1/60 perfect transforming vf-1 from yamato?

Shaggydog

You also have to remember though guys... the early 1/60 VF-1's were'nt perfect transforming... were'nt as detailed and did'nt cost as much to produce... Few years later add in inflation, a slumping economy and a bigger more detailed valk with higher production and R&D price and thatl drive up the price quite a bit...

You also have to remember though guys... the early 1/60 VF-1's were'nt perfect transforming... were'nt as detailed and did'nt cost as much to produce... Few years later add in inflation, a slumping economy and a bigger more detailed valk with higher production and R&D price and thatl drive up the price quite a bit...

Of course, but that doesn't mean people can't complain lol ^_^

Hello MWF people!

Although I'm a long time Macross fan, this is going to be my first post here.

My first Yamato is the VF-0S, though it wasn't my first valkyrie (I had some Bandai spin-offs and a joke machine, but never the 1/55). While I must say that the VF-0S looks fabulous in pictures and in still poses in real life, it was all in all a disappointment for me in terms of build quality and durability. (Mine didn't really have all of the first run QC mistakes, but it nevertheless wasn't perfect in my opinion).

Needless to say, I put off spending on any more Yamato valks since then.

But then I saw the new 1/60 line on HLJ.

I searched for more information on this line, the trail eventually leading me here.

I've read this thread to death, and I'm still hungry for more info on this new line (even though I've already pre-ordered a 1S Super/Strike from HLJ). I guess after being burnt by the Zero, I'm constantly looking for assurance that this will not be another costly mistake.

My questions are:

1) What kind of plastic will be used for the production run? The pictures at the Yamato site are inconsistent. Sometimes its a shiny white (similar to the old Bandai's) and sometimes its a resin-like beige (like the 0S, which I feel is brittle and unwieldy). I definitely hope its not the latter.

2) Anybody have more detail on the transformation? Will it be EXACTLY like the 1/48s? Any improvements/diferences besides that tail fin latch?

3) What are the confirmed die-cast parts if any?

Here's hoping that I don't get burned again. :mellow:

The Zero 0S first run (your copy) and Zero 0A Cannon Fodder without white stripe first (and only) run should and must

be avoided at all costs. Your not the only one that was burned.

After that you have the VF-0A Shin + Ghost combo which was a half fixed line.

Then they released Roy VF-0S + Ghost combo, apparently all fixed.

After those releases we had the SV-51's (Ivanov & Nora's) with pretty much all clear of problems.

Then the YF-21 1/60 recently, which is pefect.

Yamato has a new QC guy (since after the Zeros), and apparently it's paying off for us.

Graham (couple pages back) has already handled it and said it's tight as, he gets to handle stuff earlier than us.

I shouldn't worry if i was you. You could always wait till the VF-1A Hikaru, but you are a Roy fan so go ahead an get it.

The differences are plain to see, look it up, again.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

After placing my pre-order for the VF-1S Super, I checked Over drive's site. They have a link regarding Yamato's releases being delayed due to flooding in China where one of their factories is located. The article states a July release for a number of items including the 1S. I'm a noob and late in the game, so my anticipation just started. I still can't wait. Anyone up for a recon and extract mission in China? I've got some kayaks I can borrow!

Now back to page 10...catching up...hard not to peak at the end, like when reading a good book!

Edited by Jepoyako

After placing my pre-order for the VF-1S Strike, I checked Over drive's site. They have a link regarding Yamato's releases being delayed due to flooding in China where one of their factories is located. The article states a July release for a number of items including the 1S. I'm a noob and late in the game, so my anticipation just started. I still can't wait. Anyone up for a recon and extract mission in China? I've got some kayaks I can borrow!

Now back to page 10...catching up...hard not to peak at the end, like when reading a good book!

So I guess this means the end of July :(. Maybe I will just wait and get the 1A

I think it's been confirmed no stand.

really :unsure: it looks like the launch arm stand that has been in some of the pics is smaller than the one released for the 1/48 line. I thought it was actually going to come with this smaller version of the stand. Is the 1/60 stand going to be a separate item like it was with the 1/48 release

The Zero 0S first run (your copy) and Zero 0A Cannon Fodder without white stripe first (and only) run should and must

be avoided at all costs. Your not the only one that was burned.

After that you have the VF-0A Shin + Ghost combo which was a half fixed line.

Then they released Roy VF-0S + Ghost combo, apparently all fixed.

After those releases we had the SV-51's (Ivanov & Nora's) with pretty much all clear of problems.

Then the YF-21 1/60 recently, which is pefect.

Yamato has a new QC guy (since after the Zeros), and apparently it's paying off for us.

Graham (couple pages back) has already handled it and said it's tight as, he gets to handle stuff earlier than us.

I shouldn't worry if i was you. You could always wait till the VF-1A Hikaru, but you are a Roy fan so go ahead an get it.

The differences are plain to see, look it up, again.

thanks for the reply!

Actually, I like Hikaru's red color scheme over Focker's yellow. But I really wouldn't mind either one, as long as the build quality was up to standard, if not beyond. I mean, its been said many times that we pay a premium for this stuff, so anyone who says toy collectors are a finicky bunch are probably just snooty kids who are used to getting everything from their rich parents.

Anyway, back on topic, yeah, I've seen some of the differences in the pics, especially at the Yamato site. I've never handled a 1/48 before, so I can't really say I have a clear picture of the differences, especially the transformation process--my only basis being the Zero after all (funny how appropriate that name is to the toy, now that I think about it) :rolleyes:

Again, I would like to ask if the plastic material has been finalized yet. The latest pics above again show the white plastic being used. Will that only be for the Hikaru version? Or will it be the same for all the 1/60 VF-1's (besides the trainers and ELINTs of course)

By the way, you mentioned the YF-21 being perfect. How about the YF-19? I'm looking to add that plane to my collection later on if the quality is as good. TIA

Sure but I am not so sure that these are going to cost more for them to produce. I am guessing that it is going to cost them less. The V.1 1/60s had more diecast, and they were a smaller company at that point. I dont know though especially the R&D for this so maybe your are right.

Personally I prefer magnets.

The one and ONLY thing that Toynami Masterpiece VF1 had going for them.

VFTF1

It was also Toynami's greatest weakness...the magnets were shotty until Volume 4 Max. That was the tightest jointed and strongest magnet valk they had.

Slumping economy for who? Japan? I would figure they'd be doing decent in the Economy.

True, they weren't as detailed and nowhere near perfect transformation, but I don't nessessary believe that what your stating is why the price is so high.

So am I the only one that's taking into account on the price because these are coming with fast packs? If I remember right, a stock VF-1 was going to cost atleast 84 dollars and fast packs were going to be around 40 something....so really, it's not that much higher of a price from the V1.0s.

Edited by Hikuro

Yes, shipping has been delayed due to flooding in China.

Graham

Sigh. When I read that all I could think about was tiny 1/60s flying around China helping with the relief effort:

"The fans can wait. We got people to rescue! Skull Squadron.....LAUNCH!!!"

So am I the only one that's taking into account on the price because these are coming with fast packs? If I remember right, a stock VF-1 was going to cost atleast 84 dollars and fast packs were going to be around 40 something....so really, it's not that much higher of a price from the V1.0s.

Like I said a 1/60 vf-1s Strike was about $90 on HLJ and I've seen the naked 1/60 valks in the $50-60 range. Not that it matters as the V2s are a huge improvement based on the information we've been provided but they still however are more expensive relatively. People can argue about it all they want because that's the human thing to do but I'll reserve any pricing concerns until after I own at least one to compare against a V1 to decide if I feel it's over priced.

thanks for the reply!

Actually, I like Hikaru's red color scheme over Focker's yellow. But I really wouldn't mind either one, as long as the build quality was up to standard, if not beyond. I mean, its been said many times that we pay a premium for this stuff, so anyone who says toy collectors are a finicky bunch are probably just snooty kids who are used to getting everything from their rich parents.

Anyway, back on topic, yeah, I've seen some of the differences in the pics, especially at the Yamato site. I've never handled a 1/48 before, so I can't really say I have a clear picture of the differences, especially the transformation process--my only basis being the Zero after all (funny how appropriate that name is to the toy, now that I think about it) :rolleyes:

Again, I would like to ask if the plastic material has been finalized yet. The latest pics above again show the white plastic being used. Will that only be for the Hikaru version? Or will it be the same for all the 1/60 VF-1's (besides the trainers and ELINTs of course)

By the way, you mentioned the YF-21 being perfect. How about the YF-19? I'm looking to add that plane to my collection later on if the quality is as good. TIA

If you want the YF-19 get the YF-19 with Fold Booster combo pack (as in one box), That comes with the gunpod fix and

other fixes. Go ahead and grab it. Check this thread out - http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...0&start=540

i'm uploading a big wave of poses.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well unfortunately for valk purists like you low viz yamato doesn't see it that way... They'd rather save a few thousand yen by not including them when they really should... just shows how cheap yamato is...

And that's bad imo. Since nobody will buy GBP for every single VF that they want side covers for. :(

I view the covers as part of the valkyrie (like how you get extra hands included) not accessories.

Yamatoed!

I hear ya. I would rather have side covers than the extra hands these are coming with.

I hear ya. I would rather have side covers than the extra hands these are coming with.

Actually, I think they should include both. I mean, for the price that they're asking for it :blink: !

they really should add a different accessory.

after having the 1/60 v1 and the 1/48 with the same vf in the fighter and missile arnaments(in the box). It will be tiring to see it again in the 1/60 v2.

Actually, I think they should include both. I mean, for the price that they're asking for it :blink: !

With it, I really would like some sort of a basic/simple stand for flight mode... well for that price anyway...

With it, I really would like some sort of a basic/simple stand for flight mode... well for that price anyway...

I imagine their thinking is: 'Why should we include a stand? We didn't have to with version 1 of the 1/60 series. We didn't have to with 1/48 series. We only included them with the SV-51r and the 19 and 21 because we priced them at around $200. We can just sell some more of the normal stands that we've selling for the last several years and just include an adapter with the new 1/60s. People will buy them again because we give them no other choice. More money! Heh-heh!(rubs hand together like a villain with an evil grin).'

If they decide to include one I'll be pleasantly surprised. Hell, at the price they intend to sell it, I'd be shocked.

And they didn't even include it with the 19. I wish they had included more than empty air and some spare canards with the 19... :p

No, they wont include a stand, I'd imagine. Doing so would be direct competition against their own product as the VF-1 doesn't need a specialized stand like the SV-51 and I presume the 21 did.