azrael

Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

reporting back to Earth mayve?

i liked the episode. reused footage was there quite a lot, but it didnt feel all that out of place to me. some cool moments, we get to see Breja a bit more, a GITS moment, rankas Mum or something....Overall Im interested to see more! :)

MisaForNaught, you must live such an exciting life full of very amazing and unspecific events. Considering you hate speculation even when it is for fun's sake and you don't even want to theorize how something hypothetical may work I wonder what it is you do when you are reading all the stuff on this forum where everyone is guessing what is going to happen or how this did that? Perhaps think of new ways you can get more Klan Klan in your life? :lol::p

:rolleyes: Carry on then, we'll have 20 more pages about the Dimension Eater in the EPISODE DISCUSSION THREAD that is supposed to be about all aspects of the episodes, not just one thing that happened in the last episode. :p All I'm saying is that if we're going to spend 20 pages in each episode thread (which has been done many times) on one specific topic, then create your own thread about it so those people who are interested can discuss. Is that such a bad thing? :blink:

The Battle 25 exists. It was clearly animated in CGI in the first episode and we've seen shots of it since, though typically far away or very brief. Can someone get a close shot of the Battle 25 during the flyby of Macross Frontier?

EDIT

DarkReaper has the picture I'm currently using on my website (taken from RC), but I was hoping for a closer shot.

Edited by Mr March

It's hard to tell, but does this look like battle 25 to you?

th_mf-battle25.jpg

Either it's tiny or frontier is friggin' huge.

Yes that does indeed look like it should be Battle 25. Problem is the scale, and no not that it's tiny because,

Frontier IS friggin' huge. In fact, I always got the impression it dwarfs even other new macross classes like Macross 7.

Took two screens, and the difference in how the city inside them are portrayed ended up being so extreme I simply can't get it to match up:

post-9073-1216050868_thumb.jpg post-9073-1216050881_thumb.jpg

So just how much of that front part makes up of the Battle 25, or is it several times bigger than Battle 7? Or does city 7 just simply have ridiculously huge buildings? :blink:

The Battle 25 exists. It was clearly animated in CGI in the first episode and we've seen shots of it since, though typically far away or very brief. Can someone get a close shot of the Battle 25 during the flyby of Macross Frontier?

EDIT

DarkReaper has the picture I'm currently using on my website (taken from RC), but I was hoping for a closer shot.

Indeed I was wondering if Battle 25 is the same as Battle 7 or the variant Macross 13.

I wouldn't put it pass them though for a new variant of the New Macross class.

Mikhail was being carried back by Luca while Sheryl was giving googly eyes at Alto.

post-8290-1216028329_thumb.jpg

bhahaha! that pic if unbelievable funny, there's Sheryl ready to give it to Alto while Mikhael is hanging like a ragged doll on Lucas valk, hahaha! poor Mikhael...I still want to know who the f*ck beat up Mikhael?? hahaha!

My bet is on Battle 25 being closer to Battle 13 than Battle 7 (though we never saw the rebuilt Battle 7 completed). I'm also willing to bet it's larger than the Battle 7.

I hope we'll see Battle 25 in action sometime in the series. With President Glass onboard the Battle 25 in previous battles, I could understand why NUNS might be hesitant to take that ship into battle.

Edited by Sumdumgai

Guys, do you check the Macross compendium?

Macross 7's New Macross class colony ship: 7,770 m. (7.8 Km)

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/New_Macross_class

Macross 25's Island One: 15 Km

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/Island_1

Long complicated math aside, City 25 is at least double that of City 7.

The entire M25 fleet holds 10 million, though half that (5 million) is in City 25(!) Compare that to the 350,000 in City 7. City 25/Island One is mind bogglingly huge.

:rolleyes: Carry on then, we'll have 20 more pages about the Dimension Eater in the EPISODE DISCUSSION THREAD that is supposed to be about all aspects of the episodes, not just one thing that happened in the last episode. :p All I'm saying is that if we're going to spend 20 pages in each episode thread (which has been done many times) on one specific topic, then create your own thread about it so those people who are interested can discuss. Is that such a bad thing? :blink:

Posters prerogative. The episode discussions can contain anything from that episode I would say, but when you want to get into specifics and not involve anything else then another topic would be the more prudent thing to do *cue Isamu glaring at me for saying prudent*. Nothing wrong with seeing it that way at all. Also some people are just lazy and this topic is here and since it isn't seen as off topic then they can go ahead and post stuff here without making another thread.

DarkReaper

That's a great picture. Thanks. You can even see the gunship clearly.

UN Spacy

Not really. The Frontier is a colony fleet, not a combat fleet. They've been engaged in a war since episode one so unless there's some specific objective they've been tasked with, they'd best stay put. The last thing they want to do is fold into an unknown system to explore for possible colonization only to find one big Vajra fleet that's gonna stomp on them. Plus in war, logistics is probably now becoming a factor. The NUNG probably has halted many of their fleets and is likely redeploying the military into a state of war.

DarkReaper

That's a great picture. Thanks. You can even see the gunship clearly.

UN Spacy

Not really. The Frontier is a colony fleet, not a combat fleet. They've been engaged in a war since episode one so unless there's some specific objective they've been tasked with, they'd best stay put. The last thing they want to do is fold into an unknown system to explore for possible colonization only to find one big Vajra fleet that's gonna stomp on them. Plus in war, logistics is probably now becoming a factor. The NUNG probably has halted many of their fleets and is likely redeploying the military into a state of war.

To add to that, we know now that Frontier's resources are being stretched and

in a few episodes it is supposed to get bad

. So I don't know if folding somewhere else is a good idea now as it might eat up energy they need to conserve.

Comparing Battle 25 to Battle 7 and 13 it seems to me it's another variant looking at it's sides.

Also it has a different gunship from the two since it does not have any protusion at it's bow.

another thing. have they even said there IS a battle 25? they already have the hero ship (Macross Quarter) but have they said the fleet has it own battle fortress? that bow deal may or may not be vessel at all.

another thing. have they even said there IS a battle 25? they already have the hero ship (Macross Quarter) but have they said the fleet has it own battle fortress? that bow deal may or may not be vessel at all.

No, while I doubted it earlier (because why the heck wasn't it mobilized in ep 14?) the screen's posted have dispelled any disbelief I had. That is unquestionably a new macross battle carrier at the bow, gunship visible and all. The question remains why they didn't use it? While the swift Quarter might prove a lot deadlier in single ship to ship combat, it's larger cousin should be able to blow away many ships at once. So... what gives? :huh:

Because it comes standard with shelldome cities.

Look at it it has Macross canon gunship. Though not exactly the same as we've seen on Macross 7 and VFX-2

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v406/rea...rk/battle25.jpg

Macross Quarter is a PMC warship of SMS.

Battle 25 or Frontier is the flagship of Frontier's NUNS.

The better question is where is Macross Galaxy's New Macross class battleship placed.

In the prologue Macross Galaxy is classfied as a New Macross class but is radically different from shelldome types as we've seen on episode 6 and 7.

No, while I doubted it earlier (because why the heck wasn't it mobilized in ep 14?) the screen's posted have dispelled any disbelief I had. That is unquestionably a new macross battle carrier at the bow, gunship visible and all. The question remains why they didn't use it? While the swift Quarter might prove a lot deadlier in single ship to ship combat, it's larger cousin should be able to blow away many ships at once. So... what gives? :huh:
..until they actually show a picture or say that macross 25 exists... it don't. seriously look the pic over. you don't even see a head bridge yet. 'Show me the $' before we make assumtions (or better yet, someone email someone who would know...) :ph34r:

..until they actually show a picture or say that macross 25 exists... it don't. seriously look the pic over. you don't even see a head bridge yet. 'Show me the $' before we make assumtions (or better yet, someone email someone who would know...) :ph34r:

I did look it over. Given the angle and the size of it, it's no surprise you don't see the bridge, it's not visible from here. What you can see however is the very typical flightdeck with a macross cannon gunship at the bow. Barrels visible and everything. Also the rear part which makes up the legs when it transform is also there. It's there.

Alto was coming in with a sparkly aura surrounding the VF-25 around 12:52. Alto is a tori no hito like Shin!

So when Ranka goes disappearing into another part of the Galaxy with a new Vajra ship at the end of the series(her little green friend grows into a ship, like Ryo-oki from Tenchi Muyo), Alto can follow her in his wrecked VF-25, because you know he's going to wreck it again.

Uh, the Battle 25 exists. Those pictures clearly show it. Yes, it looks different, both because as far as we know each New Macross Class looks different from the others (Macross 5, Macross 7, Macross 13) and because it's the CGI model version of said class. Also, tactical displays shown in episode one clearly identify the Battle 25 section of the Macross 25/Frontier. It's there, just as it should be.

Having said that, we all know why the Battle 25 hasn't been shown; because the Macross Quarter is the "Macross star" of the show. We might get to see the Battle 25 in action, but for the most part, screen time will be given to the Quarter and it will be given the glory.

Is it bugging anyone else that Frontier has been in orbit of the same planet for FOURTEEN straight episodes? :lol:

Especially when the planet appears to be a gas giant that they would NEVER be able to colonise. Maybe they are collecting resources from the numerous asteroids in the area, or scavenging the old Zentradi battlefield in the area. We are being left in the dark as to what the fleet is up to.

Taksraven

Gas giants tend to have moons.

Also, I believe in some point in the series they said something to the effect that scouting fleets were checking out nearby star systems.

Edited by Radd

Just for those who can't see it, I've outlined the Battle 25 in green.

post-8290-1216084686_thumb.jpg

Compare it to the Battle 7, you can clearly see that their similar and the reason we can't see the bridge superstructure is that it's located on the right side of the ship (like in a modern day carrier) and it's pretty small compared to the ship itself.

Just for those who can't see it, I've outlined the Battle 25 in green.

post-8290-1216084686_thumb.jpg

Compare it to the Battle 7, you can clearly see that their similar and the reason we can't see the bridge superstructure is that it's located on the right side of the ship (like in a modern day carrier) and it's pretty small compared to the ship itself.

maybe that's why i'm having issues see it, the fact that largest portion might not be part of Battle 25.

Still holding my breath (not that i Do Not Want a Battle-25, it's just that there isn't enough screen evidence to prove iit, beyond Froatheadographics. It's like the argument on explosive bolts on Enterprise-Nil's neck, post TNG or better, the off-screen cannoninity of FJ ships in TWOK...)

*turns Green* :wacko: