Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.4

azrael

Well there are rumours of more fixes, like the back of the legs, and there are certainly problem areas that Bandai knows about (and Japanese fans want improvements) but hasn't been fixed yet, like the wings-- so the DX toy is probably not done with improvments.

Hehe maybe the pineapple cake curse will come true in the movie? I don't think so though-- both Hikaru and Max ran a VF-1S at the same time so having two -S models is certainly not impossible.

Hehe maybe the pineapple cake curse will come true in the movie? I don't think so though-- both Hikaru and Max ran a VF-1S at the same time so having two -S models is certainly not impossible.

They didn't pilot a 1S at the same time, did they? :mellow:

If Alto has to have a 25S, please just make Ozma missing, not dead :blink:

They didn't pilot a 1S at the same time, did they? :mellow:

If Alto has to have a 25S, please just make Ozma missing, not dead :blink:

no, not at the same time. In SDFM Max is flying a 1j at the end of the series and Hikaru is in the 1s. In DYRL max gets the 1s and hikaru is in a 1a when they're on earth. At the end of the movie, hikaru is in a 1s while max is in his blue q-rau.

no, not at the same time. In SDFM Max is flying a 1j at the end of the series and Hikaru is in the 1s. In DYRL max gets the 1s and hikaru is in a 1a when they're on earth. At the end of the movie, hikaru is in a 1s while max is in his blue q-rau.

That's my point then... Unless Ozma dies, Alto can't have a S type.

Even then, maybe Michael has to die too or defects to the side of Galaxy/ Vajra. ^_^

well i was thinking maybe alto would get his vf-25s even though ozma didnt die,

getting a vf-25s is just an acknowledgement of his pilot skill,

and not because ozma died :)

Edited by honkhet

good observation on that, yes hikaru was still piloting a 1A and was commanded by max when the meltrans attacked earth.

which means hikaru only got his 1S because/after (whichever way you want to put it :p) max defected to the meltran group

well i was thinking maybe alto would get his vf-25s even though ozma didnt die,

getting a vf-25s is just an acknowledgement of his pilot skill,

and not because ozma died :)

Of course they can do it that way... (or else where does the Minmay Guard 1S come from?)

But traditionally, S-model is meant for commanders. I'd prefer to preserve the tradition. ^_^

My bad then-- Maybe in the movie the VF-25 will be deployed with the NUNS as well, allowing both Alto and Ozma to pilot VF-25Ss on opposing sides when the Mac 1/4 goes rogue. That Alto-Ozma confrontation will be even more spectacular then! Either way this is just speculation, but having Alto in as many platforms as possible is a money-spinner for Bandai, judging by how the VF-25F DX release is doing better than the VF-25S DX release.

Edited by edwin3060

My bad then-- Maybe in the movie the VF-25 will be deployed with the NUNS as well, allowing both Alto and Ozma to pilot VF-25Ss on opposing sides when the Mac 1/4 goes rogue. That Alto-Ozma confrontation will be even more spectacular then! Either way this is just speculation, but having Alto in as many platforms as possible is a money-spinner for Bandai, judging by how the VF-25F DX release is doing better than the VF-25S DX release.

Maybe because the VF-25S has a bad bad neck? Well, Alto is the protagonist, after all.

In fact, that was my thought when Macross Quarter left, and Alto pilots the VF-171 instead. I was thinking smart: "hey, isn't this the Gundam Mk2 -> Zeta Gundam, ReGZ -> Nu Gundam formula to sell toys?" But it turned out that the VF-25F remains the hero valkyrie throughout the series. Why didn't they paint Alto's VF-171 red and black? Then we have something new to sell as Alto Custom.

BTW, I don't think they still have VF-25s once Mac Q left, otherwise Alto wouldn't have to fly the VF-171. They may though, let Alto pilot a VF-27 Alto custom. Forget that "only cyborgs can endure it" stuff. He's the hero after all!

Maybe because the VF-25S has a bad bad neck? Well, Alto is the protagonist, after all.

In fact, that was my thought when Macross Quarter left, and Alto pilots the VF-171 instead. I was thinking smart: "hey, isn't this the Gundam Mk2 -> Zeta Gundam, ReGZ -> Nu Gundam formula to sell toys?" But it turned out that the VF-25F remains the hero valkyrie throughout the series. Why didn't they paint Alto's VF-171 red and black? Then we have something new to sell as Alto Custom.

BTW, I don't think they still have VF-25s once Mac Q left, otherwise Alto wouldn't have to fly the VF-171. They may though, let Alto pilot a VF-27 Alto custom. Forget that "only cyborgs can endure it" stuff. He's the hero after all!

Alto's VF-171EX did have a custom red and black paint scheme. Bandai is just not capitalising on it yet :p

Alto's VF-171EX did have a custom red and black paint scheme. Bandai is just not capitalising on it yet :p

Stupid me (old guy, bad eyes)! I am not even aware of that! Thanks for telling!

Frankly, when Alto firstly switched to VF-171 from VF-25F, I didn't know at all until some time later.

Well it looks like the VF-25G is finally available on hljs website... I got my card charged ahead of schedule as I was expecting to be charged by at least the 30th or 1st of march... I'm a little upset that hlj just charged my card outta nowhere though... I usually preorder through paypal and wait till they send me an quote so I can send the money on my own time.

This time I didn't use paypal and I was charged without prior notice... Oh well at least I got a nice valk coming in.

That's my point then... Unless Ozma dies, Alto can't have a S type.

Sure Alto could have an S type, he could have his Sagitarus squadron integrated into the SMS units, or Ozma feeling like his obligations are finished, retires from SMS...death doesn't have to be the only solution.

Personally I'm looking forward to owning my first DX if Vinnie was able to pick up a second one before he left Kawaski.

I remember he said last week Alto's VF-25 was pretty expensive, but Ozma's was like 108,000 yen and Michel's VF-25G was 148,000...those are excellent prices straight from the source if you ask me.

Sure Alto could have an S type, he could have his Sagitarus squadron integrated into the SMS units, or Ozma feeling like his obligations are finished, retires from SMS...death doesn't have to be the only solution.

Personally I'm looking forward to owning my first DX if Vinnie was able to pick up a second one before he left Kawaski.

I remember he said last week Alto's VF-25 was pretty expensive, but Ozma's was like 108,000 yen and Michel's VF-25G was 148,000...those are excellent prices straight from the source if you ask me.

I think you mean 10,800 and 14,800 ? Otherwise it would be pretty insane! But otherwise it sounds like a good price.

Actually, in at least one Macross 7 flashback to SW1 you do see Hikaru and Max both sporting a VF-1S, in battroid mode standing right next to each other.

Actually, in at least one Macross 7 flashback to SW1 you do see Hikaru and Max both sporting a VF-1S, in battroid mode standing right next to each other.

In the real Macross universe, DYRL is only a movie, so Max never piloted a VF-1S... I think?

Sorry that I don't remember that flashback scene... 16.gif

I'm reading some interesting comments at the Japanese 2ch board...

I don't know if it's BS or not... as it is 2ch... but...

Supposedly, those "holes" we saw previously are for attaching the radar dome. And that the next release of Alto VF-25 (as well as Ozma I would assume) will have those holes too.

Also, the next release of Alto/Ozma will have a fix of - being able to raise those lower legs into more correct form in fighter mode.

All of this is not confirmed. It could just be 2ch BS. But this is something to look out for when the next release of Alto VF-25 comes.

The leg fix is hard to believe that is gonna happen, cos in the VF-25G haven´t, and is predictable that RVF-25 is in the same way.

The boosters in my VF-25G tend to stay like this after a while:

post-322-1237948278_thumb.jpg

post-322-1237948291_thumb.jpg

I think I might not be attaching them correctly and that's why they're shifting... or are the boosters way too heavy? I've seen other pics and the boosters stay put so please help...

The leg fix is hard to believe that is gonna happen, cos in the VF-25G haven´t, and is predictable that RVF-25 is in the same way.

Sorry I haven't read all 4 threads entirely yet. Is the leg issue the one where the area of the back part of the body isn't large enough for more of the leg to go through or is there another leg issue? How "big" of an issue is this b/c it doesn't look that bad. *ducks and hides* :ph34r:

I just ordered the Mikhail and Luca's from amazon.co.jp and having them sent to my in-laws in Japan. Yes I have no shame. Hahaha....my in-laws were like 2? They look the same. My jaw dropped and I whispered to my wife, they're different. One's blue and has a sniper rifle and other is mint green with a radar dish. :unsure:

The boosters in my VF-25G tend to stay like this after a while:

I think I might not be attaching them correctly and that's why they're shifting... or are the boosters way too heavy? I've seen other pics and the boosters stay put so please help...

I think you should slip the pointy part of the flip-wing (whatever you call it...) under the booster.

BTW SVF-Gerwalk, what gatling gun is your 25F holding? Looks like a pretty mean gun...like a giant A-10 gun....ready to slice through anything that gets in it's way.

Sorry I haven't read all 4 threads entirely yet. Is the leg issue the one where the area of the back part of the body isn't large enough for more of the leg to go through or is there another leg issue? How "big" of an issue is this b/c it doesn't look that bad. *ducks and hides* :ph34r:

I just ordered the Mikhail and Luca's from amazon.co.jp and having them sent to my in-laws in Japan. Yes I have no shame. Hahaha....my in-laws were like 2? They look the same. My jaw dropped and I whispered to my wife, they're different. One's blue and has a sniper rifle and other is mint green with a radar dish. :unsure:

feh, my wife maintains that the yf-21, 19 and VF-1 look the same.

yet she can still spot a new one on the shelf the second she walks in the room.

In that case, she's BS'ing you, she can tell the difference between them. There's no other explanation.

Oh well. :p

Also, I hope that if they're fixing the leg position in fighter mode, that they fix the stabilizers on the legs too while they're at it. Having them hang straight down rather than at an angle looks freakin' retarded. <_<

-Kyp

Yup, I do that... but after a while they shift to the position I showed in the pics :blink:

So strange then; with gravity it should rest on the pointly part. There's also a "button" (argh! my poor limited English) thing to click the thing in place. Have you tried to slide down a little bit besides slipping it on?

The leg problem is caused by a desing that only have one position, fast pack position, so the legs dont fit at all in figther mode, allways stay in lower position :angry: , here a comparation of DX with the exelent kit model:

20090321165535.jpg

kitlegs1.jpg

The kit is perfect, the legs up at all, in DX instead ...

The weapon from my avatar is from Evangelion Rebuild vesions of Bandai, the EVA-01 Movie version : http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN949498

by chance fits perfectly into the hands and the scale is perfect, pics B)) :

vf25eva2hz6.jpg

vf25eva4sb5.jpg

vf25eva.jpg

Yea Anime Export's website seems to be down--- anybody know anything about that? This seems highly dubious!

Anime exports host server is down and they're trying to find another host. It shouldn't take long they told me, no need to worry guys :)

Edited by sil80jdm