TR2N

I just saw trailer #3, holy crap. I can't believe what they can do with CG nowadays. Young Flynn looks amazing. When Arnie's face popped up on Terminator Salvation, I was already impressed. It's exciting to think what they can do in movies.....

as a long time TRON fan, i'm excited about this, yet fully prepared for possible (Probable) disappointment...

I've discovered that I'm quite easy to please when I go into a film expecting it to be schlocky entertainment. Thus explaining my defence of the Prequels and of ROTF :) And I've recently discovered the A-Team and regret not seeing it in the theatres.

Just saw it. First Macrossworlder?? Yeah!!!!

Great film, could have had a bit of a stronger ending. Jeff Bridges was great, as was the rest of the cast. I'll do a full review tomorrow morning. And Shiroth was right, the soundtrack is excellent and goes brilliantly with the film.

Will be seeing this one again.

Goodnight.

When Arnie's face popped up on Terminator Salvation, I was already impressed.

Personally I thought Arnie's face looked kinda dodgy in T-Salvation (but I did like the movie overall).

What they should do is re-release "The Last Starfighter" with updated computer animation, that would be worth seeing (OK - Maybe not, since the movie itself stunk)

Just saw it. First Macrossworlder?? Yeah!!!!

Great film, could have had a bit of a stronger ending. Jeff Bridges was great, as was the rest of the cast. I'll do a full review tomorrow morning. And Shiroth was right, the soundtrack is excellent and goes brilliantly with the film.

Will be seeing this one again.

Goodnight.

This.

Edited by Chewie

Guess this makes me the fourth M-worlder to have seen it. I dunno, maybe I'm just jaded but the story seemed bland and uninteresting to me. It didn't help that the lead actor was so dull and lacking in emotion. One minute he's "here," the next minute "there" and with all of "this" going on, but the events of the story don't seem to faze him at all. I can only guess the Steven Segal school of non-acting is his alma mater. I almost wished that Shia LeBouf had been about to give the characters a shot of excitement with his trademark sputtering and over-acting. I would say that the Zeus character stole the entire movie, as every other actor was so wooden it was like watching a broadway play called "All about Hayden Christensen."

In regards to the story, well, there's alot of...talking...about the digital frontier and a revolutionizing of the human experience, but it just seemed pointless and again uninteresting. All of that talking also containted some of the lamest diaologue I've ever heard. "Bio-digital jazz, man!" The Tron universe and hence the story just didn't grab my attention and get me to care. I guess part of the problem is that Tron is a story from like, 30 years ago. Back then, we could only dream of what the "digitial frontier" could do for us, but in the year 2010, we're living it, we don't need to fantasize about it. What we're given is a dry, talky experience that just doesn't have any style outside of the glowing blue, yellow and red suits...

Anyway, what format did you guys see it in? Imax 3D? There's this new 'tech they're calling "RealD 3d." Wasn't sure if this was a just a local name for this new format. I'm not sure I understand the difference between Imax 3D and RealD 3D; all I know is that I have a goddamn headache that I never experienced in Imax...

Edited by myk

Saw in 2D. Good, not great. I think part of the problem is that there's just no way to "wow" people now with a digital world. The Matrix already explored a similar aspect, and half of all SciFi movies have a "cyberspace" scene inside the computer etc. As a big fan of Reboot, I was of course drawing constant parallels---users, games, programs.

Anyways--I didn't like Zeus at all. Seemed very out of place, and a waste of 20 mins IMHO.

Finally---Kevin Flynn's dialogue is supposed to be lame/old/hippie. He's stuck in the 80's, and he was still stuck in the 70's back then... I personally liked it. Or, just imagine he's channeling "The Dude".

PS---no after-credit sequence. The obvious one they could have done, I think is going to be expanded into "TR3N" or something. On a related note, where's my

unmasked Rinzler

figure? The lack of that in the movie itself too, is a disappointment.

I like Daft Punk, and I loved the music they put together for this film. Actually, the whole soundtrack sounded really good. Overall, a good 3-D movie, but I would've liked more action sequences. Especially if they involved the tanks. And yes, it felt really laggy at times but I couldn't get my mind off one thing: there's roast pork in the Grid?

HI all,

Just got back from seeing it! Thoght it was really cool actually.. Really glad to see that if you hadn't seen the first movie then u wouldn't be lost within the 2nd... Course now I gotta go watch the original, lol... Never even seen it!

Ummm, bout Rinzler

Rinzler is Tron, "reeducated"

Went to see the film at the IMAX today, and i must say i was absolutely blown away. The visuals of the grid and the Dark Punk score are easily the high points of the film, though it's nice that the story isn't that bad either. Some of the writing and dialogue make you think you're watching a film from the 80s, though that was probably the theme they were going for.

My god that Daft Punk score. I've been listening to it quite a bit since the CD release, though it was a total different experience hearing it during the film. Especially once we entered

the 'End of Line' club. Nice Daft Punk cameo as well.

I'm hoping the release of this film means a re-release of the original. A lot of my friends won't go and see Legacy because they haven't seen the original. :(

Edited by shiroth

The predictability and the lack of story didn't bug me. This is Tron after all. The original wasn't the greatest as far as plot but was all about the experience with all the cool rides and games. In that way I thought it lived up to the movie and was rather enjoyable. In the beginning they really pushed the whole "we're in a computer" and must therefore act all stiff and wooden, but after a while that wears off. The lead actor Same sucked. No charisma at all and young Jeff Bridges as CLU or Flynn never left the uncanny valley. That was horrid even in the digital world. But again, enjoyable where it had to be: the games and the action set pieces.

I never really felt that the plot was predictable, more that it was the natural progression of what would happen after the first movie.

I think it'll be interesting to see what a system connected to the intertubes will look like, which is where I assume the franchise is going as sam and 13 dive into the emcom systems.

Saw this movie last night and really loved it. My one and only gripe is that it didn't have some kind of post credits scene.

This could have been really short, just showing the ultimate fate of Tron. As far as I could tell he didn't de-rez, he just went back to the blue/white coloring that the good guys have

Saw this movie last night and really loved it. My one and only gripe is that it didn't have some kind of post credits scene.

This could have been really short, just showing the ultimate fate of Tron. As far as I could tell he didn't de-rez, he just went back to the blue/white coloring that the good guys have

A few people are saying a third film could happen, with the fate of Tron easily being one of them. I don't think we need another film, though it would be nice to see much more of Tron.

Good flick overall, but I think it really would've benifitted from more exposition. What purpose did the Games serve? What was the state of the city? Where did al those programs come from? These could've been explored in the film and really help make it come alive.

Right. I mean, why would a "program" need games/entertainment, a lounge club with a David Bowie type lunatic running it, and like David H. asked, where did the pork come from? Dull story, staid acting, too many unanswered questions, I'm now reaching for my copy of the Matrix...

Edited by myk

Right. I mean, why would a "program" need games/entertainment, a lounge club with a David Bowie type lunatic running it, and like David H. asked, where did the pork come from? Dull story, staid acting, too many unanswered questions, I'm now reaching for my copy of the Matrix...

all that was an attempt by Flynn to create the scenario of a perfect world. A sort of microcosm of what the real world would be if it was done from scratch. I'm not sure how alcohol plays into that but then again, this is a guy that uses terms like "bio-digital jazz". Screw the Matrix, I still think Reboot is still a better idea of what inside a computer would be like... lol.

Saw this movie 2 days ahead of release date(brother works at IMax). Like many of you here, I was enamored with Daft Punk's music in the film. Also for awhile I forgot that I was watching a Disney film, considering how violent the programs bite it through out the movie. Overall a very enjoyable film.

Because it's all recycled code from video games. They play games because thats what they were programmed to do and there was music in the games, thus a program for the music. And there was a lot of "real" stuff at flynn's place.