Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

I will admit that it looks better in that picture, BUT, still not what I was hoping for. After looking at the 1D in the picture and compairing it to the Max picture is the Canopy really any longer? I'm not complaining just I really don't think it is. It has been reshaped but I don't think it's longer. The rear edge that slopes up to the vertical back edge looks like it is more steep and the "roll bar" is obviously more forward and vertical but other than that, it doesn't look like it is longer. Cool for those that like it alot, I kinda do too, but I'm curious what you all think. Not bashing, just trying to look at it objectively and would like some objective opinions.

Chris

Source?

Isn't the bottom rear edge of the canopy shaped differently than the 1-seaters?

It looks like it to me too.

Chris

Isn't the bottom rear edge of the canopy shaped differently than the 1-seaters?

Bingo.

It's not about nerds being whiny or the cost of molds. It's about creating a toy that is 99% perfect, and ruining it by making a really dumb decision. I still love the v2 1/60 1A, 1J, and 1S, but the 1D is going to suck because of the decision to make the fuselage slide up in battroid mode. If anyone wants to fly of the handle because I said that, go right ahead.

the 1D is going to suck because of the decision to make the fuselage slide up in battroid mode. If anyone wants to fly of the handle because I said that, go right ahead.

I think one of the reasons it's easy for me not to is because I still don't understand what the problem is about. Too many big words like "fuselage" (sic?) which I see bandied about and don't understand what they really mean. I look at the 1D and it looks orange and shiny and has cute Minmey in her TV dress in it.

Also - I look at the the episodes in SDFM TV featuring it and sometimes it is animated a bit different depending on the dynamic...

But I will admit that I'm not one to actually be giving a firm opinion about how one of these should look 'cause I don't know enough. I'm just a mindless Yamato Zombie.

I like the 1D. I'm gonna get it and be happy with it I'm sure :)

Pete

Maybe Grand Admiral would like to explain to the rest of you why he is Reporting a Post claiming a Personal Attack against him in this thread when from all appearances he is equally involved in this sort of debating.

Yes when people Report a Post we read the Post in Question and review posts leading up and following it.

I think one of the reasons it's easy for me not to is because I still don't understand what the problem is about. Too many big words like "fuselage" (sic?) which I see bandied about and don't understand what they really mean. I look at the 1D and it looks orange and shiny and has cute Minmey in her TV dress in it.

I am going to ask you a very serious question. If you don't understand what the problem is, why are you making lengthy, sarcastic posts that mock people who do understand the situation?

Wow, who'da thunk the lowly -1D would ignite a Harmony Gold Debates-level flame war on MacrossWorld.

Vostok 7

Lowly? It's probably the most important! Were it not for the 1D, Hikaru never would've climbed into the cockpit of a VF.

But HG debates are for their own threads. And flaming's not allowed! *Scolds involved parties, as if they were children*

Well, I got my Hikky 1J for Christmas today, and she is a beaut! Looks great, very crisp white with a nice red used. The super packs went striaght to my FP less 1S, which has Hikkys name on the cockpit and is now my TV version Hikaru 1S. If anyone would like to trade a Hikaru 1J pilot with a Roy 1S pilot, please drop me a PM, coz thats all I need for perfection!

As to my mentioning a Kakizaki 1S; Isnt he flying one when he dies in DYRL? If they made the others, maybe they'll make him too.

And on the shoulder thing:

I am now 4 for 4 with perfect shoulders. I have transfoermed each many times, have fiddled and posed and played with them all, and not ONE shows signs of cracking or breaking. Not ONE!

I am going to ask you a very serious question. If you don't understand what the problem is, why are you making lengthy, sarcastic posts that mock people who do understand the situation?

Because that's what ignorant people do :) They run their mouth off without knowing a thing :) What did you expect? :)

But seriously - I'm not mocking people for deliberating the situation; in fact I'm greatful that there are people who know and care enough to point things out. For every dozen complaints that are just whiny, there are also legit points brought up that help people like me (who might not know better) spot a troublespot and also, such comments - if they filter back to the company that makes the product - are also helpful.

That said, I think my mocking also is born out of the fact that I'm truly more happy at the prospect of the 1/60 VF-1 than I am upset about something I consider to be a minor detail. Thus, it's hard for me to get into the "OMG!?!? The fusealage is rrrgggmmmfffaa$#$#%@!!!" mindset.

If anyone would like to trade a Hikaru 1J pilot with a Roy 1S pilot, please drop me a PM, coz thats all I need for perfection!

You know, I have an extra Roy, but I don't think it'll be worth the effort to send him to Australia :)

Pete

As to my mentioning a Kakizaki 1S; Isnt he flying one when he dies in DYRL? If they made the others, maybe they'll make him too.

Really? Did he? I thought only Max got the 1S upgrade or rather, got promoted to be the skull leader in DYRL?

Maybe Grand Admiral would like to explain to the rest of you why he is Reporting a Post claiming a Personal Attack against him in this thread when from all appearances he is equally involved in this sort of debating.

Yes when people Report a Post we read the Post in Question and review posts leading up and following it.

What? Really? Which post? We've been tossing a bit of mud at one another lately - true - but I was under the impression it was all in good fun. I don't get the sense that anyone was making any personal attacks or anything - and the only time when things got a tad heated (Grand Admiral vs Quinjester - both parties simmered down and Grand Admiral even said he enjoyed the debate....

Anyways - if it was something I said: sorry!

Pete

Really? Did he? I thought only Max got the 1S upgrade or rather, got promoted to be the skull leader in DYRL?

You would be correct, only Max got a 1S upgrade. Not only is Kakizaki no where near good enough to get that kind of promotion, you can see in the scene right before he bites the dust that his VF-1 only had a single head laser even though the head itself was too dark and shadowed to make out.

Is it also standard procedure to publically shame people if you disagree with them for reporting something?

I reported the post yesterday morning before I'd had my morning coffee and it was my own rash, grumpy overrreaction. Since I couldn't un-report it once I had considered things a bit, here we are. I'm not going to say which post or why, because it just doesn't matter now.

I apologize to everyone for anything that may have been taken as a perceived slight or personal attack or insult. I really didn't mean to directly attack anyone, even if my debate with QuinJester became impassioned, or I made vague references to "nerds", which seems to be a statement of fact to me, since we're arguing on the internet about the minutiae of toys based on an anime from 25 years ago. ;)

I've been publically shamed now, can we move on? Or do you need to point and laugh too? <_<

Edited by Grand Admiral

Grand Admiral:

I've been publically shamed now, can we move on? Or do you need to point and laugh too?

e7jio8.jpg

Taddle Tale :) No worries - we all got a bit over-excited, myself included. Next time, I would recommend sending a private message to the person you feel slighted by to try and resolve things first :)

Pete

Well, I got my Hikky 1J for Christmas today, and she is a beaut! Looks great, very crisp white with a nice red used. The super packs went striaght to my FP less 1S, which has Hikkys name on the cockpit and is now my TV version Hikaru 1S. If anyone would like to trade a Hikaru 1J pilot with a Roy 1S pilot, please drop me a PM, coz thats all I need for perfection!

And on the shoulder thing:

I am now 4 for 4 with perfect shoulders. I have transfoermed each many times, have fiddled and posed and played with them all, and not ONE shows signs of cracking or breaking. Not ONE!

Got my VF-1J with super strike parts about 3 weeks ago. So far so good, no shoulder breaking or anything. But the thing is, I haven't transformed it yet HAHAHAHA. Peace and Merry Christmas all you flamers and debaters.

Got my VF-1J with super strike parts about 3 weeks ago. So far so good, no shoulder breaking or anything. But the thing is, I haven't transformed it yet HAHAHAHA. Peace and Merry Christmas all you flamers and debaters.

Can you check the shoulder hinges and tell me if the metal pins have the burr(rough) ends facing downwards in battroid mode? I won't buy another 1/60 till I find out if the hinges have truly been fixed. The thing is, I really want the 1J Hikaru and 1D. The 1D looks fine to me, I don't mind the longer fuselage, compressed canopy, higher chest, all that stuff doesn't matter to me, it is a beautiful toy; I just care about the shoulder hinges.

Well, I got my Hikky 1J for Christmas today, and she is a beaut! Looks great, very crisp white with a nice red used. The super packs went striaght to my FP less 1S, which has Hikkys name on the cockpit and is now my TV version Hikaru 1S.

yeah, gave the 1J's TV FPs to my 1S too. the 1J looks far better in B-mode w/o the FPs IMHO. now he's just waiting for his GBP Armor :).

Merry x-mas. :)

Can you check the shoulder hinges and tell me if the metal pins have the burr(rough) ends facing downwards in battroid mode? I won't buy another 1/60 till I find out if the hinges have truly been fixed. The thing is, I really want the 1J Hikaru and 1D. The 1D looks fine to me, I don't mind the longer fuselage, compressed canopy, higher chest, all that stuff doesn't matter to me, it is a beautiful toy; I just care about the shoulder hinges.

Ill post a closeup pic of the shoulders once Ive transformed it. I dont really know what to look out for in the shoulders ^_^ .

Since this keeps getting asked I will make a big effort for you today.

I will go get three things:

1) my broken-shoulder-out-of-the-box Roy

2) my perfect-shoulder-out-of-the-box Roy

3)my perfect-shoulder-out-of-the-box Hikaru 1A

And take pictures of all three (shoulder hinges) and let you be the judge, since I'm not very technically proficient and also don't know what to look for.

Pete

From my understanding, it is ONLY the VF-1S ROY which has faulty shoulders due to wrongly inserted pins, and it's only 1 out of 5 figures at best. All other v2 valks are perfectly fine.

Sounds like the issue has been resolved.

Can't speak for everyone, but I transformed my 1S at least 50 times back and forth in all three modes, and my 1J about 20 times. No problems, stress marks, or anything.

In any case it's not effecting me in the least bit. I'm eagerly looking forward to those two-seater valks. :3

*waits impatiently for the 1D, Ostrich and Elintseeker*