Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

Interesting how the last three posters here all have custom titles. Ryan's keeps changing I noticed.

Yeah........I've had it for a few years now, dunno why or how I got that title, it's just weird.

I think now I need to invest into some Yamato stands or something to get that dramatic and poseable look going. Anywhere near any cheap places?

But on topic, I am having a real hard time waiting for the VF-1J hikaru to come out as that was going to be my first purchase of this line followed by the VF-1D. But That VF-1A Hikaru is looking so nice I may get itchy trigger finger. It is really hard to hold out. I am even considering getting it and then selling it once the 1J comes out. Is that a stupid idea?

To me its a stupid idea because you would be wasting money on account of being impatient. Just save up for the 1J. Hopefully it has even more improvements than the 1A. The 1A Hikaru is beautiful and surprisingly hard to resist but thats if one of your favorite characters is Hikaru. DYRL made the 1A look bad ASS. In the show, the 1A looked so bloated. Then you get the scene in DYRL before Hikaru blows his armor off and tells off Misa. THAT scene showed an incredible drawing of the 1A. It went beyond from cannon fodder to GOD DAMN AWESOME LOOKING.

In conclusion just save up for the 1J. Its just 2 months.

To show the poseability...check out the ability to recreate this oft used pose from the TV show

Also, after 2 days of performing the shoulder fix, I have found no problems and I have not needed to brace the shoulders much at all, yet the arms still hold their poses. The FAST pack arm armors are light, so it shouldn't weigh the arms down too much, I just put them on and felt barely any difference. Now if you put the GPS-1 arm armor on....yep, that will be the true test.

post-470-1221494394_thumb.jpg

post-470-1221494402_thumb.jpg

post-470-1221494409_thumb.jpg

post-470-1221494418_thumb.jpg

post-470-1221494424_thumb.jpg

post-470-1221494431_thumb.jpg

post-470-1221494452_thumb.jpg

post-470-1221494459_thumb.jpg

post-470-1221494467_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

To show the poseability...check out the ability to recreate this oft used pose from the TV show

Also, after 2 days of performing the shoulder fix, I have found no problems and I have not needed to brace the shoulders much at all, yet the arms still hold their poses.

I almost fear replying to how awesome I think your pics are for I may be spamming if I do so. Oh well.....I think your pics are AWESOME!!! THANKS for sharing them!

:ph34r:

Oh well.....I think your pics are AWESOME!!! THANKS for sharing them!

You're welcome! I have a 1/48 and while it was good for its time, and still a great toy, the new 1/60 overall has tighter joints, and looks much better in poses. It looks very reminiscent of how it appears when moving onscreen, and the 1/48 never looked as good with its more skeletal proportions.

Also, is it me, or is Yamato actually molding their 1/60 VF-1's in a greyish white? At first I thought mine was bone white, with a hint of yellow, then bright white, now, the more I look at it, it has a dimmer tint. If there really is a grey additive, then I am happy since this thing will not yellow! Plus..grey>white

Also, is it me, or is Yamato actually molding their 1/60 VF-1's in a greyish white? At first I thought mine was bone white, with a hint of yellow, then bright white, now, the more I look at it, it has a dimmer tint. If there really is a grey additive, then I am happy since this thing will not yellow! Plus..grey>white

Hmmmm....now that is a good question. I will compare it to my current 1/48 VF-1S and also to my v.2 1/60 VF-1A when I receive it from LOS. I am certain I will be able to provide an answer then.

Hmmmm....now that is a good question. I will compare it to my current 1/48 VF-1S and also to my v.2 1/60 VF-1A when I receive it from LOS. I am certain I will be able to provide an answer then.

The 1/48 is definitely lighter but not by much. Right now my 1/60 is near my Hasbro MP Starscream which is bright white, and my origin of valkyrie VF-1J which is definitely grey, and my 1/60 is darker than the former, but lighter than the latter.

I almost fear replying to how awesome I think your pics are for I may be spamming if I do so. Oh well.....I think your pics are AWESOME!!! THANKS for sharing them!

Are you serious? The poses may be awesome, but Shin needs to turn on the damn lights! :D And remove the clutter in the background. I'm not saying this to dis' Shin's pics, but to question your sanity. :D

Are you serious? The poses may be awesome, but Shin needs to turn on the damn lights! :D And remove the clutter in the background. I'm not saying this to dis' Shin's pics, but to question your sanity. :D

:lol: I do concur with exactly as you say....but they are awesome nonetheless. And I am sane.....partially.

While I love both the 1/60 v.2 and the 1/48, I have to agree with a conversation that I had with ChowYunSkinny that the Fighter mode looks a little better on the 1/48. Particularly the whole nose section. I like the form on the 1/48 way better, and feel that the 1/60's is a little on the stubby side. But damn if they both aren't near perfect. If some of the fixes of the 1/60 could be applied to the 1/48, I think you'd have a damn good looking large scale fighter. Same if they were to go back and reshape the whole front nose section on the 1/60.

In low light, when I first got my 1/60 VF-1a I thought it was actually tinted slightly greenish, which was offputting. I've seen quite a few white plastic molded figures and models that had this greenish tint and I've never liked it. In regular light, it seems normal, if a bit creamy colored. Definitely not perfect bone white, though.

The poses may be awesome, but Shin needs to turn on the damn lights! biggrin.gif And remove the clutter in the background. I'm not saying this to dis' Shin's pics, but to question your sanity. biggrin.gif

I know, I know man! =). I just couldn't resist snapping shots of it in that pose. Man do you know how long I've waited for a PT valk toy that could pose like that? Like in the cartoon? Its a long time coming! The reason I was so pissed about the shoulder hinges was because, what if I was in the midst of some awesome pose making action, and the fuR%^&*ing arm came off? THATs why! Luckily with my fix, I don't think it will happen!

Damn...if I see the Hikaru 1A at a con with Super packs for a good price, I am most likely picking it up, especially if HLJ has a booth like they did at Otakon. Definitely saving up for the regular 1J and 1D.

Same if they were to go back and reshape the whole front nose section on the 1/60.

I totally agree with you here. With the 1/48 being the size it is....it's just too "flimsy" for me to mess with too much.

the ver 2 1/60 has big gaps on the legs and under the nosecone that bother me.

In which mode? I'm looking at my fighter mode but I am unsure of what you are saying.

While comparing my v.2 1/60 1-S Roy with my 1/55 1A Hikaru and my 1/55 1S Super Hikaru the V.2 1/60 is fo sho darker.....but the 1/55 1A I am going to have to say is "pure" or "bright" white. Not many companies made many valks that bright.

It's not just the proportions on the 1/48 (fighter) that I like better, the ver 2 1/60 has big gaps on the legs and under the nosecone that bother me.

But whatever, it's still sweet.

I think both fighters have different pros and cons, but I favor the 1/60. In profile, the 1/48 fighter has a nicer/sleeker looking nose and canopy, but the shoulders hang way too low. From a front schematic view, the 1/48 also has a really wide canopy. So it depends on what things bother you or excite you more. For me, the 1/60's humped canopy doesn't bother me as much as the 1/48's issues.

I think both fighters have different pros and cons, but I favor the 1/60. In profile, the 1/48 fighter has a nicer/sleeker looking nose and canopy, but the shoulders hang way too low. From a front schematic view, the 1/48 also has a really wide canopy. So it depends on what things bother you or excite you more. For me, the 1/60's humped canopy doesn't bother me as much as the 1/48's issues.

And I agree. The canopy itself is perfect on the 1/60. While the rest of the nose section is perfect on the 1/48. Personally, I feel the rest of the "body" of the 1/60 feels and reminds me a lot of a Hasegawa. The arms fit perfect, and dont hang down like the 1/48.

But I still love them regardless. Either purchase you can't go wrong, IMO. And I will continue to purchase the 1/60's. I was thinking about maybe finding 2 more of the 1A's to simply repaint into a Max and Kakizaki, but right now I don't feel like spending another 300 to obtain them. I'm kind of more in a model building mood. Or maybe picking up a 0S/0A and doing a "Fighters of Roy" tribute.

We'll see.

And I agree. The canopy itself is perfect on the 1/60. While the rest of the nose section is perfect on the 1/48. Personally, I feel the rest of the "body" of the 1/60 feels and reminds me a lot of a Hasegawa. The arms fit perfect, and dont hang down like the 1/48.

But I still love them regardless. Either purchase you can't go wrong, IMO. And I will continue to purchase the 1/60's. I was thinking about maybe finding 2 more of the 1A's to simply repaint into a Max and Kakizaki, but right now I don't feel like spending another 300 to obtain them. I'm kind of more in a model building mood. Or maybe picking up a 0S/0A and doing a "Fighters of Roy" tribute.

We'll see.

That's one of my favorite things about the v.2 1/60...how the arms are held up in fighter mode. You can do that with a 1/48....just not as well and it is harder to perform. I also thought about getting a couple of 1As to repaint but I believe that they will come out with Max and Kakizaki versions. I will be dropping the extra dough for sure if they do come out with them. I'd like to see the 0S/0A "Fighters of Roy" tribute....that would be damn sweet....make sure you take some pics!

: / well no word from LAF on shipping of the VF-1A...my stuff still says CC Pending....dammit, I'm getting antsy.

I looked at the page yesterday and it no longer says that "this item will be in stock...." on the bottom of the page. So I am thinking that they got their shipment in. Then again....if you have not gotten your payment request or payment taken out yet...maybe he has not gotten the shipment in yet.

It sounds like I'm gonna need to get one of these... I'm totally tapped out right now collecting JP G1 TFs tho, haven't even gotten the new 21 yet... hopefully a 1A CF comes out, and I'll grab that. Wonder how long a new GBP takes...

I am uncertain myself when a 1A CF will come out. IIRC the 1/48 CF did not come out till the 2nd releases. Now a GBP....prob. shortly after the 1J Hikaru.

Hikky's on my desk...

Enjoying a much needed break from work this week and finally got a chance to get the 1/60 VF-1A out and fully examine it...WOW! :lol:

This little mota-scoota is pretty neat! It has probably already been said, but if you're the type that likes to play with your Valks no worries with this one. Everything is tight and clickity and locks into place. Anywho, here's few pics of it along with the other Hikaru fighters with the exception of the v1 1/60 VF-1A. And yes, that's a busted up VF-1J with armor lying on my desk. Never let the cleaning lady near your toys.

Awaiting payment from Molly Maid...

:angry:

OO

gallery_7126_36_42120.jpg

gallery_7126_36_722861.jpg

gallery_7126_36_184490.jpg

Hikky's on my desk...

Enjoying a much needed break from work this week and finally got a chance to get the 1/60 VF-1A out and fully examine it...WOW! :lol:

This little mota-scoota is pretty neat! It has probably already been said, but if you're the type that likes to play with your Valks no worries with this one. Everything is tight and clickity and locks into place. Anywho, here's few pics of it along with the other Hikaru fighters with the exception of the v1 1/60 VF-1A. And yes, that's a busted up VF-1J with armor lying on my desk. Never let the cleaning lady near your toys.

Awaiting payment from Molly Maid...

:angry:

OO

WOOT WOOT!!! Are you excited to finally get to play with the 1A? MORE PICS MORE POSES!!!!

Damn cleaning people. They don't care about what happens to peoples personals. <_<

Well I just hope that when my 1S arrives it'll be a ok.

Pete

I'm sure when it gets to you it will be okay. There have been very few that have had any sorts of problems before they reached their owner. You'll be alright. ^_^ .

I just want to say again how much I love my 1S. It really is making me want to get more. The tightness of the toy astounds me every time I pick it up. I still haven't transformed it, mostly to avoid the breakage of the shoulder joint. Too bad making 34k a year in one of the top five most expensive areas in the USA doesn't afford much. I would have orderef the 1A and 1J already. Tad bit annoying, that.

.....and I really, really want the VF-1D

:(

Heh, I have my Hikky in a "Alto" mode from when Alto jumped into the 25 while it was in gerwalk. So the tail section is deployed and the gun aimed. Maybe I'll take pics later. I dig it though.

Hells YEAH you should take pics! You know we all wanna see the baddest poses out there!

I still haven't transformed it, mostly to avoid the breakage of the shoulder joint.

Gently remove the shoulder armor and then loosen the shoulder screws. To further avoid breakage, when going from fighter to gerwalk, gently lift the hinge above the stopper/bump that keeps the hinge in place in gerwalk/battroid modes.

Gently remove the shoulder armor and then loosen the shoulder screws. To further avoid breakage, when going from fighter to gerwalk, gently life the hinge above the stopper/bump that keeps the hinge in place in gerwalk/battroid modes.

He means "lift" the hinge.