Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Looks absolutely amazing. However one thing bugs me: The length of the fighter mode seems a bit squished and slightly deformed. The back seems a bit more boxy than I had remembered. Thought the VF-11 was a bit more organic.

Gotta love the front view... mmmm... intakes. :3

Those stabs are tiny man! Somehow I think its just a fan modified blueprint of the old 1/72(68) with wider wing sweep. The nose and vertical stabilizers, as well as the cockpit are identical.

The nose section is the one area I really liked about the old 1/72 VF-11....and what I hated about the SHE kit. The SHE's was too much like a duck bill...Graham knows what I mean.

Chris

P.S. Man do I want to see SOMETHING that is definately official.

I'm not encouraged by the CAD, but then again I wasn't for the YF-19. Thought it looked fat, and messed up with off proportions. It looked and still looks great in 3D. :) I'll wait and see what comes of this. Nitpick time, because I looooooooove the VF-11.

-The vertical stabilizers look too small. Have to wait and see how it looks as a prototype.

-The length of the body appears too short. Could be a compromise I can live with if battroid looks good, and again it might not look so short in person. It also could be that in comparison to the large wings spread to maximum, that it looks too short..

-The nose seems just a bit too short, squat, and blunt. Not as bad as the old 1/72, but a bit too much for the 11. Especially if you look at line art even in battroid mode.

I think we'll all be pleasantly surprised with the VF-11 when we see a prototype. :)

Yeah, it would be nice to at least get a confirmation of if it is real or not. Personally, I think it looks real good, except for the tiny stabs. I really like the nose.

Chris

If the vertical stabilizer were bigger they have to make the leg/ engine nacelle bigger so it can slide into place and not have it stick out. I think it's a compromise to make a sleek fighter.

On the old VF-11 toy true. If they go with the official transformation, then there is most definitely room for larger vertical stabilizers. They slide down toward the ankles and a hinge at the front of the stabilizers allows them to swing towards the knees to go into the leg.

Trust me on this, the new 1/60 VF-11B looks fantastic in all three modes. It is a huge improvement over the old 1/72.

The vertical tail fins while not as big as the lineart, are bigger than the ones on the original 1/72 toy.

I can't speak for durability, cus' I haven't actually handled one yet, but I've seen lots of photos of all three modes I think you guys will be more than happy with how it looks.

Graham

Not as big as the lineart works for me, and so does "bigger than the ones on the original 1/72 toy". :) The compromises that Yamato used for the YF-19 make me like it more. I'm sure that I'll be pleased as a VF-11 fan. I just have my fingers crossed on the durability and that there be no problems or QC issues.

Trust me on this, the new 1/60 VF-11B looks fantastic in all three modes. It is a huge improvement over the old 1/72.

The vertical tail fins while not as big as the lineart, are bigger than the ones on the original 1/72 toy.

I can't speak for durability, cus' I haven't actually handled one yet, but I've seen lots of photos of all three modes I think you guys will be more than happy with how it looks.

Graham

can't wait to see those "photos"....

I cannot wait for images of this thing. This design was kind of my gateway drug into the Macross universe and the 1/72 was my first valk purchase. With all the great stuff yammie has put out lately, this is what I've been most looking forward to.

Graham

What a tease. When can we expect pictures?

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm sorry but everyone was saying the same with the YF-21 and

see what a hideous looking Battroid mode we got with that thing.

That's just a matter of opinion isn't it?

Battroid looks fine IMO, expect for the legs being a little skinny.

Hideous?! The YF-21 never looked better. It was absolutely beautiful in Battroid mode, better than other version I had seen previously (it looks better in Battroid mode than in Fighter or Gerwalk mode). The thing even managed to stand on its own two feet, without buckling over backwards ,so that's a lot of plus points in addition. XD

I'm sure Yamato will deliver another excellent valk. Looking forward to this one.

Edited by OmegaD3k

The stabs on the 1/72 toy were small, so the tail fins being larger on the new 1/60 are not too surprising, its a given considering the larger size.

However, are the vertical stabilizers much larger than the ones shown in the new black and white schematic drawing shown a couple of days ago? Thats what a lot of us are discussing.

Graham

Sounds like we are getting closer to some type of release date or at lease a sneak peek....hint, hint!! When you actually get one Graham, let us know what ya think of it!!! I'm saving up in my piggy bank for this one!!! :D

Graham

It might help if you swung a medallion while saying that. :)

For what they charge for 1/60 toys with bad shoulders, they sure better find away to make big tail fins to match the line art.

It's just plain physically impossible. The fins are bigger than the legs they fold into. How would a real-life 15ft fin fit inside a real-life 10ft thick leg?

It could fold. Next?

Edit: Checked the lineart and no, the lower legs aren't smaller than the fins. They can fit.

Edited by danth

I can't find a direct side view of the line art to measure the width of the tail fins and the height of the engines, but it looks like the line art would work to me...(barely).

Assuming the fins hing at the green dot, and maybe even slide up into the leg, the actual length (blue arrow) of the fins shouldn't matter much. In theory they could be as long as the entire lower leg. It's the width (red arrow) of the fins that needs to be smaller than the height of the legs to fit. And it looks like it is, so I don't know why the length of the fins looks so unnecessarily small in the line art we're seeing.

vf11bfightercontrolsurfhr5.th.jpg

They look really unnecessarily small in this supposed CAD.

vf11cadcz0.th.jpg

Edited by Vic Mancini

A link posted just a few posts up

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q222/cd...ineart-0001.jpg

shows the side view.

Doesn't really seem like it could fold into it at that size, especially considering the thing has landing gears that occupy the same (or some of the same) space.

I can't find a direct side view of the line art to measure the width of the tail fins and the height of the engines, but it looks like the line art would work to me...(barely).

Assuming the fins hing at the green dot, the actual length (blue arrow) of the fins shouldn't matter much. In theory they could be as long as the entire lower leg. It's the width (red arrow) of the fins that needs to be smaller than the height of the legs to fit. And it looks like it is, so I don't know why the length of the fins looks so unnecessarily small in the line art we're seeing.

vf11bfightercontrolsurfhr5.th.jpg

I completely agree with DANTH, The tails can easily fit inside, and the pictures here confirm that. Don't get cheap on us Yamato, as your prices are Not. And for the arms, just use Aluminum or Diecast. To many issues with Plastics. For the tails on the legs, there is no reason why with newer technologies they (Yamato) can not make it work properly!!! B))