azrael

Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

The Macross Quarter

has a secondary fire from the Macross Cannon?

It's visible when Alto and Luca land on deck.

The cannon of the quarter has 3 barrels that seem to fire an alternate (rapid) fire mode. The big blast is generated between theese barrels in a traditional Macross manner. The VF-27's gunpod demonstrated the same functionality in the last episode.

It almosts looks as if Mikhail got "The Pineapple Salad"

:lol:

Well.....Almost........

Just finished watching and Whoo! I loved this episode

Also Alto's VF-25 looked amazing in full armor. I noticed how it looks so different is because he has better contrast. Ozma has a gray hull and with the armor packs his VF looks very dark colored but Alto has a very vanilla colored valk so with the armor on you can tell where the armor meets the Valk.

Agreed. ^_^ Alto's VF-25 looks really AMAZING.

BTW............

Did anybody get the DYRL vibe with this:

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21th9.jpg :blink: Reminded me a lot of Hikaru going all-out aganst Bodozle in DYRL. B))

VF-171 went from a lame zero to SUPER HERO!

Hell YEAH!!! :D

Alto had one of those Michael Jordon moments where everything in sight was terminated with precision and no one this episode was a better pilot.

:lol:

^^ When I read that, I suddenly had a vision of Marv Albert saying...... "Oh, a spectacular move...by Michael Jordan Alto-Hime!" :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

i havent watch it... ~_~

it is soo freaking sad that i am not in japan :lol:

so when will sub be out?

I'd put one out now if I could just solve these last couple of unknowns... bugs me since I wanted to complete it today, since I'm not sure I'll have any time to work on it tomorrow. Oh, and I'd need somewhere to put it. Bah, I suck :(

Sheryl is going to

join Pixie squadron now that Raramia is gone

:blink:

It just... makes sense.

Ah NO. ^_^

Its more like Sheryl will be joining Skull Squadron in her VF-25 Sheryl Special, replacing Mikhail.

B))

On the other hand Mikhail when he is fully healed from his injuries gets himself macronized and joins the Pixies with his own custom BLUE-colored Q-Rea. DYRL homage, anyone?

:ph34r:

On the other hand Mikhail when he is fully healed from his injuries gets himself macronized and joins the Pixies with his own custom BLUE-colored Q-Rea. DYRL homage, anyone?

THAT would be awesome!!!

:D But WTF happened to Mikhail??? His seat ejected from the VF and then..... WASN'T SEEN AFTER THAT??!!! :blink: Where did he go?? Neither Luca nor Alto had him.

Its more like Sheryl will be joining Skull Squadron in her VF-25 Sheryl Special, replacing Mikhail.

B))

As I stated earlier, that would

take care of other problems as well, I'm pretty sure Klan would approve... and promptly go shopping for Zentran size handcuffs.

Is it just me or

the reused scenes made the battle seem a bit out of place.

1. The Quarter's transfomation scene was a bit out of place.

2. Skull Squardon's charging into battle before the fleet fired their ranged weapons.

THAT would be awesome!!!

:D But WTF happened to Mikhail??? His seat ejected from the VF and then..... WASN'T SEEN AFTER THAT??!!! :blink: Where did he go?? Neither Luca nor Alto had him.

Luca had him. You can see it in the background at 13:48 of the Zero Raws version.

Edited by Raptor One

Great episode despite the reused footage.

I know it was mentioned before but after seeing Ranka's mommy I really think Sheryl is a clone of Ranka's mother (they looked very similar to me), the irony of Sheryl's statements about working hard to create her own destiny would be so thick Alto's PPB blade wouldn't be able to cut thru it. And I'm gonna say that Dr Mao Nome's blood transfusion may have had microscopic Vajra cells that no body noticed in M0. Ranka is the true Nome...just a hunch.

Poor Elmo, waiting there for Ranka to arrive for her first concert...

If all the Vajra are wiped out in this episode (doubtful) Ranka has the last one aboard Frontier

I only got to watch the episode once before I had to go to work but I loved the episode.

I like this theory.

Dude...Nene is the Pink haired one. Ramaria's the short haired tomboy. The only reason why her VA is credited is cuz

of her death scream.

Careful with the names there. ^_^ Besides Klan personally told Nene to be alert. And Nene was the one that got shot by Alto in training and screams like the pink haired princess she is. Dun think there's any room for doubt here.

I was confused. Why would the pink haired one speak on screen and get no credit, when the red haired one

does a death scream

and gets credit? It boggled my mind.

In this old magazine scan their names are the other way around, and that's what I had been using for the longest time to differentiate them. Pink = Raramia, red = Nene.

080507nt080604iv8.th.jpg

The Compendium, Official site, and another magazine article has them as Pink = Nene, and red = Raramia.

But looking back at episode 9 when "Pink" went "onee-sama" and runs up to hide behind Kuran Kuran when Mihail is beating up Alto, she's credited as Nene. "Red/Raramia" never spoke in episode 9.

You guys are right. :) The credits threw me off since we didn't see the character speak. I'll make sure to check the Compendium and Official site next time before I open my big mouth. :p:lol:

Am I the only one thinking that Ranka's singing to the Zentradi and Vajra and them being blown up regardless is analogous Basara's frustration in M7?

With the next Sheryl "Concert" does seem reminicent of Sharon Apple.

Grace being an AI compounds it.

It wouldn't surprise me if the people of Galaxy is hypnotize and under control by Grace.

Sheryl will be the wrench in Grace's plan much like Myung was to Sharon Apple.

Edited by RedWolf

Great episode despite the reused footage.

I know it was mentioned before but after seeing Ranka's mommy I really think Sheryl is a clone of Ranka's mother (they looked very similar to me), the irony of Sheryl's statements about working hard to create her own destiny would be so thick Alto's PPB blade wouldn't be able to cut thru it. And I'm gonna say that Dr Mao Nome's blood transfusion may have had microscopic Vajra cells that no body noticed in M0. Ranka is the true Nome...just a hunch.

Poor Elmo, waiting there for Ranka to arrive for her first concert...

If all the Vajra are wiped out in this episode (doubtful) Ranka has the last one aboard Frontier

The only similarity that I see is long hair. But that's a rather common occurance.

A person's blood doesn't determine their destiny. That was the point behind Alto's statement about "blood" in episode 12 as well.

I wonder if we will ever see the other VF-27's or were they just some allusion? I think there with Macrosss Galaxy since Brera did say he was a major, and major would need troops to lead.

Brera had two VF-27s with him in fold space at the end of ep 7.

Which makes me wonder has anybody identified what type of VF from Galaxy is at the end of ep 6?

As with episode 7, I was left with the impression that some scenes were edited out due to time constraints. I hope the DVD version will have some more minutes added.

One a side note, in this episode I think the music didn't match the scenes in the right way, so the mood was a litlle off-balance. Ep 7 was much more "attuned" :)

Am I the only one who don't like the

frame drop/ralenty effect when the armored launches missiles and flies into frenzy

?

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for the subs!

Okay, but does anyone care about the loads of remixes in this episode? I can't wait for the next soundtrack and that remix of Iteza gogo kuji don't be laaaaaaaaaaaaaate...

for my drum 'n bass heads...

Anyway, since her "mother" is saying "WE want to communicate to YOU (plural)" then singing ... the Vajura are trying to communicate with their enemies through her?

I think somebody took something that the Vajura want back.

Is it just me or

the reused scenes made the battle seem a bit out of place.

1. The Quarter's transfomation scene was a bit out of place.

2. Skull Squardon's charging into battle before the fleet fired their ranged weapons.

Yeah....and not to mention they reused footage of the Vajra cruiser folding in from ep 7 with explosions happening in the background when the actual battle in ep 13 hasn't taken place yet.

The whole battle seems disjointed...and really sad that people like Canaria and especially Pixie Squadron which was featured before the battle wasn't even shown much if any action.

Hmm I see talk about the NUNS here. Can I take this to mean they are presented in a good light.....finally?

Well...

no VF-171s were visibly shot down in this episode so i guess you could say that

. :lol:

Holy flirking schmitt.

I second that.

This series just gets better and better...

I can't imagine that either Luca or Michael are dead, though...they're both too important to die off-screen.

And I really don't understand people complaining that the Vajra were "too easy" to beat...in the first battle, they were a completely unknown quantity (to the pilots, and the NUNS commanders, at least), whereas now, NUNS and SMS have a wealth of data on how they fight, how strong they are, etc. Of course they're going to now a little more about what works and what doesn't.

Now I'm just wondering if

Duke Togo

still thinks the show has jumped the shark...

I second that.

This series just gets better and better...

I can't imagine that either Luca or Michael are dead, though...they're both too important to die off-screen.

And I really don't understand people complaining that the Vajra were "too easy" to beat...in the first battle, they were a completely unknown quantity (to the pilots, and the NUNS commanders, at least), whereas now, NUNS and SMS have a wealth of data on how they fight, how strong they are, etc. Of course they're going to now a little more about what works and what doesn't.

Now I'm just wondering if

Duke Togo

still thinks the show has jumped the shark...

I agree Luca most likely got hurt cause it looked like it was damage to his sensor pod. I think that Micheal just cracked his head good who knows the strain of trying to catch on to an enemy as it folds.

I got flashbacks to the first interstellar war with Ranka sing with the Vajra like we humans were the agressors. I also think that Galaxy is the one pushing the Vajra like if you throw something at an ant hill they attack on instinct to protect their queen.

On final notes: VF-117 is officially supremely bad ass. Alto plus armor pack equals gif worthy.

I agree Luca most likely got hurt cause it looked like it was damage to his sensor pod. I think that Micheal just cracked his head good who knows the strain of trying to catch on to an enemy as it folds.

I got flashbacks to the first interstellar war with Ranka sing with the Vajra like we humans were the agressors. I also think that Galaxy is the one pushing the Vajra like if you throw something at an ant hill they attack on instinct to protect their queen.

On final notes: VF-117 is officially supremely bad ass. Alto plus armor pack equals gif worthy.

I was going to go looking for possible gif options as well, heheh.

I've given up speculating about what

Vajra may or may not be doing or thinking

. But I definitely agree with others that

they're not the real enemy

EDIT: and yes,

very gif worthy.

Edited by Gubaba

As I stated on the theory thread, this episode furher leads me to believe that Aimo is a Vajra melody found by Ranka's mom and then given human lyrics ala DYRL?. Or maybe its a Vajra mating call. :lol:

Alto the Xenocide? :lol:

for my drum 'n bass heads...

Anyway, since her "mother" is saying "WE want to communicate to YOU (plural)" then singing ... the Vajura are trying to communicate with their enemies through her?

I think somebody took something that the Vajura want back.

I love being right :p;):lol: