Macross Frontier Episode 14 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 14 Rating  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• Positive (VF-171 in action = BOMBA!)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Luca x Nanase = LOSE)

Perhaps he's detecting whatever power source is creating that glow inside Ranka. The Macross Galaxy Fleet seems to know a lot more about the Vajra than the NUNS, so they might have a method for detecting wahtever power source is unique to Vajra and humans with similar critters in their cells :)

Brera also detected Sheryl's song in ep 7.

Though you could say that the purple crystals act like no lag fold comm.

But Sheryl is a mystery herself with her background as an orphan.

Which makes me believe that Sheryl and Ranka's past are interwined.

Mikhail and Luca had a bad day this episode, Skull 2 has his 25 blown to dust, out cold and can't shot down a vajra and say his trademark bingo. Luca has Nana-chan question his skills, rushes in battle thinking he's Alto only to pray for someone to save him and needs to stop running like a girl into battle, if you can't do that right walk next time.

I'm curious though as to why Alto felt the need to eject the back mounted armoured packs. Even if he's already fired of all the missiles from those packs, he's losing the beam cannons and giving up a lot of thrust. Ozma has already shown that the Armored VF-25 can manauever in tight quarters.

Graham

That's easy, he is dodging fantasy missiles. The last time he approached a Vajra ship, he did that, figures, bigger ship, more armor, woohoo, more pieces to eject, and he still had leftovers.

I wonder if Battle25 isn't just the front block of the city hard welded. It does feel like it. As for the use of reaction weapons, I wonder why they bother restricting its use at all. Should've been the first option when the fleet was threatened with so many Vajra battleships I thought. Instead of sending the fleet to attack head on, use the reaction weapons immediately.

I think on the pacing of the episode, I have a feeling that the show is being rushed because of its lousy time slot. If anything, the Ranka kidnapping should've gone on for another episode, it didn't seem to have advanced the story much further, and the Vajra is still a big ugly insect that in Ranka's case found an interesting little toy. This wasn't anything like the Misa/Hikaru/Max adventure with the Zentradi fleet. That one, we got more insight to the Zentradi, this one was less revelation, and more about the rescue. Which brings me up to the question, why did Brera have to conduct the rescue at all?

Because, now that Brera has formally revealed himself, what's next? Is he going to be assigned to NUNS, SMS? How is he going to explain his previous interventions, or is Leon just going to find a way to cover up for him? I have an uneasy feeling that the story is starting to drift like M0. I hope I'm wrong.

poor luca, i mean he is a good pilot, but after this battle, he must have lost some confidence, poor him!

and why when i hear "tally-ho", i always know that while it will finish in an epic win, theres always something funny thats happens (in this case Alto exit from the Vajra mothership)

Edited by Rookie_One

OK, I'm wondering if anyone can fill me in here. Has anyone been able to discern the goals of the antagonists in this story? Grace obviously has some sort of goal, but is she working with or against the Vajra? If against, what is her deal with indirectly setting up the Frontier for attack? If working with the Vajra, what is the deal with her having Brera Sterne fight them? If she has her own goals, then I'm really confused.

A buddy of mine and I were talking last night, and could it be that the vajra are maybe beginning to take on more human forms, or using the humans they capture as host to new bodies, or even as nest??? Talk about Invasion of the Body Snatchers! Anyways, I thought I'd throw that out there for everyone to hopefully fill-in what is known so far, so long as the spoiler tags and all that is used. Thanks

So, now that I've seen the subs and actually watched the episode not in a tiny window @ work...

* I don't get people who are complaining about the pacing. This episode was a wet dream for my adult ADD.

* Raramia got f'ed up. So did island 1. Good excuse for rescheduling Ranka's First Live...

* Alto was so happy to see Sheryl and Michael alive.

* The reunion didn't last long... sorry Sheryl.   :unsure:

* I half expected Alto to bitchslap Sheryl on the way back out to save Ranka and tell her to sing.

* VF-171 is badass. Daedalus attack!

* Sheryl taking over the blue VF-25 was perfect, music and all.

* Sheryl just may be a better combat pilot than Luca...  :lol:

* Michael will not be happy when (if?) he wakes up.

* LucaXNanase = win

* Ranka is the rocket queen  :ph34r:

* Alto + Brera = bff?

Edited by stray

OK, I'm wondering if anyone can fill me in here. Has anyone been able to discern the goals of the antagonists in this story? Grace obviously has some sort of goal, but is she working with or against the Vajra? If against, what is her deal with indirectly setting up the Frontier for attack? If working with the Vajra, what is the deal with her having Brera Sterne fight them? If she has her own goals, then I'm really confused.

...blah blah blah...

WAFO

In the Zero-Raws I tried but I still hear "D-pulse". In the Kei fansub it comes more like "Reverse" :wacko:

Still not totally sure, I'll wait magazine scans to confirm :ph34r:

(I think Kei got it wrong on "little queen", though. I hear "beetle queen")

By the way, I think the D in D-pulse (burst) stood for dimension/dimensional, that is related to fold technology :ph34r:

FV

In the Zero-Raws I tried but I still hear "D-pulse". In the Kei fansub it comes more like "Reverse" :wacko:

Still not totally sure, I'll wait magazine scans to confirm :ph34r:

(I think Kei got it wrong on "little queen", though. I hear "beetle queen")

By the way, I think the D in D-pulse (burst) stood for dimension/dimensional, that is related to fold technology :ph34r:

FV

That's no D boy. No D.

But really, the D-pulse was some sort of Jamming/EMP like effect. Don't quite see how they would turn that into an energy deflective shield.

What our dear general/militairy dude is saying is "Repulsive" rendered in lovingly in Katakana-go, thus "Re Pa Ru Shi Bu"

There's a lot of clever reuse of foatage. Right before the fleet's main barrage, they pilot view from Nene, The Dr Rabbit and Luca last. some one get a screenie of luca when the HUD image of Skull-One pops up. i'll wager you scene the HUD image from Eps 1 (Folk's need to have backbone when they fight these guys)...

yup thats was quite unexpected :unsure:

Not really. Go to the "Who is going ti die in Macross Frontier" thread and you will see that plenty of us were picking up on the vibe that ONE of the characters was going to die in this episode. The unexpected part was who died, we didn't really pick that.

Taksraven

Lady wit the purple hair and Glasses is a Cylon.....every Suicide bombers wet dream..take out half the planet....wake up in a nice hospital bed ready to do it all again......

Or can she???

I think that what woke up in the hospital bed might be the real, more organic Grace. The one on the planet was a just a total puppet body, a robot.

Taksraven

Sharp eyes, Nexx Stalker. Thanks for the pic! :)

Now let's salute to Machida, the pilot who makes VF-171 shine!!!

MAACHIIIDAAA PUNNNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm going to SPECULATE and say that Grace is on Galaxy. Don't you remember Sheryl talking about how people from Galaxy have implants and all that and showed a picture of a woman on a table just like Grace was? Yes, I'M SPECULATING!!! :)

Sharp eyes, Nexx Stalker. Thanks for the pic! :)

Now let's salute to Machida, the pilot who makes VF-171 shine!!!

Great, since i know, never have MACROSS F a very great U.N.SPACY. PILOT. Congratulations, for MACHIDA PILOT from DIAMOND SQUAD and Her MASTER MIRIA..

HEHE

GREETINGS

AEGIS FOCKER

I'm going to SPECULATE and say that Grace is on Galaxy. Don't you remember Sheryl talking about how people from Galaxy have implants and all that and showed a picture of a woman on a table just like Grace was? Yes, I'M SPECULATING!!! :)

Unless that technology was transplanted secretly onto Frontier... ah ha... See, Galaxy could still have been wiped out. Besides, that way, we don't have to explain how Grace gets back to Frontier.

I'm in the middle ground on this episode with my opinion cause the second half of the episode seemed rushed to me. Loved all the scenes showing the Macross 25 ship though, finally got to see the thing fully armored up for combat. :)

I'm kinda irked that there wasn't any sign of a Battle 25, it would've been cool if there were 2 Macross ships fighting together.

Well, one of two things is going to happen: Either its not going to happen at all, or they are saving it for the big climatic battle. I'm outting my money on it happening during a slugfest between the Frontier and Galaxy fleets.

I think they are ignoring the Battle 25 for the same reason the VF-19 Excalibur was excluded; because they only want one hero ship. That's not to say we won't see the Battle 25 in action, but I think it likely to be seen only rarely, perhaps at the end as DT suggested. They might even be saving it for a big multi-generational crowd-pleasing scene where an Macross Class SDF, a New Macross Class and the Macross Quarter all appear in battle together :)

Edited by Mr March