Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

I just saw the VF-1A at my local hobby store and it didn't seem to have the Strike cannon. What does it have in it's place?

you can replace the FP cover to make it either super or strike FP. i guess the pic on the 1A box shows it as a super FP coz AFAIK the 1A was never shown with strike FP on DYRL (correct me if i am wrong).

was disappointed and took that sony dslr back and exchanged it with a canon cuz the sony alpha 350 was too noisy at high iso settings

love the canon...especially the remote view functionality....XSI rocks :lol: or 450d to all you europeans

btw dante, what lens were you using when you took pics of your wham SDF-1?

Remote view rocks! Especially when taking pics of toys.

I used a Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5-5.6 IS at a distance of about three meters to get those shots with the extreme depth of field. Not the best zoom lens in the world but it does the job and is pretty affordable.

Remote view rocks! Especially when taking pics of toys.

I used a Canon EF-S 55-250mm F4-5-5.6 IS at a distance of about three meters to get those shots with the extreme depth of field. Not the best zoom lens in the world but it does the job and is pretty affordable.

thanks man, will look into that lens.

im also planning to get the cheap Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Autofocus Lens for the good bokeh it creates

going back to topic....so the hikaru super 1a will also have a strike cannon?

thanks man, will look into that lens.

im also planning to get the cheap Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Autofocus Lens for the good bokeh it creates

going back to topic....so the hikaru super 1a will also have a strike cannon?

Ah, yes, the venerable 50mm 1.8 :lol: don't plan, just get one :) you won't regret it :) It's relatively uber affordable and among the sharpest, if not the sharpest lens. I'd also recommend that you save up for Canon's new 18-200. It's not a professional lens performance-wise but that lens is absolutely indispensible, trust me.

I plan to upgrade my camera to the new Nikon D90, though, a move that'll have a big impact to my toy collecting :(

And, yes, the 1A will have the Strike but mine won't be displayed with such. I'll get mine probably next week :)

what is the material used for this 1/60 line? does it yellow easily?

The main material is ABS plastic. However, there are various grades and types of ABS plastic. Presumably some have some sort of aditive to prevent or reduce the chance of yellowing.

The 1/60 is too new and has not been out long enough to tell if the plastic will yellow or not.

All I can say is that none of my Yamato 1/48 toys have yellowed at all.

Graham

The main material is ABS plastic. However, there are various grades and types of ABS plastic. Presumably some have some sort of aditive to prevent or reduce the chance of yellowing.

The 1/60 is too new and has not been out long enough to tell if the plastic will yellow or not.

All I can say is that none of my Yamato 1/48 toys have yellowed at all.

Graham

Thanks ...Graham

this is very reassuring :)

will get more 1/60 v2 (my wallet doesn't allow me to collect all)

for sure ...i like this v2 very much...

I just got back from Greenhills here in Manila, and I picked up both a Super Hikky 1A, as well as a Super Roy 1S v.2. For those worrying, they both come with strike cannon and missle pod for the backpacks. Even the Hikky had the Strike attached in box, so you'll have to convert to the missle pack.

I have both out of box, and I totally love these. Perfect size, and its like Graham was always stating....rock solid. I just cant get enough of them. I'll slap on my 50mm lens here in a sec and take some pics. But man, I cant stop staring at them or handling them!!! And for those wondering about the price, I picked them up for about 140-150 each. But there was only the one store there that I saw both Supers in one place.

Got the VF-1S v2 last week and for me, this is the best VF-1S toy so far.

Looks great in all modes, the only thing I hated was the hamster pose pilot and the seat too close to the dash. I just finished rebuilding the cockpit and now it looks perfect. Time to go to sleep -_- , a pair of preview shots, more pictures tomorrow.

post-708-1220343211_thumb.jpg post-708-1220343179_thumb.jpg

Are there any pic comparisons between the old 1/60 VF1s and the new version? My old Roy Skull 1 broke the chest plate peg (the one that locks it in fighter mode) last year and I'm still undecided if a new toy is worth it or not.

Trust me, it's worth it. ^_^

Are there any pic comparisons between the old 1/60 VF1s and the new version? My old Roy Skull 1 broke the chest plate peg (the one that locks it in fighter mode) last year and I'm still undecided if a new toy is worth it or not.

Trust me, it's worth it. ^_^

Trust me when I tell you you should trust him :lol:

It's really worth it!!!

This new 1/60 VF-1S is worth buying even if it doesn't transform.

In fighter it looks amazing. The nosecone, which was always a common issue with the 1/55 and 1/48, is now the right size.

The tinted canopy is something I did not expect; whoever thought about it deserves recognition, it looks neat. The only problem was the ugly pilot but it is now fixed. This toy can compete with the Hasegawa 1/72 kit, that is how good it looks.

post-708-1220387003_thumb.jpg post-708-1220387054_thumb.jpg

I'll be making a post soon on my site (maybe next Monday?) with comparison pics of all the major VF-1 toys. You might find it handy... at least I hope you do, that's the point of the post. In the meantime I'll be updating old VF-1 posts so the scores present an accurate ranking. It's a pain but the summary goes: VF-1 v2.0 FTW.

This new 1/60 VF-1S is worth buying even if it doesn't transform.

In fighter it looks amazing. The nosecone, which was always a common issue with the 1/55 and 1/48, is now the right size.

The tinted canopy is something I did not expect; whoever thought about it deserves recognition, it looks neat. The only problem was the ugly pilot but it is now fixed. This toy can compete with the Hasegawa 1/72 kit, that is how good it looks.

post-708-1220387003_thumb.jpg post-708-1220387054_thumb.jpg

How did you make the cockpit roomier? :)