid modes?

To be fair, one person is pointing out a flaw, and the rest of us are, in fact, panicking. It's the MW Way.

Edited by QuinJester

To be fair, one person is pointing out a flaw, and the rest of us are, in fact, panicking. It's the MW Way.

Nope... the rest of us are discussing it-- there is a difference between the two. Panicking would be if someone cursed Bandai and all their families and swore off every Bandai toy from now on. Discussing is, for example, asking what are the parts affected by the colour differences and how widespread the problem may be.

Once you have the armor on, it's hard to tell the color difference since the armor covers the shield, the part right behind the pilot, and half of the wing.

3389095691_15ba91dbb9.jpg

I could live with it. I just wouldn't take off the armor

Yep, and I guess the hip-gun piece is changed to a new piece entirely anyway. However, it still sucks that you have to rely on the Super parts to cover up the errors that Bandai made-- when those errors don't seem to have any explanation.

(just finished the past paper and decided I deserve a break)

Just want to say that, in fact it looks worse in the pic than when you see it personally. I don't want to exaggerate the situation by swearing at the photo which has the problem magnified. Still, the problem is there, and it is noticeable.

So far I have been looking at it under tungsten light. Let's see if there's any difference under natural lighting. (I'll have to wait till Sunday as I won't be home during day time)

Wow... this just got more interesting. I won't be cancelling any preorders but I'm really not all that excited about getting the Michel and Luca any more (but I am still excited about the GBP + Ozma set).

Yep... I really hope that a similar situation doesn't occur with the GBP Ozma, even though I will be displaying it with armour on anyway. I'm quite torn over the Luca and Michael though... I'm wondering if Bandai will correct these issues with the re-issue.

Nope... the rest of us are discussing it-- there is a difference between the two. Panicking would be if someone cursed Bandai and all their families and swore off every Bandai toy from now on. Discussing is, for example, asking what are the parts affected by the colour differences and how widespread the problem may be.

Discussion and panic are not mutually exclusive, and right now there's only one person who can provide any first hand evidence to base any such discussion on. All the rest of us can do is suppose and comment, and there's certainly people panicking, like this asshat right here:

.... I've been eagerly anticipating the Lucca version and am a big fan of the DX, but if it has a heterochromia thing going on, I may seriously have to rethink my decision to get one. Maybe it's a good thing that my Michel came into stock and shipped out first :/

You'd better believe that I'm panicking ;). And I'm not alone.

:lol:

Guys, don't bother looking at lineart or anything. Bandai is using two different types of plastic apart from the die-cast, so even though they should be the same colour, it seems they couldn't get it just right. In fact, the colour differences are there in the Michael version too!! I guess in ff95gj's pics it looks more prominent... either that or that shade of green is indeed harder to match.

In any case, it was one of the first things that bugged me about the Michael as soon as I took it out of the box. I quickly forgot about it when I noticed the other BS with the fig, though...

If in fact the Luca looks this bad in person, though.... Jesus, I'm glad I got the Michael instead. I was on the fence there, for a bit. Kits, here I come!

Well if you guys who bought either the Lucas or Mikhiel are disgusted with the two tones lmk. I may be willing to buy them off you for a discount. Haha!!

:p

no way I would rather customised Lucas instead

low vis 2 lucas could be awesome

^_^

low vis awacs is harder to target

It shouldn't be impossible to match the colours if they wanted to, especially since there seems to be no such issues with Alto or Ozma DX toys. I think perhaps some parts were made at one factory, and the other parts at another, before being assembled, and they just didn't follow the colour tolerances closely enough.

Oh, I get it, your completely off-base and unsupportable dis at me was a pat-yourself-on-the-back attempt at spanking me because you felt that my pointing out panic was an insult. You still haven't pointed out where I'm "ignoring reality" and I have absolutely no clue what you even mean with your shoe on the other foot comment. But whatever. I'd point out where the panic is, but that's already been done. And in any case I point out the panic as comic relief. Everyone panics, myself included. Grab your towel and get over it. :)

That said, I want a consistently minty-fresh Luca as much as the next person, but I'm not going to throw all of my hopes into the toilet until I am able to read more than one or two reports/reviews. It should go without saying but there are many different tastes and perspectives out there. It's hard to get an idea of something in a handful of pics on the interenet without being able to see it in real life. As I've said before I have other toys that have mis-matched parts and I barely notice them in person while they stick out like a sore thumb on digital pics. That is not me saying, "OMG THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID!!" It's me saying that there are simply other perspectives. For example I recently bought a Transformer called Brawn from the Legends series. He's green and looked absolutely fine while I was transforming him and shooting pictures. When I uploaded the pics I was taken aback by how his green parts didn't match. In the photos it was a very stark difference and looked totally horrible. I looked at him again in person and, now knowing the parts were different, could see the difference. It was in no way as drastic as the photos, and in fact I don't even notice it anymore, but it's still a difference. The slightest difference will bug some people and not others. I wont know for sure how drastic the color difference is on Luca unless I see one in person first which is pretty much impossible unless I buy one. Therefore I'd like to read as many opinions and comments as possible and view as many pics as possible so I can make an informed decision.

Discussion and panic are not mutually exclusive, and right now there's only one person who can provide any first hand evidence to base any such discussion on. All the rest of us can do is suppose and comment, and there's certainly people panicking, like this asshat right here:

You'd better believe that I'm panicking ;). And I'm not alone.

For example I recently bought a Transformer called Brawn from the Legends series

Psh. You just undermined your entire argument. POSTER BLOCKED AND IGNORED! :lol:

In other news, my Michel just arrived and is sitting under my work desk. We'll see how mine holds up when I bust it out tonight. I had good luck with my Alto as far as groin connections and such went. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Psh. You just undermined your entire argument. POSTER BLOCKED AND IGNORED! :lol:

In other news, my Michel just arrived and is sitting under my work desk. We'll see how mine holds up when I bust it out tonight. I had good luck with my Alto as far as groin connections and such went. Hopefully this trend will continue.

Awesome, since you can't read this (me being blocked and all), I can call you 'asshat' to my heart's content! ASSHAT!! :D

I know a cheap Transfomer is a poor example on a Macross forum but it was the most recent example I had.

Bust out that Michel, screw work responsibilities!

It held 'OK' out of the box. If I shook the toy a little it would dislodge, but it would at least hold together on display. After two or three thransformations it gave out completely, as I noticed one day when I looked at the shelf and the poor guy was doubled over bakward in a rather painful looking pose. I took the assembly apart to see if anything was cracked, broken, worn, put together wrong, but everything looked fine. Either the 'clip' part of the connector is too far apart or the peg is off just enough to not work.

One coat of nail polish fixed it perfectly.

Keep in mind this seems to be a somewhat uncommon problem as most people report their pegs hold perfectly. Uncommon or not, it still sucks and I hope my next one doesn't suffer from it.

what happened to your 25g reminded me of my 2002 chunky max. i just keep it in the box because everytime i transform it, i just end up getting pissed off. the peg that locks the pack part of the battroid to the canopy is rally loose. i can't even hear a clicking sound when i press it inwards. oh well..a story of unfortunate blue bandai valks hehe