Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

Well Wave made a smaller model VF-0S, Hasegawa made a slightly larger one, and Yamato made a larger toy version. Maybe another company will make a larger SDF-1. If not then I might get this version.

I will wait for something better.

1. TOO SMAlll

2. DYRL SDF-1 = FUGLY

3. EXPENSIVE

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A LARGE SCALE TV STYLE SDF-1!!

Well provide me with some excellent pictures all around and I can possible make a beautiful huge scale model that can also transform!

Ask and you shall recieve but I need help. :D

SDF-1 is always considered a 3 mode transformer in every version of the toy that is produced. The old matchbox toy labeled them "Cruiser, Attack, and Battle modes"

I am not sure but IIRC, there is only 'Cruiser' and 'Storm-Attacker' modes right? Was there ever any reference to 'battle' mode in the series or the books?

I don't even remember it being referred to in the shows as "cruiser" or "storm attacker" but I could be wrong. I think all the labeling done subsequently is just people trying to sell it. Seems to me like it should have only two modes but since everything else seems to have three modes I can see why people would go that route. The difference between "battle" and "Storm attacker" are just a spread out chest, raised arms, and lowered booms... hardly seems like a "mode" to me.

Anyone taking advantage of the Early Bird offer at HLJ.com?

It expires on the 8th.

Yep. Placed my order awhile back :)

I even posted that earlier 10/29/06 page #3 post #120.

I don't want a SDF-Macross... there are plenty of those out already. I want a Battle 7! THat would rock.

vinnie

Not a good one that is readily available though. This is the best looking one by far, I appreciate this coming.

Battle 7 would rock, and so would Battle 13.

Sorely tempted, but there's the 1/60 YF-19 to consider, and I may cave and get MP Starscream, too. I've made a little extra cash lately, but not that much extra. I'd be more certain about this if it were larger, those close-up shots really show how the detail gets a bit fuzzy due to the scale.

I also agree that a Battle 7 would be fantastic. Personally, I love it in both modes, so hey if you hate one mode but love the other, then simply leave it in the mode you like. I never understood the idea of wishing to actively deny others of things you might not personally like.

Not a good one that is readily available though. This is the best looking one by far, I appreciate this coming.

Battle 7 would rock, and so would Battle 13.

I agree with Batte 7 and 13, but I would like to see the ASS-1 and the Megaroad-01 in the same scale also. Sheesh, City7 would be a monster for sure. A TV macross with this kind of detail would be sweet too.

IPB Image

Edited by Guvava

Don't care about the tininess much (24 cm is right by me), but the detail is lacking for the price they are asking (I've seen things one fourth this things size that are chuck full of detail). Lines don’t look sharp… I’ll wait for more pics before I decide to cancel but so far I’d pay no more than $70 for this.

Edited by Twoducks

I agree, the lines aren't sharp at all... looks like a capsule toy. It also looks like really bad colors were chosen for the materials and the (painted? sticker?) details look gawdy. I think I could crap out a better looking SDF-1. Good thing I never really cared for the SDF-1 to begin with.