azrael

Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

Master Dex

I know drama and exposition DURING the explosion sequence probably made the Dimension Eater effect appear slower than intended. But keep in mind the show is first and foremost dramatic entertainment so time can be stretched in any number of ways; particularly during very dramatic moments. Dramatic editing can even make a VF-25S Full Armor Valkyrie transform in slow motion and do so twice for dramatic effect (episode 1) :)

Back to the physics, the Dimension Eater effect was gaining on Alto, Mikhail and the Vajra fleet, the ships themselves had to be moving at over 8 kilometers per second to reach escape velocity for attaining orbit. Well, perhaps not the Vajra, since they have Gravity Generators, but the Valkyries don't and had to do it the old fashioned way. So that's a lot of kinetic energy when the edge of that Dimension Eater wave hits.

Still, I understand your point; the Dimension Eater is more "suck" than "blow" (braces for the inevitable innuendo from the crowd :lol: ). Or to put it more aptly, it's more like a rolling sheer effect; like a shredding vortex.

Semantics really but I knew what you meant and yes, dramatic quality wins over in the end. However I am not sure the Dimension Eater sequence was necessarily slowed down any, I never got that indication anyway. It still looked quite dangerous.

[innuendo]So now we know the Dimension Eaters was really meant for, and its preference... hmm... that is just wrong Mr March.[/innuendo] ;):p

I agree and also believe Gallia 4 to now be lifeless, but I don't look too much into it now.

A note, while your right about the possibility of it being thrown off axis and out of orbit (which would ruin it), that wasn't your typical explosion. It did blast out it just expanded slowly and dissipated after vaporizing stuff.

However I pretty much agree March, that planet is dead.

Not only dead, unless it had a solid core in the first place the structural integrity of the planet has been severely compromised (planets form into an oval shape from a combination of gravity, heat and dust for a reason) and would eventually lead to it fracturing completely.

So the only foreseeable future of Gallia 4 is either flung out of orbit and drift into space as an extremely large rock as stated before above, or shattering into an asteroid field not unlike the one we have in our solar system.

And I think we're beginning to put too much thought into this and falling into the old factoring real world physics into an anime world trap. Me = Guilty as charged.

MasterDex

Or, perhaps it's so very right :):lol:

Strumvogel

Not really. Kawamori built the statistics for the YF-19 and YF-21 so they could achieve orbit with the right amount of thrust and weight to achieve orbital velocity. You'd be surprised how much real world physics goes into some of the Valkyries.

come to think of it, shoudlnt we have seems ome sort of 'core' to the planet, instead of being solid right to the centre?

Either last page or the page before that dealt with this. It's core could have been drained by the effect or it could have a small core that wasn't reached.

MasterDex

Or, perhaps it's so very right :):lol:

I don't even want to know what you are thinking about right now good sir. :blink::mellow:

And I think we're beginning to put too much thought into this and falling into the old factoring real world physics into an anime world trap. Me = Guilty as charged.

Yes, please think of the catgirls. :lol:

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-7.jpg

ALLTOGETHER NOW - "DAEDELUS PUNCH!!!!"

Taksraven

VF-171 DOMINATION !!! REVENGE FOR ALL DEAD VF-171 PILOTS !!! Oh God, I love that punch so much. Remind me when Isamu and Guld fought each other with rage and determination in the last episode of M+.

Edited by Macross007

Hmmm, looks like they reworked the cockpit pivot on the 171 there. Very different from the old 17.

While it doesn't bother me during the show, it would be nice if they could up that ploygon count a little. The facets really stand out on the curves here. Ah well, it's not even a hero mech.

The worst I have seen yet is when the camera zooms out of the Vf-25 cockpit in the beginning and it transforms from the nicely rounded drawn cockpit to the triagonal cgi cockpit. I guess they have to keep the polycount down a tad to lessen the cost for all those renderfarms. Also very visible in the opening of ep 1 where you see that the cgi model of island 1 looks a bit like a Flight simulator 95 landscape.

I would guess the valkyries have about 75k-100k polys, they would have to bump them up to 500k polys to make them relatively smooth but rendering time would increase exponentially.

• 2 months later...

OK.....So I started early in my Macross Frontier Re-Watching Binge so I was wondering.....did anybody get the homage of Alto screaming "ATTACK?"

I seem to recall an episode in SDFM where he Hikaru screams the same word, but for the life of me I couldn't remember which episode it was. :wacko:

EDIT: Falcon PUNCH, FTW!!!! :lol:

Man...that part of Episode14 never gets old. :lol:

Edited by grss1982

OK.....So I started early in my Macross Frontier Re-Watching Binge so I was wondering.....did anybody get the homage of Alto screaming "ATTACK?"

I seem to recall an episode in SDFM where he Hikaru screams the same word, but for the life of me I couldn't remember which episode it was. :wacko:

EDIT: Falcon PUNCH, FTW!!!! :lol:

Man...that part of Episode14 never gets old. :lol:

Episode 27 i believe.