Wave High advancd Model 1/5000 DYRL SDF-1 Diecast!

xstoys

ok ok, sorry, I was a bit harsh on my comment... but, for the price they're asking for, I think they could have used a bit less diecast, more plastic and made it bigger

and, I know it's 24cm long, but in the picture it really looks to me like a keychain, hehehehe

i found your keychain comment to be quite funny and agree with you, it does look like dinky little keychain. :lol:

and BTW, 24cm is not that big, just ask any of my GFs. :D

Not much smaller, plastic, loads of fun, only $5 back in the day. Somehow this chogokin reminds me of this little plastic thing:

http://www.happymoonasia.com/COLLECTION/MiniSDF1takaALL.jpg

After seeing this thread a month or so back, I thought I found and was buying that in an ebay auction, but I ended up with this instead:

IPB Image

It's a partformer. Unfortunately the ship mode doesn't hold together too well. I could probably take some crazy glue to the joints to remedy that though. Its decent for the $15 shipped I paid and looks good with the 1/100's I have.

Anyone have any info on this? And is the aforementioned chogokin kind of rare?

I believe most of you'll are spoiled and ungrateful. There i said it, mwahahahahahaha :). But seriously it does seem like a lot of complaining, and yes the price is kind of high, but dammit most of us don't have any SDF-1 toys. I can't wait for this one, i am definitely going to buy one, aawwww all my childhood dreams come true now that i am 25.

My impression from some of those pictures is that this thing is cheap looking, but expensive...that's even worse.

I'd love an SDF1, but for that price...no way... considering what it looks like...

I'll be content waiting for the OA+Ghost set.

VFTF1

The Takas and Bandais and worst of all Matchboxes are even cheaper looking and worth even more than that on ebay, the Matchbox even fetching up to $300 USD before shipping.

Edited by kensei

woa!! that $15 SDF-1 you bought has the deadelous (sp?) and the Prometheus on the wrong arms...

Ooops, that's my doing. It's a partformer and that's just how I reassembled it. :D

According to the box it's a "Macross SSF-1 Cruiser-Fortress Tranship Robo" Yes, SSF-1, that wasn't a typo. I *think* its a knock off of sorts, which was why I was asking. Anyway the box says that this is 1/5700 scale, so its a hair smaller than the Wave 1/5000. Ship mode is roughly 21.5cm from tip to tip. Standing fortress mode is roughly 15cm to the top of the bridge. To the very tippy top of the fortress mode is roughly 23cm. The valks are the Toynami 1/100 scale. So this is something of an idea of what the 1/5000 looks like with them.

What's funny is that the box clearly shows the Bandai/Matchbox version.

:D Eh, it was $15. No loss.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow that Macross looks fantastic.

As for the nay sayers who are all saying things like "Wait for Yamato to make one", they won't even do two-seater VF-1's for us..what makes you think they'll make the Macross? :p

Props to Wave for making the first ever DYRL version Macross in Toy Form. Can't wait to have one.

I am starting to realize that i am in the minority here. Maybe it is because i missed out on so many macross toys as a child so i appreciate all the ones i get now. Hell before i switched over to yamato i was really happy with my toynami vf-1j hikaru. And yes yamato has it's issues but dammit ive been wanting figures like these for years. it was the only toy i never got as child so i will continue to buy them and be happy. I will by the sdf-1, and other products with pride cause now i can say i finally have them.