Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

Hey guys : pls do not put the extra hands of the V2 : they are oversized :blink:

they are perfect on the 1/48

I put them on my old 1/48 and they look pretty cool

personal opinion :p

Can the retractable poseable hands be placed on the 1/48 mate? :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Can the retractable poseable hands be placed on the 1/48 mate? :D

Placed, yes. Retractable afterwards... Haven't tried.

However, the 1/48 gunpod cannot fit in the 1/60 extra hand; the grip is too thick to fit. I am thinking to saw something thinner..

Cool thanks for that. :D

As soon as i got hold of GBP-1S hands for my 1/48 i cringed at the thought of using the chicken hands again, so yeah, i'll be using the 1/60

v.2 poseable hands for the 1/48 battroids for display and play, GBP-1S is a little too large, but looks rad.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Cool thanks for that. :D

As soon as i got hold of GBP-1S hands for my 1/48 i cringed at the thought of using the chicken hands again, so yeah, i'll be using the 1/60

v.2 poseable hands for the 1/48 battroids for display and play, GBP-1S is a little too large, but looks rad.

I don't like the rubber feel of the glove hands (come with the 1Js) or the GBP hands... They don't seem to hold well.

The hands from 1/60 are great for the 1/48... You have extras anyways!

I've been told that the Hikaru 1S and M&M Queadluun-Raus (anyone who can spell it out of their memory?) have already arrived.

I feel so itchy all over my body now!

If the shops are open, I would rush there during lunch hour. But they don't open till 4pm. :wacko:

According to Yamato website, the official launch of M&M Queadluun-Raus is 18Dec today & Hikky 1S on 20Dec. With shipping, probably will reach my shore here next week or so. Merry Xmas!

Edited by Javabean

I've been told that the Hikaru 1S and M&M Queadluun-Raus (anyone who can spell it out of their memory?) have already arrived.

I feel so itchy all over my body now!

If the shops are open, I would rush there during lunch hour. But they don't open till 4pm. :wacko:

Open till 4? weird. lol how come they don't open till 4? or is that close at 4? : P

Open till 4? weird. lol how come they don't open till 4? or is that close at 4? : P

Sorry, I should have said "they won't open UNTIL 4pm".

The logic is that there would be few people shopping earlier than that anyways. 4pm is the time that high school (secondary school) students have finished classes.

This is for those "specialty toy shops" only; most shops in Hong Kong open in the morning. :p

Edited by ff95gj

God I'm still kicking myself for having too cancel my VF-1J order...never even got my job interview cause we're having horrible weather in my area with lots of ice : / ugh

I need a good paying job to get my collection going again!

Isn't this an improvement rather than a bad thing?

We need reviews/more pics for that 1S!

Hmm... You want those engraving noticeable, right? Otherwise you don't need them at all.

Or I might have used the wrong word ("engraving") that you think I am referring to the seams...?

For the 1S: except for the shoulder fix, in fact many people with an 1A and 1S here can do a review on it right now... :lol:

Edited by ff95gj

I photoshop'ed it to fix the fuselage problem. That's why I have been whining about the fuselage thing.

3118018998_fcd6577273.jpg

Hope you don't mind I tampered your work.

Here you go, tell me that head position doesn't throw you off...
Edited by ff95gj

Now that I've owned the 1/60 2.0 for a while, and have a couple, many of its charms have worn off. I still think it's the best VF-1 yet but the head placement seems to be bothering me more and more. I'm now think I prefer the 1/48 in Battroid mode.

Same here. The only thing that bothers me about the 1/48 Battroid, is the glossy heatshield because the line that was painted on it for the VF-1J's can barely be seen. I don't think they even bothered to put that on the Cannon Fodder VF-1A heatshield. The heatshield on the ver. 2 1/60's is so much better.

Now that I've owned the 1/60 2.0 for a while, and have a couple, many of its charms have worn off. I still think it's the best VF-1 yet but the head placement seems to be bothering me more and more. I'm now think I prefer the 1/48 in Battroid mode.

This is why I make it a policy never to sell anything from my personal collection and always try to think very very very hard before commiting something to my personal collection -

I can imagine feeling the same way as you at some point and then, guess what? I'll just put my v.2s in their boxes, take out my 1/48s (although right now everything is out anyways) and marvel at my 1/48s :)

The worst possible thing IMO is to sell of the 1/48s because you will eventually miss them for some reason...

Heck - I even kept my v.1 1/60 ... although I only had one (the VE).

The only thing I got rid of was my 1/72s because I considered them to be hideously ugly and not worth keeping.

Pete

At one point, I had more than one of each of the original 1/60's thinking I would display them in different modes, but then the 1/48 came out, and it was such an improvement, I decided to get rid of the extras except for the VF-1D, VE-1, and VT-1, especially when Yamato indicated they weren't going to release 1/48's of those. With the 1/48's, I was tempted to get rid of some, but I love the size and how they look in Battroid mode, and the new 1/60's aren't a huge leap above them.

I have 2 of the Ver. 2 VF-1A Hikaru's with armor parts, but I'm planning on leaving these mostly in fighter mode, since I like the improvements that were made on the fighter mode (i.e. sculpted retracted intake covers and the higher arms). I'll give the extra armor parts to the upcoming VF-1S Hikaru. I also picked up the Super VF-1J Hikaru, which I'll also most likely leave in fighter mode and use the armor parts on a VF-1S Roy, that is, if they release a reissue, since I'm not taking a chance on the 1st release. I also don't like how the Ver. 2 1/60's fuselage sticks up past the base of the neck in Battroid mode. It just doesn't look right. That's why I'm mostly leaving these in fighter mode. Not to mention, I had picked up quite a few recasted side cover parts for my 1/48's, which I think totally completes them along with the neckpiece that fits behind the head. It's my biggest gripe with the new 1/60. I'm sure Yamato will include these parts with a GBP armor set, but it's a shame that we will have to buy the set just to get these parts. Hopefully, SILVERDRAGON or nightmareb4macross will be offering recasts. The fixed-pose hands are a welcome addition, but I wish the open hand had been more closed to grip the gunpod better. I don't think I'll ever use the detachable fuselage gimmick. It's like the 1/48 removeable nosecone, but then again, maybe Yamato was planning ahead for the 1/48 GBP armor with that gimmick.

I guess both have their pluses and minuses, but I'm still keeping all my 1/48's for now.

Hmm... You want those engraving noticeable, right? Otherwise you don't need them at all.

Or I might have used the wrong word ("engraving") that you think I am referring to the seams...?

For the 1S: except for the shoulder fix, in fact many people with an 1A and 1S here can do a review on it right now... :lol:

No I'm refering to the panel lining, or engraving as you call it. I think the thinner panel lines are one of the improvements that Yamato has made (and Graham has stated as such as well in his 1/60 v2 review) making the toys more model-like/life-like. If you like the thicker panel lines though, I guess you can get a scribing tool to deepen them? They should show up much better then!

No I'm refering to the panel lining, or engraving as you call it. I think the thinner panel lines are one of the improvements that Yamato has made (and Graham has stated as such as well in his 1/60 v2 review) making the toys more model-like/life-like. If you like the thicker panel lines though, I guess you can get a scribing tool to deepen them? They should show up much better then!

Thanks for explaining! I misunderstood you.

And while it is an improvement in technology to make thin lines (which Yamato emphasizes on their web site), I've heard complaints that they are hardly noticeable. What kind of improvement it is if it is "more difficult to make", but not "look nicer"?

I suppose there's the size issue - if you have the same width as 1/48 for these panel linings on a 1/60, it would become drainage on the mechas. Dilemma!

Exactly my thought when I see people selling their 1/48 collection; they will miss it sooner or later.

As I've said before, 1/48 and 1/60 are not complete subsitutes.

This is why I make it a policy never to sell anything from my personal collection and always try to think very very very hard before commiting something to my personal collection -

I can imagine feeling the same way as you at some point and then, guess what? I'll just put my v.2s in their boxes, take out my 1/48s (although right now everything is out anyways) and marvel at my 1/48s :)

The worst possible thing IMO is to sell of the 1/48s because you will eventually miss them for some reason...

Heck - I even kept my v.1 1/60 ... although I only had one (the VE).

The only thing I got rid of was my 1/72s because I considered them to be hideously ugly and not worth keeping.

Pete

Thanks for explaining! I misunderstood you.

And while it is an improvement in technology to make thin lines (which Yamato emphasizes on their web site), I've heard complaints that they are hardly noticeable. What kind of improvement it is if it is "more difficult to make", but not "look nicer"?

I suppose there's the size issue - if you have the same width as 1/48 for these panel linings on a 1/60, it would become drainage on the mechas. Dilemma!

Well, whether it looks nicer or not is a matter of personal taste I guess. Like you said, if you want to enhance the look, just do some panel lining, which is pretty easy.

that is not a very nice pose... looks goofy :rolleyes:

There really shouldn't be anything wrong with that pose... it should look somewhat intimidating as it's a straight shot with the legs and arms somewhat flared kinda like cowboy/wild west style.

ff95, I like what you did... although it could now be considered anime magic since to get that head position the nosecone would have to shimmy downward.

I think it's two things that make that pose look goofy. 1) The nosecone part that is supposed to be pushed up, isn't. Thus, it makes the neck look much longer than it does in real life. 2)That stupid cowboy stand just makes me laugh...it kinda has a John Wayne-like pose, but not nearly as cool as the man.

For the Hikaru VF-1S, I haven't even ordered this yet. My wallet needs a little break. Even with a great job, these things are killing the account. Perhaps in January I'll get mine. I think I've been fortunate with these, as every one I've had has had no problems with exploding shoulders and all that. The only thing I am bothered by is that they could've released the Hikaru 1S later and released other ones prior. I mean I have the Hikaru 1A and what's the big difference, the head and the tampoed number of the plane? I wanna see my M&M come out, at that point, I'll be salavating.

Jenus:

I think that another factor in the "he looks goofy" view might come from the fact that the background is all white and the figure is ...just so white... it's almost like he's really trying to say "I'm a good guy!"

Although - to be fair to Yamato - "goofy" is here synonymous with TV accurate:) Because often times Battroids looked "goofy" in SDFM TV - although we were supposed to be afraid of them I guess....

Anyways, after criticizing your pictures for being goofy - I am fully emotionally prepared to be hammered by the demanding hords of Macross world for my picture:

Thanks to the folks who enlightened me about the special gimmick of the new v.2 - which I honestly didn't know about until today:

3161yy1.jpg

Pete