Macross Frontier Episode 14 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

I forgot to mention that I felt relieved that they dropped the dome on the City Section before the SHTF. It sucked to be the poor people that got blown out of that gaping hull breach.

And the scene before where Frontier's citizens are in state of panic.....i wonder where those ppl were driving their cars to....its a space colony after all. Driving to the other islands isn't going to help. :lol:

Considering their ability to communicate with Ranka, and that much of their technology is PC based/incluenced, I really don't understand why the Vajra can't open up a comm channel to the Frontier fleet if they wantt to talk. We know Zentradi translator's exist, so it shouldn't be "too" difficult to exchange enough information for a translator between Vajra & human languages. But awesome explodyness all around this episode. it's going to be hard to top for the final episode big showdown.

How do you speak with something that doesn't normally communicate in the form of languages....i guess this applies here. Star Trek assumes that all alien languages can be translated into speech....but the Vajra being a hive mind might be more complicated if even possible to translate.

I noticed that too, and jokingly said that she just wore that for talking to Ozma and changed into her concert outfit before hopping in the VF-25 with Mihail.

Hahaha....sounds plausible. Like Ozma would definately not be happy with her being out in space in an idol's dress. I'm assuming she stripped her flight suit upon re-entry? :lol:

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-10.jpg

Notice the ghostly outline of where the rest of the planet used to be......

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-8.jpg

I think that this was the THIRD time that this shot was reused!

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-7.jpg

ALLTOGETHER NOW - "DAEDELUS PUNCH!!!!"

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-6.jpg

And the first prize for weirdest face on a Valk goes too.......(at least it does not have a mouth, eh?)

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-4.jpg

A beautiful shot and effect. Full marks for that one.

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-3.jpg

"EXPLOSIVE DECOMPRESSION REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!"

(Actually I like the way it looked like the bodies being sucked out into space were rendered in 3D. A good and terrifying effect as they tumbled out of the ship.)

Taksraven

Last batch.

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-2.jpg

"IF I'M ANIMATED ANY UGLIER THEY WILL ARREST ME FOR BEING A VAJRA!!!!!"

_Zero-Raws_MacrossFRONTIER14_Div-1.jpg

Beautiful shot of the bridge. I love the way that you can see all the different screens on the inside. Also love the destroids on either side of the head.

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

And the scene before where Frontier's citizens are in state of panic.....i wonder where those ppl were driving their cars to....its a space colony after all. Driving to the other islands isn't going to help. :lol:

ahh... civilians and property inside a space vessel being tossed aside or sucked out into space during battle...

that's SDFM nostalgia creeping up my spine. :D

ahh... civilians and property inside a space vessel being tossed aside or sucked out into space during battle...

that's SDFM nostalgia creeping up my spine. :D

now I wan't a shot where somebody gets crushed under a collapsing building and his head flies of :rolleyes:

About Gallia IV: Hey, where's the cream filling?! :lol:

I keep listening to Maya Sakamoto's part of Aimo. I really hope that there's a full version of that sung by her on the next soundtrack, just like I hope the SMS anthem sung by Ranka from one of the previous episode eyecatches will be on there.

I like how Alto is very different from Basara. Rather than "make peace and love" it's "the only good bug, is a dead bug".

I don't envy Alto or Mihail when Ozma gets a hold of them to have a little talking to about Ranka.

Now that I think about it, do the Cheyenne IIs stay stationed constantly in those holders on the Macross Quarter? If so do the pilots have to do a little space walk to relieve the previous shift pilot from duty?

Edited by Sumdumgai

dis episode shud hav been really good, but it's way too crammed and rushed

they can actually do it in 2 episodes

the worst part was the transformation of macross quarter

the way they reuse those animation is just weird, total weird

lots of fighting but poor flow of the story

its way too rushed

Hmm I see talk about the NUNS here. Can I take this to mean they are presented in a good light.....finally?

ABSOLUTELY!!!

About Gallia IV: Hey, where's the cream filling?! :lol:

I keep listening to Maya Sakamoto's part of Aimo. I really hope that there's a full version of that sung by her on the next soundtrack, just like I hope the SMS anthem sung by Ranka from one of the previous episode eyecatches will be on there.

I like how Alto is very different from Basara. Rather than "make peace and love" it's "the only good bug, is a dead bug".

I don't envy Alto or Mihail when Ozma gets a hold of them to have a little talking to about Ranka.

Now that I think about it, do the Cheyenne IIs stay stationed constantly in those holders on the Macross Quarter? If so do the pilots have to do a little space walk to relieve the previous shift pilot from duty?

For an instant there when I read that line I suddenly remembered Starship Troopers. :ph34r:

BTW if you take out the other capital ships and leave only the Quarter and all those fighters in these pic:

http://img.muri.se:8080/Macross/Macross%20...0Large%2008.jpg

Instant SDFM & DYRL Nostalgia. :lol: .

Edited by grss1982

PROTOCULTURE!!!!!

MacrossFrontier-14-Large34.jpg

Another homage to Macross DYRL, the Vajra Queen is silently screaming as two miclone/protoculture/human entered her lair and soon the Queen became an M3 victim. ^_^

strange.... i should hate her, but she just looks so hot in this shot...

post-6173-1215772321_thumb.jpg

How could you hate Grace? Not everyone can blow up half a planet and still look this good. B)) She's getting my Frontier Girls vote next time.

And I LOVE Maaya! Her version of Aimo is beautiful. I want to see Ranshe Mei performing Aimo with Ranka and Sheryl on backing vocals and Brera on the harmonica.

If anyone's interested I've completed my subs for ep 14. If anyone wants it I'd be happy to mail it to them (.ass-script, 21 kb in size timed after the first HQ raw, that is, takes the the sponsoring message into account), though I notice Kei is already out too.

Edited by VF-25 Messiah

PROTOCULTURE!!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Dro...-14-Large34.jpg

Another homage to Macross DYRL, the Vajra Queen is silently screaming as two miclone/protoculture/human entered her lair and soon the Queen became an M3 victim. ^_^

You know this scene would have been more AWESOME and SPINE TINGLING if Alto had'nt ejected the thruster parts of the Armored Pack, since he could have used those lasers and we would have another homage.......

2mi4zux.jpg

Imagine the pic above replaced with Alto's still complete VF-25 with Armored Pack. :ph34r:

If I remember right in M7 there is a prohibition due to a treaty to use reaction weapons.

M7 fleet had to get permission from UN Spacy headquarters at Earth just to use them.

Here they are nuking them without permission from Earth or any supervision.

You know this scene would have been more AWESOME and SPINE TINGLING if Alto had'nt ejected the thruster parts of the Armored Pack, since he could have used those lasers and we would have another homage.......

http://i38.tinypic.com/2mi4zux.jpg

Imagine the pic above replaced with Alto's still complete VF-25 with Armored Pack. :ph34r:

Good point. But perhaps that part is reserved for a Alto vs Bilra/Grace head in a jar showdown. ^_^

Edited by wolfx

If I remember right in M7 there is a prohibition due to a treaty to use reaction weapons.

M7 fleet had to get permission from UN Spacy headquarters at Earth just to use them.

Leon requested permission from President Howard Glass to use the nukes.

Loved the episode, but noticed quite a lot of animation re-use.

Yeah, that shot of the house lights coming on in the empty theater just ruined the episode for me.

:blink:

C'mon! The original Macross had TWO entire clip shows! Macross 7 endlessly reused the same footage of VF-11s going kerblooey, and you're complaining about a shot of street and some VF-171s launching...?

I had no probolem with the small amount of reused footage. hardly noticed it and I've been watching every ep 6 times or more.

Likewise, I had no problems with the pacing of this ep. Thought it was fine.

I'm curious though as to why Alto felt the need to eject the back mounted armoured packs. Even if he's already fired of all the missiles from those packs, he's losing the beam cannons and giving up a lot of thrust. Ozma has already shown that the Armored VF-25 can manauever in tight quarters.

Graham

I'm curious though as to why Alto felt the need to eject the back mounted armoured packs.

You know, I've been wondering the same thing. They dump their armor like crazy in Frontier, even at times when it doesn't make any sense to.

I had no probolem with the small amount of reused footage. hardly noticed it and I've been watching every ep 6 times or more.

Likewise, I had no problems with the pacing of this ep. Thought it was fine.

I'm curious though as to why Alto felt the need to eject the back mounted armoured packs. Even if he's already fired of all the missiles from those packs, he's losing the beam cannons and giving up a lot of thrust. Ozma has already shown that the Armored VF-25 can manauever in tight quarters.

Graham

Not to mention that he loses some of the armor protection that those packs he ejected afforded to the wings of his VF-25. :ph34r:

But, I think me might have ejected those parts due to some clearance issues. I mean those things made the Vf-25 a bit bulky so I'm guessing he ditched them since he was going into a ship that seemed to be cramped for a VF to manuver in. Well until he reached the queen's chamber. :ph34r:

Hey sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. At this point in the show it makes no sense to hold back when fighting. All weapons aim at the GIANT LOBSTER!!

I kinda feel like the giant Queen is a rip off of Blue Gender and Aliens. But wit VF's which makes it 100x cooler.

I am glad that the VF-171 NUNS pilots are beginning to hold their own. It was really sad to see the NUNS pilots being blown out of space in the first few episodes. I hope the series can at least introduce at least one NUN ace like in the manga adaptation. This would allow some sort friendly rivalry between SMS and the NUNS, similar to the friendly rivalry between Gamlin and Basara in M7!

Is it just me or is Brera's VF-27 equiped with a Song Energy detector?

Given that with song energy detectors can detect song enegy from one end of the galaxy to another should we expect a visit from the good old doctor or from that "guy" himself?

Perhaps he's detecting whatever power source is creating that glow inside Ranka. The Macross Galaxy Fleet seems to know a lot more about the Vajra than the NUNS, so they might have a method for detecting wahtever power source is unique to Vajra and humans with similar critters in their cells :)