Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

To me all this shoulder talk is a lot like the BP8 talk with the 1/48. I had one BP8 break and I'm pretty sure it was largely my fault but I heard others who insisted that they had handled the part with care and that it had seized or broken for some odd reason. I've owned a LOT of 1/48s (I'm not Godzilla mind you) and while I was a bit more cautious with that particular part it wasn't anything I lived in dread of. I had a few "Whoa, glad nothing broke" moments when the toy would slip in my hand but that was about as nerve racking as it got.

This could be opposed to Yamato's monumental failure, the VF-0 toys. Those toys break, and break bad, with little interaction needed. I think it's just knowing how crappy the VF-0 shoulders are now that is ruining a lot of people's enjoyment of these new VF-1S toys. Just take a deep breath people and remember the BP8. Yes, there is a part here that can break but know this isn't the VF-0, it doesn't have to break on you. If you have gotten yourself so worried about it breaking it don't blame Yamato, that's an internal struggle you've got going on. Relax, enjoy the hell out of this toy, a LOT of people bought it and there seem to be more people complaining about their fear of it breaking than there are people actually saying it broke. Until that ratio changes there's no reason to do silly stuff like trying to loosen parts or fixing things that aren't broken.

All that said, if the number broken does surge upward I'll be amongst the first to grab a pitchfork.

Looking at my 1/60 last night I was so, so tempted to just try and pop the arm off since the shoulder joint appears to be a simple ball/socket affair. I almost gave it a tug, and then I realized that my life is filled with ironies and I would probably break the shoulder hinge clean off while trying to snap the arm back into it's socket. Maybe I'll just brace the hinge and sit down for an hour twirling the arm in circles until it loosens up. :p

It would happen to you would'nt it... :lol::lol::lol:

:ph34r:

Relax, enjoy the hell out of this toy, a LOT of people bought it and there seem to be more people complaining about their fear of it breaking than there are people actually saying it broke. Until that ratio changes there's no reason to do silly stuff like trying to loosen parts or fixing things that aren't broken.

All that said, if the number broken does surge upward I'll be amongst the first to grab a pitchfork.

Yeah, you're totally right, being cautious is stupid. :mellow:

And VF5SS---that's extremely trollish behaviour.

No it's not. It's the truth. Why would you spend hundreds of dollars on something you can't get replacement parts for if you live outside of Japan? We know the risks. We know how Yamato fixes their Macross products for people who live in Japan. Why bitch at what you can't change?

Until that ratio changes there's no reason to do silly stuff like trying to loosen parts or fixing things that aren't broken.

I don't think its silly to loosen the shoulders up, Yamato did it with the 1A, and so far no breakages have been reported on that.

No it's not. It's the truth. Why would you spend hundreds of dollars on something you can't get replacement parts for if you live outside of Japan? We know the risks. We know how Yamato fixes their Macross products for people who live in Japan. Why bitch at what you can't change?

No its trolling, you troll here and at toyboxdx, popping out of nowhere to post some images of new Macross toys from Yamato or randomly saying how bandai valks suck. Oh and everyone who bought the Yamato valk knows the risks, theres nothing wrong with pointing out problem prone areas on a toy for the sake of trying to help everyone out.

THANKS for the great comparison pics! Now can you throw it next to a 1/48. I guess I could later. I'm just lazy. ^_^

alrighty, then! :lol:

pls do bear in mind that my old 1/48 Hikky-1A is still somehow retaining it's ghetto-lined (#2 pencils ftw!) self so it kinda stands out a bit from the shots, while the 1/60 has yet to find any pencil near it. B))

so...

pic001zj4.th.jpg pic003nq4.th.jpg pic005oz2.th.jpg

pic006lk2.th.jpg

pic002ir4.th.jpg pic008ky9.th.jpg picru4.th.jpg

enjoy!

Well, you guys have fun being afraid of your toys. As for me, I'm going to have fun posing

Its not so much fear of breakage, its taking the initiative to reduce chances of breakage. I play with my toys quite often and unlike model kits, they survive my handling. Case in point, all of my plamo are broken; my 1/48 is still going strong 5 years later. My new 1/60 is still in one piece after numerous transformations, frequent posing, et al.

So yea I'm having fun posing too! I just hate the hinge tension but all of you know my stance on that.

I was too at one point, while I was at Universal City walk, a while back one of the toy stores there had both the MPC's and a few Yamato's in. I saw the MPC's and said WOW, then I saw the Yamato VF-1A and said "Do you take VISA?" It was a happy day! :p

Hi Everyone,

I received my VF-1A yesterday, transformed fighter to gerwalk and it was just perfect but when I tried from gerwalk to battroid and was the problem occured.

As in the manual step 01 and 02, push the legs opposite direction to have engine part get deteched from the top part. The right leg got detached ok but when I pushed the left leg, I saw this little piece connecter got broken. (I've attached the photos) So I couldn't detach it because this piece was stuck to the upper side.

So, I stopped and took the photos and sent emails to HLJ for an exchange. Today they sent me a reply that they will contact with Yamato and will send me a replacement parts. I replied back that I don't want the replacement parts instead get it exchaged. But HLJ sent me a reply saying that it will be up to Yamato but their policy is generally to send replacement parts. Is this sound right? I thougth HLJ supposed to have merchandise exchanged when they are defect.

Will it be easy to change the parts myself? Do they include the instruction with the replacement parts?

I never had any problem with my VF-1S even after 6-7 times transformation.

Please give me some advise.

post-7172-1221118631_thumb.jpg

post-7172-1221118648_thumb.jpg

post-7172-1221118659_thumb.jpg

post-7172-1221118683_thumb.jpg

The Chunky looks just as ugly AFAIC. Look at the hidious FAST packs!

*ducks*

Very true, however, comparing a toy from mid 80's to a toy that was made what, 2-3 years ago that is labled "Masterpiece Collection", somehow just makes it all wrong in so many ways. I've been dumping all my crapnami toys for the new VF-1 ver.2s. There's just no reason to keep anything that inferior anymore. I am, however, going to be taking my YF-1R, and customizing a new 1/60 and making it a Jack Archer custom. Why? just cause. Anyways. I don't have much else to do with some of my busted crapnamis.

Hi Everyone,

I received my VF-1A yesterday, transformed fighter to gerwalk and it was just perfect but when I tried from gerwalk to battroid and was the problem occured.

As in the manual step 01 and 02, push the legs opposite direction to have engine part get deteched from the top part. The right leg got detached ok but when I pushed the left leg, I saw this little piece connecter got broken. (I've attached the photos) So I couldn't detach it because this piece was stuck to the upper side.

So, I stopped and took the photos and sent emails to HLJ for an exchange. Today they sent me a reply that they will contact with Yamato and will send me a replacement parts. I replied back that I don't want the replacement parts instead get it exchaged. But HLJ sent me a reply saying that it will be up to Yamato but their policy is generally to send replacement parts. Is this sound right? I thougth HLJ supposed to have merchandise exchanged when they are defect.

Will it be easy to change the parts myself? Do they include the instruction with the replacement parts?

I never had any problem with my VF-1S even after 6-7 times transformation.

Please give me some advise.

replacing the broken part should be easy. the thigh/leg assembly can be pulled out from the hip bar and then unscrew

That part that you broke could have easily happened on my vf-1s. It didn't come out easily when I first transformed and when I tried to go from battroid back to gerwalk, that top tab wouldn't fit back into the hole. After trying to jam it back in, it seems I've worn down a lot of that tab and now I think its smaller than the hole. Now they come out really easily but I think if the side tab and hip bar wasn't there the leg would just fall off.

Edited by jackdaniels

Now, for a taste of things to come!

MORTALLL KOMBATTT!!!

Also....nice comparison chart mate!

Edited by misterryno

alrighty, then! :lol:

pls do bear in mind that my old 1/48 Hikky-1A is still somehow retaining it's ghetto-lined (#2 pencils ftw!) self so it kinda stands out a bit from the shots, while the 1/60 has yet to find any pencil near it. B))

so...

enjoy!

GREAT comparisons once again! THANKS!!!

it's amazing how with time and technology things get better and better....I can't even fathom in 10 more years, what will the VF-1 toys look like... yeah, you can bet your ass that in 10 more years the we'll still be getting more VF-1's, hahahaha

:lol::lol::lol: ......and they'll transform on their own..... ^_^

Which Optimus Prime toy is this?

That's the Hasbro "Battle Damage" version of the MP-1

EDIT----> My bad...shoulda looked to see if it had already been answered.

Edited by misterryno

In regards to replacement or repair that has a lot to do with the individual manufacturer retailer. Keep in mind for the most part HLJ is going to have their hands tied by whatever Yamato’s policy is. It’s not like Yamato can send out replacements because they are going into their pocket to solve Yamato’s problem. I’m sure that everyone can agree that it’s not HLJ’s job to fix Yamato’s mistakes. I’m sure that HLJ would like nothing more for Yamato’s warranty policy to be an “exchange” policy, but that obviously is not the case.

So if you want to be upset that it broke get pissed at Yamato.

If you want to be pissed that you get replacement parts and not a new toy from top to bottom get pissed at Yamato

To me it sounds to me like HLJ is getting screwed just as bad as the customer is. They get all the pissed off calls, all the pissed up follow up calls (multiply that by 5-10) and at the end of the entire transaction HLJ comes out looking like that bad guys. It’s human nature to only get upset at the people that they can see/communicate.

In a sense Yamato is brilliant.

The Chunky looks just as ugly AFAIC. Look at the hidious FAST packs!

One is historic, the other is a copy, take your pick. Not to mention the former was designed more than 20 years ago, the other one was more recent, the latter has no excuse.

While I think the MPC is a better toy than the first 1/60, the new 1/60 blows both away. The 1st 1/60 was an ambitious design but flawed. The new one is excellent, except for the shoulder hinge. I definitely like the new 1/60 far more than my 1st edition 1/60 VF-1A Hikaru from way back, and my 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru.

While I think the MPC is a better toy than the first 1/60, the new 1/60 blows both away. The 1st 1/60 was an ambitious design but flawed. The new one is excellent, except for the shoulder hinge.

QFTW!!!