Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

Kinda strange, HLJ has it as discontinued. Must be an error. http://www.hlj.com/product/WAVMC-41

haha, all those cancellations must've put a fire under their butts!

what do they expect when they(both wave and HLJ) try to sell that tiny thing for more than the price of a 1/48?

crack smokers!

haha, all those cancellations must've put a fire under their butts!

what do they expect when they(both wave and HLJ) try to sell that tiny thing for more than the price of a 1/48?

crack smokers!

um.. so.. you would prefer if hlj refused to sell it?

You do realize that hlj doesn't get much say in the price, right?

This makes me curious. All a manufacturer is entitled to do is SUGGEST a retail price right? It seems to me like much more than that goes on though since so many sellers abide by the suggestion. Do seller's make some sort of agreement to keep items at the suggested price for a certain duration?

This makes me curious. All a manufacturer is entitled to do is SUGGEST a retail price right? It seems to me like much more than that goes on though since so many sellers abide by the suggestion. Do seller's make some sort of agreement to keep items at the suggested price for a certain duration?

MFG's have a suggested price and a discount based (general or volume) on the price. Some mfg's have set standard prices for a 'X' period of time that their retailers have to conform to in order to secure the product. After 'X', then's it's up to the retailer to slash prices.

-Kevin

i can only imgaine this is the conversation between most manufacturers and distributors....

"so what you do think we should charge off the bat?"

"i don't know but everyone said they'd pay $XYZ amount"

"lets put up a pre-order at $XYZ and see how it goes"

"damn we got a buttload of pre-orders, what a bunch of suckers!"

"so $XYZ then?"

"its seems kind of high but if they said they'd pay $XYZ, we might as well charge $XYZ"

"$XYZ sounds good to me"

"yeah me too, i'm down to sell for $XYZ"

"okay then $XYZ it is. and remember no one sell it for any less until we move a bulk of out inventory okay"

"sounds good to me"

*snicker snicker*

:lol:

i can only imgaine this is the conversation between most manufacturers and distributors....

"so $XYZ then?"

"its seems kind of high but if they said they'd pay $XYZ, we might as well charge $XYZ"

"$XYZ sounds good to me"

"okay then $XYZ it is. and remember no one sell it for any less until we move a bulk of out inventory okay"

"sounds good to me"

*snicker snicker*

The MFG gets to determine the prices. The retailer either plays the game or walks...

-K

Bandai should make a rendition of the SDF-1 with the detail they put on the Space Battleship Yamato. That would be awesome!

It would, and I would have to buy one, but it would also be HUGE and about $100.000.000!

"so $XYZ then?"

"$XYZ sounds good to me"

"sounds good to me"

*snicker snicker*

:lol: LOL!!!11

too small

too expensive

great details, but gonna need a microscope to look at them

already have a nice keychain for my car keys

not worth it

gonna wait for the price to gonna under 90 bucks 'cause noone will buy it and then rethink about my purchase, hehehehehehe

all in all, I give mad props to wave for stepping into the macross toy world, but they were too ambixious, keep up the almost good job

Here's a quick comparison pic with a 1/60 & 1/48.

Graham

Thanks for the pic Graham do you happen to have a picture of the WAVE SDF-1 on its display stand along side of a 1-60 & 1-48 VF-1 in Battroid mode.

Edited by rdenham

I had a feeling it was gonna be on the small size.

You guys gotta remember: the main guns easily make up 1/3rd or almost 1/2 of the Macross' height in Attacker mode. So when we were talking earlier in this thread about this Macross' height being almost comparable to the 1/48 Yammies, I knew we had to factor in the height of the main guns.

But regardless of the size, it is good to see someone finally coming out with an updated version of the flagship.

I'm just waiting for someone to come out with a Macross between 2.5 to 3 feet long (my own personal preference, of course ;) ).

BTW, are there any critiques or reviews on this puppy's articulation and "tight-ness"? (I saw the review posted earlier, but I'd need someone to translate.)

Though it's pricey for its size, I'm moving forward on getting one of these bad boys this week. :) It's been two decades since the 1/3000th scale Macross toy and it's nice that the DYRL SDF-1 is finally getting a fully transformable toy/display model like this. :)

Picked this up yesterday at Frank and Sons for $135

Took a few pictures

[attachmentid=40333]

[attachmentid=40334]

But...I must have got a lemon, because when I was transforming it back to cruiser mode the right arm broke at the elbow. Really wish the arm joints were diecast for the price of this. Not Happy :angry:

So, be real careful when bending and rotating the arms.

[attachmentid=40335]

[attachmentid=40336]

well i took apart the busted arm piece and found what the problem was. I guess when being assembled, some glue got into the joint which seized up the part of the elbow joint that should rotate. I also noticed that all the joints on the left side of my SDF-1 are nice and tight (legs and main cannon) but on the right side the legs and main cannon are pretty loose. Hopefully this lemon was a one off and the rest of you have better luck. Buyer beware.

post-515-1171256961_thumb.jpg

post-515-1171256978_thumb.jpg

post-515-1171257016_thumb.jpg

post-515-1171257047_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny