TR2N

I cant believe how many people fell for the hype of 3d. That poo just makes me dizzy and ill. Tried to view the new 3d tv and I had to take the glasses after 3 min watching some demo football game. My wife lasted 30 seconds. My kid lasted 1. Its just a tool to stop pirating and pass the headache on to the consumer.

Yeah the Real3D gave me a headache-I never had a problem with IMAX though. Alot of people I know aren't comfortable with any 3D format. I actually haven't experienced a 3D t.v. yet-I'm definitely curious though...

This was the first movie that didn't drive my eyes nuts or give me a headache. I'm nearsighted with astigmatism, so usually I have a hell of a time at 3D movies.

And yeah, I hope it is just a fad that dies off soon. ESPECIALLY the televisions. You want me to watch it in 3D at the theater? Fine, I can deal. At home? Until the technology improves forget it. I'll wait until we have holograms or some poo.

I'm near sighted with astigmatism as well, I've never had a problem with 3D movies.

But yeah, 3D at home needs to be figured out because the current system of competing, proprietary, incompatible systems is unbelievably stupid.

Oh it's you with that avatar. I didn't realize you had changed it and was wondering who the hotshot posting everywhere was.

I think it depends on where you sit and how you wear the glasses - over your real glasses. With Tron I was able to get them set at the perfect angle, so maybe that is the key.

Oh it's you with that avatar. I didn't realize you had changed it and was wondering who the hotshot posting everywhere was.

I think it depends on where you sit and how you wear the glasses - over your real glasses. With Tron I was able to get them set at the perfect angle, so maybe that is the key.

hah, says the guy who changed his name and avatar! ;)

Yeah, I try to sit in the middle of the theater, at eye level with the middle of the screen. I'm sure there's lots of little stuff that affect the 3D performance and comfort from person to person.

Spoiler? Cut scene that was supposed to have run after the credits:

apparently, there was a scene cut that would've happened after the credits of Tron washing up on shore. test audiences were confused, not realizing he was still alive, just unconscious, so they cut it.

apparently, there was a scene cut that would've happened after the credits of Tron washing up on shore. test audiences were confused, not realizing he was still alive, just unconscious, so they cut it.

As long as it gets put back in the bluray.

I'm surprised they didn't leave it in anyway. I mean, that's what after credit scenes are for, to leave questions and doubt about the story and possibly set the stage for a sequel. I do think that particular scene would be redundant though, I mean we already see what happens to Tron before the end...

I'm surprised they didn't leave it in anyway. I mean, that's what after credit scenes are for, to leave questions and doubt about the story and possibly set the stage for a sequel. I do think that particular scene would be redundant though, I mean we already see what happens to Tron before the end...

That doesn't really make sense to me. If I saw him lying there and his disk begins to glow then I'd get it. But wash ashore? I'd be wondering what Jason Bourne is doing in the grid.

ZOMG, they HAVE to put that on the blu-ray release; that would be epic win-ness and an open door for chapter III!!!!

Flynn designed the world.

He was from a world that had or used such things. It's not even remotely a stretch to have these things in a world created and imagined by a human.

That argument doesn't work because when he went to the Tron world in the first movie the programs were already people and he hadn't designed that world, just one of the programs there.

That argument doesn't work because when he went to the Tron world in the first movie the programs were already people and he hadn't designed that world, just one of the programs there.

I haven't seen the original Tron in a very looooong time, but wasn't the reason that Flynn broke into the Encom building that Encom had stolen some of Flynn's work and used it for their own purposes?

I haven't seen the original Tron in a very looooong time, but wasn't the reason that Flynn broke into the Encom building that Encom had stolen some of Flynn's work and used it for their own purposes?

Yep, he was there to find proof that Encom had stolen games that Flynn designed. Clu was a program that Flynn wrote to look for that proof...but we all know what happened to the original Clu.

Boy, there sure are some people that really didn't like this movie, but it seems that there are more who liked it than didn't. I tried to watch it last night, but the friggin movie sold out just as I was buying a ticket.....DAMMIT!!! It must be doing well.

The new world they were in was designed and created by Flynn, Tron and CLU.

Actually, ENCOM did not steal Flynn's work. Ed Dillinger stole Flynn's work to become a senior executive of ENCOM.

Anyway, a couple of reviews:

Edited by areaseven

I don't think its doing well enough at the box office for that....

Taksraven

Lol, wow, you're new avatar-makes me feel like I'm in a dream sequence myself. If I were to do an Inception avatar it would be where Mal stabs Ariadne, but that might be a bit much...

When you work for a company, and you invent something that directly involves your work, the company owns that idea. There are some idiots on the web that do not grasp this. Sort of like, the fact that they are paying you has nothing to do with it. That is NOT what the first TRON was about.

The new world they were in was designed and created by Flynn, Tron and CLU.

Yea but what I'm saying is that programs were already represented as human in the old world that Flynn DIDN'T create. So the argument that programs look and act like human's because Flynn designed the world that way doesn't work. They looked and acted that way way before the Grid was designed specifically to be entered into by humans. The old Tron world was just a regular (sort of) computer system.

Yea but what I'm saying is that programs were already represented as human in the old world that Flynn DIDN'T create. So the argument that programs look and act like human's because Flynn designed the world that way doesn't work. They looked and acted that way way before the Grid was designed specifically to be entered into by humans. The old Tron world was just a regular (sort of) computer system.

Personally, I think it's best to just accept that Tron is just a modern allegory for various creation/fall/messiah stories and accept the stuff like human looking programs as part of that framework.

You're missing the point. What everyone's saying is that this particular system is highly influenced by Flynn, say he likes pork, so he writes in pork, etc.

When you work for a company, and you invent something that directly involves your work, the company owns that idea.

Only if you signed on intellectual property agreement beforehand. At the time of the original Tron that was somewhat rare, and in that case it would go to court - usually if you wrote something (and only tested and kept code at HOME) you had the ability to claim it was seperate from work. If you used any equipment from work, or had the code on a work machine of any kind you would lose.

I didn't have to sign my first agreement of that type in 92 or so, even then it was "optional", of course so was the job...

Last but not least, some of these agreements cover ANYTHING that you create while working for a company, you make it then they own it. I'd suppose this last type could be challenged in court and voided, but I've not heard of any direct cases - plenty of indirect ones like the Brats dolls though.

(Seems like I've gone off on a tangent again)

Only if you signed on intellectual property agreement beforehand. At the time of the original Tron that was somewhat rare, and in that case it would go to court - usually if you wrote something (and only tested and kept code at HOME) you had the ability to claim it was seperate from work. If you used any equipment from work, or had the code on a work machine of any kind you would lose.

I didn't have to sign my first agreement of that type in 92 or so, even then it was "optional", of course so was the job...

Last but not least, some of these agreements cover ANYTHING that you create while working for a company, you make it then they own it. I'd suppose this last type could be challenged in court and voided, but I've not heard of any direct cases - plenty of indirect ones like the Brats dolls though.

And that's not what happened in Tron. What happened is that Flynn created the code for Space Paranoids and the rest, but before he could take it to his superiors Ed Dillinger swooped in, stole it, and presented it as his own work. Thus he got the promotion and promptly fired Flynn, thus beginning his meteoric rise to Senior Exec.

Personally, I think it's best to just accept that Tron is just a modern allegory for various creation/fall/messiah stories and accept the stuff like human looking programs as part of that framework.

Yea I agree. In fact I don't think the programs acting like humans is that silly, it could just be part of how the human mind interprets the digital world. I just don't think "because Flynn created it" is the explanation.

They weren't rare at all back then. There's couple of very famous stories that illustrate it actually, like the creation of the post-it and Apple computers.

Edited by eugimon

First 3D movie I ever watched and I liked it. It was that RealD3D where you had to put on the glasses.

Flynn created the new GRID on his own servers and imported Tron over to protect it.

They released a comic book called Tron Betrayal which is a prequel to the movie.

I was hoping they'd show Rinzler's face too as he was rebooting in the Sea of Simulation.

They weren't rare at all back then. There's couple of very famous stories that illustrate it actually, like the creation of the post-it and Apple computers.

Hence the term "Somewhat Rare", although plenty of examples existed it was not like today where even the janitors seem to have to sign them.