Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

His death in DYRL? was sloppy, and i don't rate his skill much compared to Max or Hikaru (final run)

That's why i don't care much for getting the VF-1S v.2 1/60, already have the 1/48 version with TV Hikaru as pilot and both arms taken

off to recreate the scene with him and Misa getting the flock outta there! :lol:

I did that with the 1/60 2.0:

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

Here's something the 1/48 can't do:

IMG_1106.jpg

More in the Pose thread.

Also, my 2 cents on the 1S colors thing... Roy is by far my favorite, 'cause he's VF-84 Jolly Rogers.

Edited by DWN013

Yeah man i've been hanging out to check out your pics but didn't have time to remember over the weekend,

Here, office internet settings won't allow me to view pics from various sites.

Cool that you minused the arms off the 1/60! :D I'm gonna do that with the VF-1D ala gerwalk save Minmay epi 1.

Now i have thought to open up a new thread...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

:p can't see it being a happy place, everyone will be placing up all their VF-1's v.2's with crack'ness and of course the tons of broken shoulders being the VF-0's... then everyone will turn anti Yamato and the thread will be eventually locked due to the hate swell. :lol:

what if we make it a happy magical place where people use happy thoughts to only pose their maimed toys in creative ways?

you know though... the various yamato-hate threads have all died from apathy, or because the majority of people here actually like their yamato toys.

Edited by eugimon

Hoping changes were made, but wouldn't be surprised if they weren't.

technically there were no design changes because there wasn't anything wrong with the design. apparently the shoulder thing was a result of them being incorrectly assembled, but Yamato's slave drivers yelled at their Chinese sweat shop workers and now things are all better.

Hi Shin

I will check tonight for a comparison between the 1/48 and 1/60 shoulders. I do have a VF-1A Low Vis... as that is one of the older releases will it still be valid to make the comparison?

Also do i need to transform to do the check... I am not really sure what you want me to compare..

Thanks,

G

P.S Found a small what looks like an airbubble on my VF-1J cockpit visor :(

Comparing the new 1D with the old one (both Yamato 1/60)... I found that I like the old one better.

The new one has the nosecone too short? As they wish to be more "balanced" in battroid mode for the 1/60 v2 series I suppose.

Old:

vf1d-vf1a.jpg

fighter1.jpg

New:

3097434507_f14468db23.jpg

Yamato, sell us the 1/48 VF-1D!

Crud, still the same old crappy nose/canopy sculpt.

Chris

What do you mean "same old". It's completely different than the old 1/60 -1D, and actually pretty close to line-art.

Comparing the new 1D with the old one (both Yamato 1/60)... I found that I like the old one better.

The new one has the nosecone too short? As they wish to be more "balanced" in battroid mode for the 1/60 v2 series I suppose.

Old:

New:

Yamato, sell us the 1/48 VF-1D!

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I preferred the old "mosquito nose" on the original 1/60 VF-1D. The new one looks a little stubby. But it's not terrible, I'll still get one because I luvs me some two-seaters. It's been said that the stubby-ish nose is actually more correct (which is why the 1/48 was also "stubby nosed" compared to the 1/60). The problem is, the long canopy on the -1D accentuates the shortness of the nose on the new sculpt where on the old one it looked "just right" while the single-seaters looked long and spindly.

I have to admit, I've always liked Hasegawa's take on the -1D:

hsg65780_1.jpg

Vostok 7

If targeted purchases is a way to send a message to Yamato then the VF-1D is the aircraft to get.

Hopefully Yamato receives the message that people want two seaters.

The 1D might be the first of the new 1/60 that I buy.

Yeah, I still want to see them make a VF-0D or VF-0B. Or both, since the VF-0B would be easy to make once they've done the -0D.

Vostok 7

What do you mean "same old". It's completely different than the old 1/60 -1D, and actually pretty close to line-art.

Yeah, I hate to say it, but I preferred the old "mosquito nose" on the original 1/60 VF-1D. The new one looks a little stubby. But it's not terrible, I'll still get one because I luvs me some two-seaters. It's been said that the stubby-ish nose is actually more correct (which is why the 1/48 was also "stubby nosed" compared to the 1/60). The problem is, the long canopy on the -1D accentuates the shortness of the nose on the new sculpt where on the old one it looked "just right" while the single-seaters looked long and spindly.

I have to admit, I've always liked Hasegawa's take on the -1D:

hsg65780_1.jpg

Vostok 7

I was not refering to the V.1 VF-1D I was talking about the current sculpt. There was some talk that they may have been refining it since it isn't very accurate ( canopy seems too bulbous and not long enough). I was stating that it hasn't changed, and me-no-likey..... it's too VT-1ish for my taste.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Nice series of photos but the 1/48 can do it.

But the 1/48 1S can't do it... the bending out of the neck thing... at least I tried last night and it can't - or should...apply more pressure?

Pete

Yeah, I meant the 1/48 S can't do it. Specifically it can't recreate the scene where Hikaru cuts open the bulkhead to Misa.

Ohhh, is this is what it's about, ages ago i actually applied more force than usual and got the 1S head around really nicely,

give me a few mins to try and track down an old pic, the 1/48 1S can do it that's for sure.

Can the 1/60 v.2 do it??

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie