Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

thanks bro.

was it shown in an episode or

there are mechanical drawings

showing it?

In SDFM TV we get an inside view of Hikaru's 1D - and the chair(s) even move out when he's standing outside of Minmey's house. He's clearly sitting forward.

Only the 1/60 VF-Zeros and the 1/60 YF-21 have the chair swivel feature built into them. In fact, the YF-21 has a kind of "auto-transformation" feature for it which is quite cool.

Doing it with the VF-1s is unpractical given their very smal size apparently.

Pete

Something is different with the 1D... they've concealed the fuselage pushing the neck way up so there is more there than a simple repaint and different cockpit.

The -1D doesn't have a "dip" in the chest-plate where the back panel is like the single-seat VF-1s do.

vf-1a-battroid.gif

VF-1A

vf-1d-battroid.gif

VF-1D (notice it's "straight" across the top of the chest)

This effectively conceals the "proud fuselage" in the neck of the normal models. Otherwise, the head would have been too sunken into the chest like it is on the original 1/60

battroid1.jpg

Also, like it or not, the fighter is pretty accurate to the lineart:

vf-1d-fighter.gif

The nose is just a little stubby and the canopy too wide (which is why the original 1/60 is super-close in fighter mode), but otherwise it's pretty close.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Hmm... you know - I think I'm going to skip the 1S Max. I'm an SDFM TV fan and haven't really watched DYRL close enough and don't find myself longing for one. In fact - I would love it if there was a TV Max 1A with Zendradi Officer's coat so I could dress up his Gerwalk mode :)

As for the 1D - beautiful. Lovely. Want :)

Pete

You know one thing I just noticed looking over the Max-1S... Is it just me or is the seat WAY too far forward? It looks like poor Max' head is in the windscreen! According to the lineart the seat should be more in line with the canopy's cross bar. The -1D is more accurate with the cockpit in that respects (wonder if the new 2seater friendliness is the reason).

Vostok 7

If you're right - then hopefully it's because we'll be getting a "Virgin Road" Max 1A with wedding dress Milia :)

Pete

That would be nice :D

Hopefully it also means we get the VT-1 Super Ostrich, VE-1 ELINTseeker (those two would require a minor resculpt of the nose, cockpit and canopy) and VFER-1 Funny Chinese (which is just a VF-1D with similar gear to the ELINTseeker, just simpler). I'd buy each and every one of those. Since they obviously designed the new 1/60 to be two seater friendly, I can only hope that they milk it for all it's worth, considering there aren't THAT many two seater VF-1s.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Actually - what would be the crowning glory of the VF-1 1/60 v.2 would be if Yamato released the VF-1S Minmey Gaurd. JUST DO IT YAMATO :)

And then give us the Minmey Gaurd Brigade with a 1/60 Monster (Minmey Gaurd color scheme/decos) and Destroids (also Minmey Gaurd)...

And while I'm on the subject of fantasy wish list...

1/60 Cats Eye please :) With lovely Misa, and two pilots:

one alive and then an optional "cracked canopy" with slouched over dead pilot :)

Pete

A new fuselage mold! =D Looks much longer and more accurate to the VF-1D, as compared to the earlier prototype shots (which were a bit more round, thus similar to the Elintseeker and Ostrich). Awesome!

I want some of the crack you're smoking.

Given how unstable the Miriya Quad type is when posing her, I'm going to keep her away from Max 1S. Don't want her falling on him, and him falling off the shelf or something. I have nightmares about the Quid Rau keeling over and knocking everything down...

Either that, or I'll have to get kinky and just have Max tie her up or something...

Pete

Ahh come on Pete, use flexi stands! Even without them she stans fine. I'm gonna do some serious displays with Millia Q-Rau and Max's no.1 valk.

WO0 HOO! Max 1S picks!!! Thanks for the early christmas prezzies! :lol:

And i tell ya what, if that weathered Roy 1S is easy to get, i'll be getting that one as well.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I don't have any interest in the Max 1S either, but I'm glad they released it. It's a good sign. Since it was never done as a 1/48, hopefully this means they're gonna release more they didn't (really) do as 1/48s, like the Max and Kakizaki TV 1As.

And the 1D still looks stellar.

The -1D doesn't have a "dip" in the chest-plate where the back panel is like the single-seat VF-1s do.

<snip>

VF-1D (notice it's "straight" across the top of the chest)

This effectively conceals the "proud fuselage" in the neck of the normal models. Otherwise, the head would have been too sunken into the chest like it is on the original 1/60

Maybe this is what was meant by "designed from the beginning to accomodate two seaters" instead of the detachable nosecone; the high head in battroid means that while it sticks out a bit on the regular versions, it's at just the right height for a straight line chestpiece.

The VF-1D shown at Hobby Complex does not have the grey shoulder hinges shown in the promo ads, and now has the TV hands. Hmmm...if the Yamato page for it updates to include POM in the materials list, I think we can pretty much say that the only POM on the VF-1 toys(not the FAST packs which do have POM either on the parts or missles) is on the TV style hands.

Maybe this is what was meant by "designed from the beginning to accomodate two seaters" instead of the detachable nosecone; the high head in battroid means that while it sticks out a bit on the regular versions, it's at just the right height for a straight line chestpiece.

That's what I'm thinking, which is why I hope they make EVERY two seater VF-1 that was out there, and maybe even some non-canon color schemes. Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense to sacrifice some accuracy in the one seaters just to cater to the 3 or 4 versions of two seaters possible (if sticking strictly to canon, not including the one -1D repaint).

I wonder if it's time to give up hope for a VF-0D/VF-0B yet :(

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

I will admit that it looks better in that picture, BUT, still not what I was hoping for. After looking at the 1D in the picture and compairing it to the Max picture is the Canopy really any longer? I'm not complaining just I really don't think it is. It has been reshaped but I don't think it's longer. The rear edge that slopes up to the vertical back edge looks like it is more steep and the "roll bar" is obviously more forward and vertical but other than that, it doesn't look like it is longer. Cool for those that like it alot, I kinda do too, but I'm curious what you all think. Not bashing, just trying to look at it objectively and would like some objective opinions.

Chris

I hope they change the material used in the shoulders first.

THEN we can speculate about an Elint or Super Ostirch.

Let's hope Graham has gotten back into contact with Yamato.

... is the Canopy really any longer? I'm not complaining just I really don't think it is. It has been reshaped but I don't think it's longer. The rear edge that slopes up to the vertical back edge looks like it is more steep and the "roll bar" is obviously more forward and vertical but other than that, it doesn't look like it is longer.

Chris

Couldn't have said it better!!!

Your post sums up what they did. Those little changes make it look longer.

I like it, I'll get it :lol:

Nope. Actually, if you think about it, making the fuselage stick up so high in battroid makes it much harder to do a VF-1D correctly.

Nope. Actually, if you think about it, making the fuselage stick up so high in battroid makes it much harder to do a VF-1D correctly.

Well, then I fail to see how they've managed to make the design any more conducive to two-seaters than previous versions, since they haven't taken advantage of the detachable and movable nose to make the canopy any longer. <shrug>

Check out this new VF-1D pics with pilots & markings. Thought I find the nose shape now quite different fm previous pics.

Credits to SGcollect forum & Hobbystock blog.

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?s...0&start=120

The nose shape isn't different, we are just seeing it from a different angle is all. Yamato seems to love that above 3/4 view as their first pic for just about every release and it's probably the worst angle IMO for the 1/60 v2 and the 1/48 because it really exagerates the wide looking canopies.

Chris

Well, then I fail to see how they've managed to make the design any more conducive to two-seaters than previous versions, since they haven't taken advantage of the detachable and movable nose to make the canopy any longer. <shrug>
They haven't. The slide-up nose cone is a complete fiasco, because it makes battroid look wrong, and it makes a correct VF-1D impossible.