Cyclone

izzyfcuk

• 3 months later...

The poseability of the figure while having the ride armor on looks great. I hope the Toynami version comes close since that is the only figure I am in need of to complete my Robotech collection from my days as a kid.

More photos from Yacolog.

http://wildcats.pupui.jp/mt/archives/2007/08/wf2007.html

I don't know why unpainted prototypes often look better than painted ones...

I still want this even though I am bit worried about a stand being used to hold a huge chunk on the back. Yet bike mode does look a bit small.

And CM's doing same 1/15 scale Mospeada/Cyclone. Probably not going to make December release date.

Oh, that invid lives up to Megahouse's bad side of reputation... Someone must have made that from shells brought back from Red Lobster.

bikes look a tiny bit small, necks look a tiny bit long, but overall i'm pretty impressed at this stage. I think the scariest detail is definitely that the ride armor apparently can't support its own weight... hopefully that won't be the case when all is said and done. Too bad CMs didn't really make a showing. I'm REALLY hoping that Inbit is just something they mocked up for this display and not something they actually intend to sell.

The sculpts aren't tooo bad. With the major exception of the god aweful handles. They really stick out like sore thumbs.

The Rei head sculpt looks really nice, IHMO. Stig on the other hand is a different story.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

The proportions look really weird... I like the look of them but it almost appears as if they had each part scaled off-axis in strange ways. They just look... off. Almost like if you looked at the official line art then looked at a fan made copy of the line art that had all these strange proportions and carries of the line length and thickness. I know most people probably won't follow that analogy... it just looks "off".

I like it, especially for the size. Any clue of the price tags or the release dates on these? If they are cheap enough, I'll own one of each of the main 3 types. I'll even buy the more or less duplicate one if they are reasonably priced. I really hope they include small stands with these, or at least props for the back so that a person can pose the figures w/out them toppling over.

Also looks like the Beta/Alpha, Tread/Legioss hasn't really changed since we last saw it, which is disappointing.

I like it, especially for the size. Any clue of the price tags or the release dates on these? If they are cheap enough, I'll own one of each of the main 3 types. I'll even buy the more or less duplicate one if they are reasonably priced. I really hope they include small stands with these, or at least props for the back so that a person can pose the figures w/out them toppling over.

Also looks like the Beta/Alpha, Tread/Legioss hasn't really changed since we last saw it, which is disappointing.

The Tread/Legiss pics are the same old ones we've already seen. It doesn't mean the current prototypes look like that, last I've heard CMs was reworking them.

The Ride Armor looks nice, but I don't get why the toy makers never take a look at the bikes' line art and focus exclusively on the armor mode. The bikes are really great designs on their own, aggressive and muscular, unlike these tiny and skeletal bikes that Toynami and Megahouse are showing. Those designs were okay for a child's affordable 80's toy, but this is the 21st Century. We're not kids anymore and we're willing to pay top dollar if the product worth it.

Edit: The long neck and wide shoulders on the riders figures are probably to make them look good with the bike on.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Not too bad looking, I guess. The Ride Armor looks pretty sleek, especially compared to the Gakken/Toynami/Imai versions. The trouble is that it does come at the price of a somewhat smallish bike mode. It's that damn anime magic that pervades Mospeada so much, rearing it's ugly, third dimension defying head yet again.

I don't think its anime magic so much the problem the persists making armored figures. You just can't get the same relative thickness in terms of how big the armor looks on the outside versus how thick it is on the inside. Look at how that affects Saint Cloth Myth figures. They look fine with their armor, but without it they look really emaciated in order to make the armor thick enough so the individual pieces aren't paper thin.

While 1/15 may be smallish it does have one advantage: it's in scale with Yamato's Garland... I'm a sucker for consistency.

Agreed.

They are also in-scale (or close) with SW, GI Joe and Microman figures and vehicles. That's just great.

Ah! My eyes! I must now pluck them out with a rusty spoon. :blink:

Thank goodness for modern designing and manufacturing standards. While, some times (most times?), not as forgiving of abuse as the old school stuff, the new crop of mecha toys just look sooooooo much better.

Edited by mechaninac

Found this in HLJ.

Mega House Invid

The crab-like Invid from "Mospeada" was announced as part of Mega House's Variable Action line.

Not much information is available at this time, but Mega House's announcement has "Mospeada" fans excited all around the globe!

View Slideshow

The pic is here:

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/summer20...C_2868.JPG.html

Anybody know if this is correct?

After years of pain-staking review, we have decided that the original art of the Inbit is unsatisfactory, so we have re-imagineered it to look much different... and we like it better... so that's the toy you will get. Thank you for your dire desire for any Inbit toy, we're glad to take your money.