Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Plastic Models

Graham

Huh, I never noticed in the show that the head turned. Went back and looked at the art, and sure enough, the 25F, G and RVF heads all rotate for transformation. Oddly enough, the 25S does not, as clearly seen in episode 1 and the artwork. I wonder why it would be different?

WTF! Already listed on backorder and no shipping notice, so much for pre-ordering the beginning of August.

One of the reasons why I don't order from HLJ any more. Nearly every third pre-order item got canceled afterward. I end up hunting for it at other online stores or Evilbay. But this only apply to limited 1 time run products or printed matter with goodies.

A good thing that Bandai stuff don't get discontinued so fast especially cash cows like this kit.

Also glad to know it comes with it's own stand! :D

Chris

Sorry! I didn't mean for that to sound as if it comes with an action stand.

It does NOT come with an action stand.

The stand it has for the fighter mode, the one that holds the middle, is 2 pieces (Which I am now sure of, it is displayed in the instruction).

One piece apparently connects to the gun pod(? I'm not sure how that helps support the model, but that's where it connects.)

The two pieces connect to form the small fighter mode stand, which is what holds the nose in place.

An option is to remove the second piece of the small stand, if you have an action stand.

The stand then attaches to the piece attached to the gun pod.

This is the page of the instructions where it shows what I'm talking about more clearly.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/image/10075554z16/70/16

Though, I wish it came with it's own stand... for 4500 yen it should have. <_<

But sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edit: Looked at the instructions more closely, the special 'gun pod piece' holds the nose in place by snapping to the hinge and holding it there.

The only reason that piece is needed to hold the nose in place is because the hinge needed to be on the bottom, or else a grotesque hinge would have been visible on the top of the fighter.... and NO ONE would have wanted that.

Edited by CosmicSpore

price doesnt sound high at all for this kit. it's practically a mastergrade...and if its size is anywhere near what the VF0 is, then itll be a fairly good sized kit.

I would think its about the size of a typical 1/100 gundam or a little larger right?

MG would be almost pointless IMHO compared to this, go all the way to PG if there's to be a bigger/better one.

a PG in 1/48-1/32 scale would be awsome. so is the canopy in http://gamu-toys.info/gangu/pura/r3/mf01/mf01.html painted, or is it really that blue?

the tint looks awful on that one.

a PG in 1/48-1/32 scale would be awsome. so is the canopy in http://gamu-toys.info/gangu/pura/r3/mf01/mf01.html painted, or is it really that blue?

the tint looks awful on that one.

There are several shots of the parts runners that show the clear parts are straight transparent, no coloring. You can also kinda see the unevenness in the canopy coloring in gamu's photos, so it was done by him. The model builder will be able to coat it any way their heart sees fit, no worries.

Curse you Bandai.. I wanted a nice set of orthogonal views in the instruction sheets. :( heh.. not to mention my next paycheck, because I want about a dozen of these.

On the plus side though... they just printed us all the fancy detailed transformation/internal structure diagrams for the VF-25 we could probably ever want. I'll just have to see if I can piece together a 3d model from non-perspective bits of the instructions. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

They probably got more pre-orders than the number of kits they got from the distributor...

That would be fair enough, except for:

Well, I pre ordered it from HLJ few days ago and I just got an email saying that they shipped my order!!! I cant wait!!!!!!

I preordered bascially as soon as it was up. And now I'm on pre-order?

There's something wrong here.

That would be fair enough, except for:

I preordered bascially as soon as it was up. And now I'm on pre-order?

There's something wrong here.

I actually placed my order after someone here said it on available for pre-order, maybe a few days later. The same as I pre-ordered most other kits from HLJ, I usually hear the pre-order from this board first.

Only once have I been push off of the first batch, but I always order at least two.

Edited by Vince

He used clear blue to tint the canopy.

Looking at the feet is that Jet Exhaust or Anthracite Gray?

I'd say bare plastic actually, judging by the visible sprue marks.

Also, for the mods: When we members start getting the kits should we post our reviews/buildups in this current thread, or start our own new one?

Jarrod